Love the Sony MDR-V6 except for one thing... advice?
May 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kdern

New Head-Fier
Just got a pair of Sony MDR-V6... love them except for the coiled cable.  I think they will be bulky if using the headphones for portability, and I expect they would get tangled in the bag.

My next option to try was the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 but at $150 it's double the price.

What advice would you give me?  Is there something comparable with a straight cable? 

May 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't think you're going to find anything that comes close to the sound quality of the V6 without, as you said, spending roughly twice as much.  Plus, the M50 has a long cable as well.  For what it's worth, I often wear my V6s while out walking, and the cable doesn't get in the way all that much, I just bunch it up and stuff it in a pocket.  I've never had any trouble with it getting tangled from doing this.

May 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Recable, the first option and a good option for later. Another headphone that is just as well suited for your preference and there are more options than the M50 (HD428/438, MDR 7506, SRH440, K240 S etcetera...) 

When it comes to the cable, for the price a headphone with a decent and sturdy cable like the V6 is a good headphone...

May 15, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the feedback but the long coiled cable is driving me crazy.  Does anyone have suggestions of another option with a straight cable?  Budget is $100.  Closed style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back