Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 18, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #676 of 9,223
Btw i checked penon today and they have C16 in stock ..

Other than that i recieved S16 cable yesterday.

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-s16.html

The cable looks dope .. very nice.

I dont know if i will say anything else useful but i will start with a warning, its a BIG FAT CABLE.

it is not a good cable for everyday use out and about at least for me, its big and heavy, also its my first time to get a 16 core cable and i think the last, as one is enough in my life :D ( if you have like a sweater with a nice pocket it will work fine but forget about small cases u used to carry around )

So usability is not the best unless ur used to such cables, the looks and quality is very nice, its soft, the sound is great, i only tried it with CA atlas, and it certainly needs to be clipped to the shirt after the split, since atlas is heavy and worn straight down, also the cable is heavy, so you feel pulled down all the way, might be different worn over ear since they rest on ears but didnt try it, also compared to the accompanied alo litz cable as a first impression, they sound very close, sometimes i find the alo litz sound abit tighter and controlled but other times they just sound nearly identical according to my ears which is good given the price difference (also comparing cables is pretty annoying, tiring and is bad for the mmcx connector i switched around 4 times and thats my first impression)

Otherwise in comfort and usability the alo litz is miles ahead, it is so small i could just stuff it in my shirt pocket easy in and out without tangling and its great.

I dont have a dmm to measure it, will try to get one.

Also, if anyone thinks of grabbing chi fi iem from ali express, i recommend you check penon first, iam not affiliated with them in anyway, but with iems they have this express shipping option with dhl for like 10$ more, i was never serviced with dhl this cheap, i recieved the stuff in like 3 days, with ali express free shipping its like 2 month for me and dhl rates on ali express like 40 or 50$ for me.

Just a though !

Edited :

2 non major things, touching the part above splitter causes some tiny microphonics that is not apparent while music is playing.

also this is as far as the chin slider can go down as shown in the pics, it won't stick to the splitter, there will always be this little difference, i don't know why i mention this, but anyway :D

20190219_152301.jpg
20190219_152349.jpg
20190219_152452.jpg
20190219_152513.jpg

Compared to alo litz size:

20190219_154112.jpg
20190219_154252.jpg
20190219_154343.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #677 of 9,223
My C16 should be delivered later today. I agree with the above poster. Penon Audio has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. DHL shipping cost $10USD more, and the package has taken 3 business days to arrive. I will be ordering from Penon Audio again!

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #678 of 9,223

The C16 cable goes very nicely with the Solaris. In fact it is difficult to really tell much of a difference from the C16 and the NiceHCK single crystal SPC I was using. I still prefer my other cable I am using with the Solaris as it seems to throw out just a bit more resolution over the C16 but the C16 don't degrade any sound what so ever on the Solaris. Solaris has the widest stage I have heard yet using the C16 however.

It is a good match for certain. Will have to try my Andromeda S next.
Just ordered the H16 snake. I should hopefully receive it at the same time as the nicehck pure copper 16 cores. Since owning the DM6, I am a cable believer now!

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #679 of 9,223
So the C16 just arrived.

I got what looks like a Penon Audio Scarf?

IMG_0647.jpeg

The cable was packaged well, albeit simply.

IMG_0642.jpeg

It is a very supple cable, despite how large it is. Can't wait to put it to use once my IEMs arrive later this week :)

IMG_0644.jpeg

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #680 of 9,223
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #682 of 9,223
they should rename the cable to C16 Noose :D

Hahaha. Or C16 SNAKE. Seems like that is catching on. I'm not kidding! It was laying on my bed and when I entered the room, in my peripheral vision, it looked like a small snake. Skipped a heartbeat. Lol! :D

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #683 of 9,223
hehehe..Was about to buy. then I see my drawer, already more than 10 cables not used... hahaha is the dilemma between wants and need...

Need to clear out some to make room...

That C16 is really grind my gear... #cablegeek

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #684 of 9,223
Here are my quick impressions of the ISN Audio C16 single crystal copper cable

This is a great cable with good fat thickness and a very low impedance of around 100mΩ. Such impedance values are great for the price of admission, which is $48.90.

It is available in 2-pin & MMCX both along with a 2.5mm balanced or a 3.5mm jack as an option.

The cable is beautifully made. It has a nice fat diameter, individual cores have good thickness. The jack and connectors both feel solid and look like they are made out of metal. I prefer these over the cheaper plastic connectors. It does not have pre-formed ear hooks and can be worn in any way you like. Also the cable post the Y-split is light enough to work well for an over the ear connection. It also has a nice circular chin slider.

Sound description- My test unit was the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3. Rotating cables between similarly priced cables and the default TSMR-3 cable, ISN C16 has the lowest impedance out of the lot. It enabled the TSMR-3 to have the best clean and crisp high end. The separation in the mids got better and low end, particularly the sub-bass was more defined than boomy.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good cable now. This one right here is very very good. It might seem a little fat to carry around but it should work very well for fixed setups or for use at home or office.

I'll highly suggest it for people who are looking for a well built cable with very low impedance around $50 or even above. Try it out!

You can buy it from Penon Audio- https://penonaudio.com/isn-c16.html

As usual, let me know if I can answer any questions for you. :)

171550561163_.pic.jpg 141550561160_.pic.jpg 151550561161_.pic.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #686 of 9,223
Here are my quick impressions of the ISN Audio C16 16 shares 19 cores single crystal copper cable.

This is one massive big fat cable which has a very low impedance of around 100mΩ.

It is available in 2-pin & MMCX both along with a 2.5mm balanced or a 3.5mm jack as an option.

The cable is beautifully made. The individual strands are fat. The jack is solid and looks like it is made out of metal. The connectors look well built too. I prefer these over the cheaper plastic connectors. It does not have pre-formed ear hooks and can be worn in any way you like. Also the cable post the Y-split is light enough to work well for an over the ear connection. It also has a nice circular chin slider.

Sound description- My test unit was the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3. Rotating cables between similarly priced cables and the default TSMR-3 cable, ISN C16 has the lowest impedance out of the lot. It enabled the TSMR-3 to have the best clean and crisp high end. The separation in the mids got better and low end, particularly the sub-bass was more defined than boomy.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good cable now. This one right here is very very good. It might seem a little fat to carry around but it should work very well for fixed setups or for use at home or office.

I'll highly suggest it for people who are looking for a well built cable with very low impedance around $50 or even above. Try it out!

You can buy it from Penon Audio- https://penonaudio.com/isn-c16.html

As usual, let me know if I can answer any questions for you. :)

What is the cable on the left in the middle picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back