Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Apr 28, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,397 of 1,457
Problem on my PAW 6K: Three weeks after updating my unit's firmware into version 1.2.1.11:

a) It freezes in mid-playing.
b) It freezes while going through the settings menus (not changing the actual settings, just viewing the menus).
c) While browsing the contents of my TF card, it crashes, and the display shows this:

IMG_20230428_144607.jpg

All these symptoms on a 30 minute time span.
(yeah, that unstable!! So very unlike "my-old-trusty-PAW-6K").

I've already carried a Reset (Reset factory settings).

Any ideas? Has anyone gone through this already?

All help appreciated.

Thank you

ps: Battery at 81%

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #1,400 of 1,457
Thanks @jcdreamer
Did that also. Afterwards had a listening session for about 50 minutes straight, off a nested folder (play all option on the PAW6K). No errors for now.
Didn't try browsing the TF card, or "fast" navigating through the menus. Let's hope for the best...

What micro SD card are you using?

Please be advised, Lotoo has FAQ section where they acknowledged this problem due to corrupted sectors of microSD card (the debug screen you pictured above): http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/FAQ/ under Q3, and recommend periodic reformatting of the card, or just formatting it using the suggested util. Also, they don't recommend using Lexar cards.

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #1,401 of 1,457
What micro SD card are you using?

Please be advised, Lotoo has FAQ section where they acknowledged this problem due to corrupted sectors of microSD card (the debug screen you pictured above): http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/FAQ/ under Q3, and recommend periodic reformatting of the card, or just formatting it using the suggested util. Also, they don't recommend using Lexar cards.
Thanks @twister6,
Mine's a Sandisk card. Should be good.
I'll look into the FAQs page.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #1,402 of 1,457
Also ran the 1.2.0.11 update
for anyone wondering how to run the upgrade as it appears this is a full version change and the base from where all future upgrades can be done from, or more importantly all future upgrades cannot be done without this update installed, SD Card or Over The Air (OTA)
In the read me is specifically states that this update cannot be done over the air, it must be done from the SD Card. The Manual online does show at the end how to upgrade, but basically on your SD Card make sure there is a folder named "Upgrade"
Place the COE file form the download into this folder and make sure Blutooth is turned off, navigate to the "Version" section and your update should be offered there.
Please do read the manual and don't just take my info above to do your upgrade.
UI Looks different and just as RWELLES stated above, I to go a screen stating restarting (that slowlt faded to a blank screen) but it did not restaert.
Holding the power button to force a shutdown and repowering up completed the update.

Hope this helps anyone doing the update

I still use my PAW6000 for some testing and at my bedside, but I've moved to a different DAP for my daily driver but so far can't part with the PAW6K as it is still a great sounding DAP and still fun to use.
Much thanks - couldn't figure it out until reading your post.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #1,404 of 1,457
mfgillia

Glad my info helped!
We have to help each other out in this hobby!
Very true! Also agree with your sentiments regarding this little DAP sounding great and fun to use despite its age. Out of curiosity what's the main DAP you're using these days?

Apr 29, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #1,405 of 1,457
Very true! Also agree with your sentiments regarding this little DAP sounding great and fun to use despite its age. Out of curiosity what's the main DAP you're using these days?
Thanks for asking
The P6K was my daily driver and has made numerous cross country and a cross pacific trip, but at home I often had it connected to a Cayin C9, using the Variable Pre-Out to the "Pre-in" of the C9 and it was great using the "Tubes/Class A" mode of the C9
But I found I was missing that "Tube" sound when traveling and moved to a Cayin N8ii for the Balanced Nu-Tube implementation it had.
Solid State, while good I seemed to enjoy the Lotoo, so hence it has stayed in my arsenal of HW
Recently have been testing out a Cayin N7 with its 1-bit DAC implementation and finally found a Solid State source I like better than the P6K, but using the N7 still find myself going back to the N8ii. The N7 through the C9 amp though is almost magical in sound. Still doing some testing and rserving final judgment for a later time.
But its still hard to part with the P6K for its sound and size.
Still not ready to part with it.
Hope this helps

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,406 of 1,457
Problem on my PAW 6K: Three weeks after updating my unit's firmware into version 1.2.1.11:

a) It freezes in mid-playing.
b) It freezes while going through the settings menus (not changing the actual settings, just viewing the menus).
c) While browsing the contents of my TF card, it crashes, and the display shows this:

IMG_20230428_144607.jpg

All these symptoms on a 30 minute time span.
(yeah, that unstable!! So very unlike "my-old-trusty-PAW-6K").

I've already carried a Reset (Reset factory settings).

Any ideas? Has anyone gone through this already?

All help appreciated.

Thank you

ps: Battery at 81%
Did you ensure all of your card’s files were recognized before you started playing? This happened to me not Update related but after adding files to my card. I think it chokes on both playing and reading the new card. After waiting till all files were first recognized cleared this similar looking issue/screen for me. Good luck.

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #1,407 of 1,457
Thanks for asking
The P6K was my daily driver and has made numerous cross country and a cross pacific trip, but at home I often had it connected to a Cayin C9, using the Variable Pre-Out to the "Pre-in" of the C9 and it was great using the "Tubes/Class A" mode of the C9
But I found I was missing that "Tube" sound when traveling and moved to a Cayin N8ii for the Balanced Nu-Tube implementation it had.
Solid State, while good I seemed to enjoy the Lotoo, so hence it has stayed in my arsenal of HW
Recently have been testing out a Cayin N7 with its 1-bit DAC implementation and finally found a Solid State source I like better than the P6K, but using the N7 still find myself going back to the N8ii. The N7 through the C9 amp though is almost magical in sound. Still doing some testing and rserving final judgment for a later time.
But its still hard to part with the P6K for its sound and size.
Still not ready to part with it.
Hope this helps
Thanks - very helpful. I have also been looking at the N7 and N8ii in addition to the Hiby RS8. Want something like my Fiio M17 that can drive both headphones and IEMs and has Android / streaming apps but more portable.

May 15, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #1,408 of 1,457
Hello

I usually use the Topping NX7 with Paw 6K; it certainly improves the Paw power to drive my Sennheiser HD 660s. But, recently I’ve connected my old Fiio M9 to NX7 and, funnily enough, the sound of 660s was much better! I mean I felt more power: louder sound and wider soundstage!! I used fixed line out with both daps! I tried unfixed line out with maximum volume on Paw 6K but still the M9 combination is better. Why is that? The Fiio M9 is cheaper and weaker than Paw 6K!

May 16, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #1,409 of 1,457
Hello

I usually use the Topping NX7 with Paw 6K; it certainly improves the Paw power to drive my Sennheiser HD 660s. But, recently I’ve connected my old Fiio M9 to NX7 and, funnily enough, the sound of 660s was much better! I mean I felt more power: louder sound and wider soundstage!! I used fixed line out with both daps! I tried unfixed line out with maximum volume on Paw 6K but still the M9 combination is better. Why is that? The Fiio M9 is cheaper and weaker than Paw 6K!
It's from a long memory but I think it could be due to M9 had more bass (quantity than quality) than P6K. And 660s could benefit from a little bass boost IMO.
I use NX7 with PM2 and RS6, I prefer PM2 over RS6 with some of my headphones just because PM2 has more bass body than RS6.

May 19, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,410 of 1,457
does newest firmware fix the bluetooth pairing issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back