Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #1,441 of 1,457
There is no Android mode on Lotoo Daps. You cannot stream on LP6K. You will have to play music through sd card.

Thanks, I don't want to listen to streaming music but send the scrobbling to lastfm of the music I listen to on the sd card. Then I must understand that the Lotoo PAW6000 doesn't have that possibility because it doesn't have internet connection or that option in the configuration. Correct?

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #1,442 of 1,457
Hi. I am considering buying a used Lotoo PAW6000. I have read that it has two operating systems, one Android and one developed by Lotoo, very fast, but no internet connection and very spartan. I would like to know if it is possible to scrobbling to lastfm in that pure DAP mode. Thanks in advance.
Thank God it has no Android.
Just a simple pure player Linux derived Interface, snappy and clean even with 1TB memories

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #1,443 of 1,457
Thanks, I don't want to listen to streaming music but send the scrobbling to lastfm of the music I listen to on the sd card. Then I must understand that the Lotoo PAW6000 doesn't have that possibility because it doesn't have internet connection or that option in the configuration. Correct?
It has a wifi connection just for software update. Nothing beyond that. Pure local file based player. Simple and the Best in what it does.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #1,445 of 1,457
But you can stream on your phone and then use the DAP as a DAC I suppose?

drftr
Ohh, yes. That can be done. Via USB-C input or Bluetooth.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #1,446 of 1,457
Hi. I am considering buying a used Lotoo PAW6000. I have read that it has two operating systems, one Android and one developed by Lotoo, very fast, but no internet connection and very spartan. I would like to know if it is possible to scrobbling to lastfm in that pure DAP mode. Thanks in advance.
you can stream via bt ldac from phone to lp6k

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #1,447 of 1,457
you can stream via bt ldac from phone to lp6k

Thank you very much all. Another question. The Lotoo PAW6000 can be mounted on macOS as an external drive without problems to add music to the sd card for example from JRiver, or do I have to remove the card and insert it into the Mac slot as is done on Android DAPs'?

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #1,448 of 1,457
Thank you very much all. Another question. The Lotoo PAW6000 can be mounted on macOS as an external drive without problems to add music to the sd card for example from JRiver, or do I have to remove the card and insert it into the Mac slot as is done on Android DAPs'?
Easiest is to connect with a cable, after which the DAP shows up as a drive on your computer.

drftr

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #1,449 of 1,457
Easiest is to connect with a cable, after which the DAP shows up as a drive on your computer.

drftr

Thank you. Have you tried it on a Mac computer or have you used a PC?

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #1,451 of 1,457
I'm using a PC myself. Not sure how the drive in the PAW6k is formatted so you may have to wait for other members here to reach out.

drftr

Yes, on Mac the behavior of DAPS is quite different and mounting and detecting drives does not have the same ease as on PC. That's why I asked the very specific question about the Mac experience. I will wait to see what other members say. Thanks.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #1,452 of 1,457
Yes, on Mac the behavior of DAPS is quite different and mounting and detecting drives does not have the same ease as on PC. That's why I asked the very specific question about the Mac experience. I will wait to see what other members say. Thanks.

Related to this, Lotoo has a very specific way to "tag" music files. They dont use traditional embedded tags like other players do. There's several guides on this thread on it, and I also posted how to do it via mp3tag software on my review of the dap. (This is true, unless Lotoo has updated their use of tags in a later firmware update)

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #1,453 of 1,457
Related to this, Lotoo has a very specific way to "tag" music files. They dont use traditional embedded tags like other players do. There's several guides on this thread on it, and I also posted how to do it via mp3tag software on my review of the dap. (This is true, unless Lotoo has updated their use of tags in a later firmware update)

I'm not talking about file tags. I am referring to mounting the DAP drive by cable on a Mac. Only a Mac user can be of help in this case. Thank you.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #1,454 of 1,457
Feb 12, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #1,455 of 1,457
I know you're not, but just letting you know when you get a Lotoo DAP and wonder why it doesnt read your files correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back