Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Mar 13, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #1,381 of 1,457
Is it the Chinese version?
The official languages in Hong Kong are both Chinese and English so I assume it's the same bi-langual device as sold in Singapore. I specifically asked for the English version but perhaps they send a bi-langual version, I can't tell. It always pays to double-check which version they would send out.

drftr

Mar 13, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #1,382 of 1,457
The Hong Kong version allows for either traditional Chinese or English, as confirmed with my own device
D2C00C8E-5240-4544-9D43-0A0F77541748.jpeg

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #1,383 of 1,457
Since I'm going to update my ~6k album library through the script I mentioned earlier on I have quick question about album art:

What does P6k show if there is none? Hopefully just black nothingness instead of a bright white background or so? Because if it's anything but the first then I'd want the script to add a fake black album cover for those albums. But since this make scripting more difficult I'd rather go without.

Tnx...

drftr

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1,384 of 1,457
Since I'm going to update my ~6k album library through the script I mentioned earlier on I have quick question about album art:

What does P6k show if there is none? Hopefully just black nothingness instead of a bright white background or so? Because if it's anything but the first then I'd want the script to add a fake black album cover for those albums. But since this make scripting more difficult I'd rather go without.

Tnx...

drftr
You can right or left swipe, to display different things while an album is playing, the meter is a fun one if you have no art. What ever display you chose will stay active until you change it. Even when you chose a different album, switching albums in a playlist, or playing different albums in random.

If you do get one of these the UI is very intuitive to me, so do not sweat that, you are in for some fun discoveries.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,385 of 1,457
You can right or left swipe, to display different things while an album is playing, the meter is a fun one if you have no art. What ever display you chose will stay active until you change it. Even when you chose a different album, switching albums in a playlist, or playing different albums in random.

If you do get one of these the UI is very intuitive to me, so do not sweat that, you are in for some fun discoveries.
I never had any album art for any of my albums, which is from back in the days where it took up too much space having a 20MB or so player! So now when I'm playing I still see something like this and I'd love to keep it this simple. You can't "see" music anyway.

Screenshot_20230316-100640_Poweramp.jpg

drftr

Mar 15, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #1,386 of 1,457
I know you can connect P6k to a pc and manage the files on the SDcard inside P6k from that pc, but does anyone know if I could do the same when connecting the DAP to an Android phone? That would be truly fantastic if possible!

drftr

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #1,387 of 1,457
I never had any album art for any of my albums, which is from back in the days where it took up too much space having a 20MB or so player! So now when I'm playing I still see something like this and I'd love to keep it this simple. You can't "see" music anyway.

drftr
Mine is set to go to timeout to a blank screen pretty quick, then two taps to get back. I also don’t use album art and for the screen that would show album art it’s black with the lotoo bird-like logo in grey.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,389 of 1,457
Just did the update. It can't be done OTA. After it was done, it never restarted, so I force quit by holding down the power button.

Here's the change log:
1. Enabled personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
2. More options now available for the personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
3. Optimized the Playlist and added the option to sort songs by their ID3 titles.
4. Added a "My Favorites" list to the Playback interface and Playlist.
5. The Settings list has been improved for easier navigation.
6. Improved specific animation effects and user interface design features.
7. Optimized the WMA/FLAC decoders for improved compatibility.
8. Fixed an issue that resulted in system crashes when switching to USB DAC mode after playing DSD files with hardware decoding.

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #1,390 of 1,457
Also ran the 1.2.0.11 update
for anyone wondering how to run the upgrade as it appears this is a full version change and the base from where all future upgrades can be done from, or more importantly all future upgrades cannot be done without this update installed, SD Card or Over The Air (OTA)
In the read me is specifically states that this update cannot be done over the air, it must be done from the SD Card. The Manual online does show at the end how to upgrade, but basically on your SD Card make sure there is a folder named "Upgrade"
Place the COE file form the download into this folder and make sure Blutooth is turned off, navigate to the "Version" section and your update should be offered there.
Please do read the manual and don't just take my info above to do your upgrade.
UI Looks different and just as RWELLES stated above, I to go a screen stating restarting (that slowlt faded to a blank screen) but it did not restaert.
Holding the power button to force a shutdown and repowering up completed the update.

Hope this helps anyone doing the update

I still use my PAW6000 for some testing and at my bedside, but I've moved to a different DAP for my daily driver but so far can't part with the PAW6K as it is still a great sounding DAP and still fun to use.

Apr 4, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,392 of 1,457
In my IT career I have learned that "If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it". I had 1.2.0.10 out of the box and will most likely permanently leave it at that :)

drftr
bold statement i think. There are some companies caring and supporting the products to give them a longer lifetime. I am trying to choose also the products which will be supported with the upgrades. Lottos software was already very fast and responsice but after FW upgrade it is even better. No signs of change in SQ recently, but will observe it

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,393 of 1,457
bold statement i think. There are some companies caring and supporting the products to give them a longer lifetime. I am trying to choose also the products which will be supported with the upgrades. Lottos software was already very fast and responsice but after FW upgrade it is even better. No signs of change in SQ recently, but will observe it
Don't get me wrong: I totally appreciate what they're doing. It's just that for myself I only need the browse function, the start button, the volume wheel, and that's it. So whatever they do with the rest is lost upon me, and I'll change my mind once it can cut bread.

I've gone from bad to worse with unneeded pc and phone updates that I didn't really need, and added insult to injury trying to downgrade again. Let's just say I've learned my lesson the hard way :wink:

drftr

Apr 5, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #1,394 of 1,457
Don't get me wrong: I totally appreciate what they're doing. It's just that for myself I only need the browse function, the start button, the volume wheel, and that's it. So whatever they do with the rest is lost upon me, and I'll change my mind once it can cut bread.

I've gone from bad to worse with unneeded pc and phone updates that I didn't really need, and added insult to injury trying to downgrade again. Let's just say I've learned my lesson the hard way :wink:

drftr
I know what you mean. Thery is a plenty of examples where the FW Updates screw someting up. There is always a possibillity to wait untill other users will give a feedback and than make it. The safest way i think. Greetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back