Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 12, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #841 of 3,520
Mmm
For $4000 dollars they should be jumping through hoops for their customers. I may really want to hear a lotoo but I will not buy one now.

Mm yea customer support at this price is kinda expected to be included.

Hell even Ibasso fixed my dx200 for free of charge and free dhl shipping!
And I had no warranties and was third owner!!! Baught it used from @NaiveSound and he baught it from @Whitigir ....

Wow thats only a 850$ device !
Ibasso was best customer service ever I experienced. They replied to me on weekends to! Impressive job @Paul - iBasso

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #842 of 3,520
Absolute joke. I've had great help from Ak and ibasso as you say. Also, recently my opus 1 broke so I send it to South Korea to get it fixed. They send it back by FedEx. FedEx delivered to the wrong address. About twelve calls to FedEx where I've been ignored, lied to and hung up upon.
Opus agree to send me another.
Hate FedEx though.

Like I say, I can fully recommend opus, ak and ibasso for customer support
I will add to this some wonderful service from Hiby recently.

The balanced port on my R6 failed. Sent it to HK for repair. Hiby sent it back. It didn’t arrive. After 3 weeks I complained and they sent me, express, a brand new sealed R6.

The original arrived a week later. Hiby did not ask me to return the brand new replacement.

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #843 of 3,520
Mmm

Mm yea customer support at this price is kinda expected to be included.

Hell even Ibasso fixed my dx200 for free of charge and free dhl shipping!
And I had no warranties and was third owner!!! Baught it used from @NaiveSound and he baught it from @Whitigir ....

Wow thats only a 850$ device !
Ibasso was best customer service ever I experienced. They replied to me on weekends to! Impressive job @Paul - iBasso

And that's the kind of a service you would also get if buying LPGT from Musicteck. Again, local distributors take upon their shoulders to carry and to support the brand. And poor communication and handling of support reflects badly on the brand itself. That's why I think we have so many negative comments.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what's going on here. I had LPGT loaner which I have reviewed, and it's among the top flagship daps, different signature with a boatload of features to tweak. But all we are reading in this thread is about miscommunication with local distributors or buying from another region which doesn't support English. I know it royaly sucks!!! And I don't understand WHY they charge $4000 in Japan, and on top of that you don't get English. While in US, Musicteck sells English version for $3,199. And, I'm not bringing up Musicteck to promote it (don't care if you do or don't buy from them). I just don't know of any other store in US/Canada/EU that sells LPGT yet.

I mean, I understand consequences when you buy a used unit in US from someone who purchased it in S.Korea, but for others like Chris/HBB @Hawaiibadboy who lives in Japan while originally from US, can't buy it from a local store and have to figure out how deal with it. There gotta be some exceptions...

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #844 of 3,520
And that's the kind of a service you would also get if buying LPGT from Musicteck. Again, local distributors take upon their shoulders to carry and to support the brand. And poor communication and handling of support reflects badly on the brand itself. That's why I think we have so many negative comments.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what's going on here. I had LPGT loaner which I have reviewed, and it's among the top flagship daps, different signature with a boatload of features to tweak. But all we are reading in this thread is about miscommunication with local distributors or buying from another region which doesn't support English. I know it royaly sucks!!! And I don't understand WHY they charge $4000 in Japan, and on top of that you don't get English. While in US, Musicteck sells English version for $3,199. And, I'm not bringing up Musicteck to promote it (don't care if you do or don't buy from them). I just don't know of any other store in US/Canada/EU that sells LPGT yet.

I mean, I understand consequences when you buy a used unit in US from someone who purchased it in S.Korea, but for others like Chris/HBB @Hawaiibadboy who lives in Japan while originally from US, can't buy it from a local store and have to figure out how deal with it. There gotta be some exceptions...
Does this post actually help ?

