Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #871 of 3,520
I’m that guy.

Full facts, please:

I was told that while I COULD send my (out of warranty, second hand) PAW Gold in for repair of its fading display, I COULD, instead, save money by installing a new display in accordance with a video they sent.

I consider that an example of exceptionally GOOD customer service.
Differences of opinion make the world a more interesting place.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #872 of 3,520
Differences of opinion make the world a more interesting place.

Blocking all forms of communication with a paid customer of a week old $3895.96 unit and shafting him. Seriously. Blocking? No idea why a D.I.Y solder video was even put into this convo?

Solder? Video?
Jason from A&K : "Hold my Beer"

***kicks customer service azz and slaps Paul from iBasso on the butt like he scored a touchdown (cuz they both customer service Incredible's). looks over and winks at FiiO who is a member of that squad too

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #873 of 3,520
I may have found a glimmer of hope.

I am going to eat $1,000 but it will taste fine. If I get this helping hand I am going to direct folks who follow me (yup, I got an army...some peeps got a soft spot for A-holes :wink: )
I will try and direct every sale done in North America to that guy.

I am going to abort my relentless efforts and apologize to my fellow members and viewers. I felt the burn. Time to cross fingers and hope it gets sorted. Till then...

Look forward to thoughts and impressions. I love the device. That has got lost in all this. It is fantastic

Enjoy

Dec 15, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #874 of 3,520
I may have found a glimmer of hope.

I am going to eat $1,000 but it will taste fine. If I get this helping hand I am going to direct folks who follow me (yup, I got an army...some peeps got a soft spot for A-holes :wink: )
I will try and direct every sale done in North America to that guy.

I am going to abort my relentless efforts and apologize to my fellow members and viewers. I felt the burn. Time to cross fingers and hope it gets sorted. Till then...

Look forward to thoughts and impressions. I love the device. That has got lost in all this. It is fantastic

Enjoy
I’m not sure what you need to apologise for. How does a regular person get satisfaction if they don’t have your army?

Dec 15, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #875 of 3,520
Although I agree .. manufacturers should bend for consumers.
48368960_335524000630753_1682352665666781184_n.jpg
and not vice versa

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #877 of 3,520
I know it sounds crazy, but I think the option of being able to double-tap on LPGT display to wake up the screen is one of its top features :D Now I'm annoyed with other DAPs at my desk when I have to reach for a power button to turn the screen on, instead of just double tapping to wake it up. Just a simple feature which you can enable/disable, but with a huge value. The same way how I love in LPG/LPGT being able to configure volume wheel to be either clockwise or counterclockwise to raise the volume.

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #878 of 3,520
I know it sounds crazy, but I think the option of being able to double-tap on LPGT display to wake up the screen is one of its top features :D Now I'm annoyed with other DAPs at my desk when I have to reach for a power button to turn the screen on, instead of just double tapping to wake it up. Just a simple feature which you can enable/disable, but with a huge value. The same way how I love in LPG/LPGT being able to configure volume wheel to be either clockwise or counterclockwise to raise the volume.
I didn't know what they meant by "double click" until now, even the quick guide didn't mention this. I didn't even bother to look at my Chinese manual. Save me time pressing power button. If only they add DLNA feature and I'll be really happy but I don't think it'll ever happen. I got the SE100 just for the DLNA feature.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #881 of 3,520
Hello, does anyone know if we can get the LPG touch in Europe? I cannot find it on sale here and import is difficult because of customs. Thanks

Are there any distributors in UK? I assume shipping/customs from US will be too much, or did you check with Musicteck already? Just be careful if you decide to order from Asia, since S.Korea, Japan, and mainland China only sells non-English fw versions.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #882 of 3,520
Are there any distributors in UK? I assume shipping/customs from US will be too much, or did you check with Musicteck already? Just be careful if you decide to order from Asia, since S.Korea, Japan, and mainland China only sells non-English fw versions.
I was trying to understand if there is any distributor in Europe, importing from the US will make it extremely expensive as there are high tariffs being imposed on many items nowadays. Thanks

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #883 of 3,520
Hello, does anyone know if we can get the LPG touch in Europe? I cannot find it on sale here and import is difficult because of customs. Thanks
I was thinking to get one myself, but after seeing what a poor quality screen they are using in such expensive music player , I decided to take a closer look to Hiby R6 Pro.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #885 of 3,520
If you really want to drop 3k+ on a player without a doubt go with the cayin n8, it’s amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back