Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1,411 of 1,457
does newest firmware fix the bluetooth pairing issue?
Late response. The answer is no, not for me at least. I’ve gotten devices to recognize it but I can’t get the Bluetooth to work. No streaming, no Bluetooth but it does sound great. Enjoying Mest Mkii with my Paw tonight.

Attachments

• A84F57C3-E726-4FDE-91B5-0383A6663CC1.jpeg
    A84F57C3-E726-4FDE-91B5-0383A6663CC1.jpeg
    641 KB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,413 of 1,457
Hi friends, my LP6K's battery is dying.
I saw the video by @Dobrescu George where he mentions that it's easy to replace the battery. (about 04:30 in the video).
Has anyone tried it here at the forum?
Does anyone know where to buy the replacement battery?
Thanks in advance!
One little screwdriver, some heat blower, and get a replacement either from lotoo or from aliexpress , check number and code :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #1,414 of 1,457
One little screwdriver, some heat blower, and get a replacement either from lotoo or from aliexpress , check number and code :)
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Can you tell us the gauge/size of the screwdriver you used to unscrew it?
I've tried this Torx T5 size, but it "feels" too large for the LP6K screw, and I don't want to damage the screw's head.
tool.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,415 of 1,457
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Can you tell us the gauge/size of the screwdriver you used to unscrew it?
I've tried this Torx T5 size, but it "feels" too large for the LP6K screw, and I don't want to damage the screw's head.
tool.jpg

Uhhh, I have a set for smartphones, I have them mixed up and it isn't written which one is which, so I am not entirely sure, but what I do is grab a smartphone fix kit, and go up and down until I find the correct size.

As a rule of thumb, the head of the screwdriver should be a bit larger, and not a bit smaller. If it is a bit smaller, it breaks the screw, if it is a bit larger, it offers a good support. The screws are not super tight, so the whole process should not require too much force

It would be best to mail the company if unsure, or message on FB, they are quite helpful , should be able to help with a battery too!

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #1,416 of 1,457
Uhhh, I have a set for smartphones, I have them mixed up and it isn't written which one is which, so I am not entirely sure, but what I do is grab a smartphone fix kit, and go up and down until I find the correct size.

As a rule of thumb, the head of the screwdriver should be a bit larger, and not a bit smaller. If it is a bit smaller, it breaks the screw, if it is a bit larger, it offers a good support. The screws are not super tight, so the whole process should not require too much force

It would be best to mail the company if unsure, or message on FB, they are quite helpful , should be able to help with a battery too!
Thank you @Dobrescu George

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,417 of 1,457
Late response. The answer is no, not for me at least. I’ve gotten devices to recognize it but I can’t get the Bluetooth to work. No streaming, no Bluetooth but it does sound great. Enjoying Mest Mkii with my Paw tonight.
Corrected response: I've gotten my PAW6000 to work as a bluetooth DAC with my iPhone. I've been streaming Qobuz through it. It is a nice capability when needed and works fairly well.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,418 of 1,457
Problem on my PAW 6K: Three weeks after updating my unit's firmware into version 1.2.1.11:

a) It freezes in mid-playing.
b) It freezes while going through the settings menus (not changing the actual settings, just viewing the menus).
c) While browsing the contents of my TF card, it crashes, and the display shows this:

IMG_20230428_144607.jpg

All these symptoms on a 30 minute time span.
(yeah, that unstable!! So very unlike "my-old-trusty-PAW-6K").

I've already carried a Reset (Reset factory settings).

Any ideas? Has anyone gone through this already?

All help appreciated.

Thank you

ps: Battery at 81%
I had this happen this morning. It happened after I changed my usual ca Solaris low gain to Sundara high gain; I got the impression that the 1tb card in combination was too much for the P6K so I swapped it out for a 512 and it’s working well now. Was slightly disturbing. I bought the P6K in May this year and it had been performing well - aside from a pop up message suggesting my sandisk extreme 1tb was too slow when fast scrolling!?!?

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #1,419 of 1,457
L
I had this happen this morning. It happened after I changed my usual ca Solaris low gain to Sundara high gain; I got the impression that the 1tb card in combination was too much for the P6K so I swapped it out for a 512 and it’s working well now. Was slightly disturbing. I bought the P6K in May this year and it had been performing well - aside from a pop up message suggesting my sandisk extreme 1tb was too slow when fast scrolling!?!?

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 3, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #1,422 of 1,457
I've reformated my 1TB card. I have a up to date baclkup on my PC, so it was just the hassle of re-uploading all my music back.
And it's been ok ever since.
Could be caused by some indexing fail/glitch, the LP6K did on the card.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,423 of 1,457
I have updated my f/w today, I created a folder called Upgrade on my 400GB Sandisk micro card and placed the 60mb file in that, all went well :wink:

NB a tip, when you turn on your PAW6000 wait for about 5 mins (if you have a lot of music on the SD card) and turn of Bluetooth (if you have it on), then navigate to the "Version" section and your 1.2.0.11 update should then be there.

Upgrade Requirements

1 The upgrade can only be performed using an SD card and cannot be done through WiFi.
2 Prior to upgrading, please switch off the player's Bluetooth and reboot.
3 It is essential to upgrade to this ver of the f/w first before upgrading to any future versions, it includes critical upgrade components required for all subsequent f/w updates.

Upgrade Release Notes:
1. Enabled personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
2. More options now available for the personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
3. Optimized the Playlist and added the option to sort songs by their ID3 titles.
4. Added a "My Favorites" list to the Playback interface and Playlist.
5. The Settings list has been improved for easier navigation.
6. Improved specific animation effects and user interface design features.
7. Optimized the WMA/FLAC decoders for improved compatibility.
8. Fixed an issue that resulted in system crashes when switching to USB DAC mode after playing DSD files with hardware decoding.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,424 of 1,457
Exactly this happened to me just now! What a coincidence. It continues to happen with the 1TB card. What should I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back