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #845 of 3,520
I think for that level of money, customer service should be A1

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #846 of 3,520
Regarding authorized dealers, I am on another hands, would have to strongly agree with how Ibasso and A&K is doing their business. Everyone in the world know that this forum is the most active forum for portable players and headphones. So, Paul and Ibasso, or Jason and A&K are both very active in posting and responding to users here, a form of excellent customer support. This is ways better than emailing a dealer and a waiting for them to call or yet emailing the manufacturers again, and then await for answers. Many other companies are doing this directly, and beside A&K, majority of these companies are from China like Cayin and Andy for example. I understand why someone would be so frustrated with LPGT supports though

Anyways, you can’t blame the company when you buy a DAP, fully knowing that it is being restricted, just like Sony, and now Lotoo

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #847 of 3,520
Regarding authorized dealers, I am on another hands, would have to strongly agree with how Ibasso and A&K is doing their business. Everyone in the world know that this forum is the most active forum for portable players and headphones. So, Paul and Ibasso, or Jason and A&K are both very active in posting and responding to users here, a form of excellent customer support. This is ways better than emailing a dealer and a waiting for them to call or yet emailing the manufacturers again, and then await for answers. Many other companies are doing this directly, and beside A&K, majority of these companies are from China like Cayin and Andy for example. I understand why someone would be so frustrated with LPGT supports though

Anyways, you can’t blame the company when you buy a DAP, fully knowing that it is being restricted, just like Sony, and now Lotoo
Lotoo put this info on the box ? Did the sales man say that Lotoo in Japan does not come in English ? Can Lotoo just help the consumer ?

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #850 of 3,520
Jason from A&K and Paul at iBasso were wonderful and I expected something like that though this is a price tier above.

The attitude, they blocked me on FB and lotoo.cn does not reply.
I was careful not to use any swear words.
On the good side that dude that showed his face may not be known to the lotoo crowd on this site as being a paid worker by lotoo making him required to let the site know and should be in his user description.

10 minutes before replying here I said this would not go down so rough without noise and I was told it was a free world.

Like I bought a pair of $20 earbuds and the cable was messed up. No, no....I bought your latest flagship lotoo

I use it in videos everyday, I'm a gushing fanboy.......what the hell??
It's a FW.
I was going to buy a paw 5000 mk2 this week for portable/workplace etc. Now, however I'm kinda think f you lotoo. However, I'm considering the fiio x5iii for the 3rd time. It's not for streaming so I couldn't give a crap about Spotify etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #851 of 3,520
Does this post actually help ?

Yes it does, cause I just told one distributor to go and read this thread because customers are unhappy, and they added "English Version" in their product listing. Happy now? Hope others follow the same because due to price variation, it sounds like people are looking for the best price to buy from different sources, and retailers/distributors have to be transparent with a product they sell.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #853 of 3,520
Though I have not used Lotoo customer service for a PAW Gold Touch, I DO have the Lotoo PAW Gold, for which Lotoo has given me exemplary customer service, from their China location to my US location.

Two instances:

1) Display was fading, as some of the early PAW Golds were known to do... Lotoo sent me a display for $100 and sent me a video on how to replace it. I ended up breaking a cable connector and sent the whole unit back with both new and old display, and for about another $200, ALL of which was on shipping both directions and customs (not Lotoo labor or diagnosis), they repaired my connector and installed the display.

2) Headphone jack became intermittent, and they advised me that I could reflow the solder, sending photos on how to disassemble the many layers of electronics were required to get there. Again, I almost had to send it back, but this time, I succeeded.

All emails were answered within 1-1/2 business days, cordially, helpfully, and professionally. Great job for me, Lotoo!

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #854 of 3,520
Though I have not used Lotoo customer service for a PAW Gold Touch, I DO have the Lotoo PAW Gold, for which Lotoo has given me exemplary customer service, from their China location to my US location.

