Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 13, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #646 of 9,186
This is a beautiful upgrade wire from Linsoul. It has 4 cores and is available in both MMCX and 2-pin versions with 3 choices of jacks, 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm. It comes packed in a nice box and has its own carry case.

They claim for it to be a 7N OCC pure silver plated cable but I don't know if that is correct or not. I anyway care more about lower impedance values and good build quality. It is extremely soft and feels great to touch. It has a sheath for the ear hooks but the hooks are not hard formed and will easily rest on different ear shapes and sizes. The connectors and jack are of very good quality with a very Swiss Military-ish design. The right connector has a red ring to differentiate between the L & R sides.

My measured impedance is 0.2 ohm across 2-pin and MMCX (measuring MMCX's impedance is a little more difficult than 2-pin).

As for sound quality, switching from the cheaper stock cable on the TSMR-3, the sound of the IEM improved with better clarity and instrument separation. A bit of the muddiness in the lower mids was reduced, giving it better definition. Bass notes were more defined and the highs sounded crisper than before. Majority of it is just because of better conductivity of the cable.

I'll recommend it for people who find their IEMs a bit too warm or lacking clarity with their existing stock cables. Give it a try- https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/Linsoul-7NOCC-Cable

51548573951_.pic.jpg
61548573954_.pic.jpg 71548573955_.pic.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #647 of 9,186
Is it possible to measure how much the diameter between the red arrows please? I'm interested for a DIY earbud projet (so basically, I will unfortunately cut the MMCX connectors, like all my MMXC cables)
Many thanks :)
due to braid, diameter varies from 2.2mm to 4mm. so 3.1mm average

Yo! I got the ISN Audio C16 16 Shares 19 Cores Single Crystal Copper Cable. It measures roughly around 100-130mΩ (My multimeter is acting up a little, so couldn't get exact specific values). It is so fat that it looks like a small snake. LOL :D
these are good news, thanks for measuring! then, wire could be 0.08mm*19 * 16 cores. nice conductivity for that snake collar

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #649 of 9,186
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #652 of 9,186
Sharing my exp here :

1) Eros ii+ 4
Was good, but suddenly forgettable because trying the big bro

2) Janus Basso
Janus Basso cable is the side quest, really opening for my ear. Low and Mid segment really details... this is the reason why solaris DD were mean to be, IMO.
I even compare NOTE8 with janus cable vs QP1R with S.litz (3.5SE). and my ear goes to Janus pairing with Note8 (Noise and SQ).
Pairing Qp1r with janus, the noise become noticeable....

The message : this Palladium plate copper cable is one of the best cable experience I had, really opening my ear that cable can overall effect IEM sound quality in quite big marginal. Getting a thick detail in Low and Mid Freq... making my existing cable feel nothing...

Must reset the ear after this.... anyway, any idea where to find the cable material ??? hehehe

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #653 of 9,186
That Linsoul cable mentioned above, is it the same as the one currently on Massdrop?

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #654 of 9,186
That Linsoul cable mentioned above, is it the same as the one currently on Massdrop?
i'd bet all in it's the same cable. the wire used is the same than their 8 cores sibling, cables 130, 131, and 132 of my list.
i do recommend the 8 cores version, because you get double conductivity while staying light and flexible.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #655 of 9,186
Sharing my exp here :

1) Eros ii+ 4
Was good, but suddenly forgettable because trying the big bro

2) Janus Basso
Janus Basso cable is the side quest, really opening for my ear. Low and Mid segment really details... this is the reason why solaris DD were mean to be, IMO.
I even compare NOTE8 with janus cable vs QP1R with S.litz (3.5SE). and my ear goes to Janus pairing with Note8 (Noise and SQ).
Pairing Qp1r with janus, the noise become noticeable....

The message : this Palladium plate copper cable is one of the best cable experience I had, really opening my ear that cable can overall effect IEM sound quality in quite big marginal. Getting a thick detail in Low and Mid Freq... making my existing cable feel nothing...

Must reset the ear after this.... anyway, any idea where to find the cable material ??? hehehe
How is that low end or cheap? That cable doesn't belong here.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #657 of 9,186
i'd bet all in it's the same cable. the wire used is the same than their 8 cores sibling, cables 130, 131, and 132 of my list.
i do recommend the 8 cores version, because you get double conductivity while staying light and flexible.

I have the 130 nicehck cable. A couple of them actually. Agree, quite nice. They sound and look great.

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #660 of 9,186
Hey guys,
Any recommendations for excellent/very good cables based on 4 cores (with max 2.2mm OD for both 2 wires after Y-splitter) with crystal copper (and/or) silver ?
I'm looking for very soft and flexibility mainly with very good conductivity (a bit hard with 4 cores I know, but it's for earbuds DIY mods), if possible without brands name on jacks/splitters, between 20 and 90$ if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back