Lotoo has given me exemplary customer service<<<

I think even being asked to bust out a solder pen and open a $2k+ rig is ridiculous and ghetto
iBasso asked for a gif of an issue...saw it...replaced it. Sent the replacement b4 the defective one. A&K same scenario.
THAT is excellent. Lotoo is horrible. 48 hours later and my mail is not getting replied to and am blocked on FB.

I see your point as furthering mine.

Inconsistent manufacturing (that screen issue was not resolved for many like it was for you)
inconsistent customer care which is much worse
Hey can you use a solder pen is NOT exemplary. Lotoo is ghetto, inconsistent, petty and pick and choose who they help.
I have a video I am doing. I will mention you if you like. The others who got stuck with a bad screen and a lack of solder skills will surely comment.

Lotoo has given me exemplary customer service<<<

I think even being asked to bust out a solder pen and open a $2k+ rig is ridiculous and ghetto
iBasso asked for a gif of an issue...saw it...replaced it. Sent the replacement b4 the defective one. A&K same scenario.
THAT is excellent. Lotoo is horrible. 48 hours later and my mail is not getting replied to and am blocked on FB.

I see your point as furthering mine.

Inconsistent manufacturing (that screen issue was not resolved for many like it was for you)
inconsistent customer care which is much worse
Hey can you use a solder pen is NOT exemplary. Lotoo is ghetto, inconsistent, petty and pick and choose who they help.
I have a video I am doing. I will mention you if you like. The others who got stuck with a bad screen and a lack of solder skills will surely comment.

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #855 of 3,520
Whaaaat? :) I'd rather spend that money on this DAP :)
Hello Unknownguardian. I see it has bee quite a while for this dead thread BUT I have a question for you and I suspect you might be able to answer it. This has nothing to do with the Lotoo device but I figure this thread is so dead, nobody will care. Anyhow, I noticed in the section where you list all of your toys (past and present) you have the two DAPs I am considering for, well my third DAP. You have the DX200 and the SE100 and those are the finalists (I think). I like that the SE100 has the 9038Pro DAC and it is new so good support for Aptx HD, perhap LDAC, BT, wifi AC and things like that and now I can use my Amazon Music along with Tidal. I listen to mostly classic rock and hard rock but at times I listen to other stuff ranging from Mozart to Scot Joplin to Metallica and Judas Priestl, sometimes electronic, jazz, country and I just love flipping on some Fats Domino to put me in a good mood! If you are down, listen to Margie by Fats Domino, it's a mood correcting song for me. Basically with the new equipment, I listen to and am always on the prowl for whatever sounds really good. My goto setup now is A&K Kann and iFi iDSD Micro Black and my new HD800(S) cans. It's tremendous but I think i need to try a tube amp and I am zeroing in on the Woo WA7 or WA6SE. I want very good presence in the low end. I like my base to hit when my music calls for it. The bass on these HD800S's is absolutely awesome if its a high quality recording and assuming I have the right sources driving it and my rig does it pretty well but I suspect I can get a little more out of these 800S's. So.... iBasso DX200 or Astell & Kern (A&futura) SE100, which is the better unit in your opinion. I will tell you that I am a bit down on AK. I've had 4 of their DAPs. Kann, AK70, AK70 MKll and AK380 with the Kann being easily the best fit for me. I do use the bluetooth and, of course the Wifi frequently and A&K REALLY need to fix their connection issues. Their bluetooth AND their Wifi implementations are very 2nd rate! Always cutting out. Always dropping off, clipping when on tidal or listenting to once of my BT speakers like the Aiwa Exos 9. I've had connectivity issues on all of their players. My internet is 300 up 300 down FIOS and I have to high end Wifi AC routers in my house so my connection is solid. II mostly use tidal and mostly rock music (always on a mission to find cool sounding music of any genre however) and like my low end and I like lots of gain and volume. I like good bass and a bit boomy is fine by me. These 800S's don't particularly do boomy (they're just too damn good) but I have the Senn HD630VB's also and they can do boomy. crap I am rattling on like a nut case here. Hopefully you get this and can help a bit. Thanks! Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back