Luxury & Precision Announced The Newest P-Series Flagship P6Pro Ti99!!!
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #33 of 55
This is crazy...5K for DAP :D Even the AK SP3000 looks cheap compared to this
Yes but do you know that this unit is over subscribed double. I heard that someone here ordered it and cancelled. Here they have to pay full price before receiving. I would have bought it and probably can flip it anywhere in Asia for a few grands more. Some of my friends can't even get it and they would have bought it from grey markets.

Nov 3, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 55
I thought about getting one but as I recall P6Pro sounded much inferior to LP6 Ti AE (having both for almost a year), so I was rather hesitant. Oh well. it's already gone so it's a mute point but I love the size/weight of P6. So-called high-end portable players are getting way too big for my taste these days. I would be extremely interested in hearing honest impression from the owners. I would not want to miss LP7 Ti if they decide to release one.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #35 of 55
I thought about getting one but as I recall P6Pro sounded much inferior to LP6 Ti AE (having both for almost a year), so I was rather hesitant. Oh well. it's already gone so it's a mute point but I love the size/weight of P6. So-called high-end portable players are getting way too big for my taste these days. I would be extremely interested in hearing honest impression from the owners. I would not want to miss LP7 Ti if they decide to release one.
I would never call the P6 Pro inferior to the LP6.

They’re different implementations of the same technologies, therefore different presentations.

LP6 is based on R2R chips, while P6 Pro has an actual resistor array.
I owned both as well for a while, and they are both worth having in my opinion.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #36 of 55
I would never call the P6 Pro inferior to the LP6.

They’re different implementations of the same technologies, therefore different presentations.

LP6 is based on R2R chips, while P6 Pro has an actual resistor array.
I owned both as well for a while, and they are both worth having in my opinion.
Well, you may be right when you compare p6 with lp6 but I found lp6 TI AE to be completely different beast. I also bought lp6 when I had p6 and returned it because it didn't overwhelm me. Of course, this is all based on my personal sound preference.

Nov 7, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #37 of 55
IMG_5574.jpeg

IMG_5571.jpeg

Finally got it. Update later on the sound. First impressions are both great in their own ways. N30LE has a wider sound stage. The Ti99 SQ has improved SQ and background cleaner than before. It’s great I can take the Ti99 on
my travel. So compact and light. The titanium is matt finish which I like and matching with the style of the case.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #39 of 55
After about a week of exclusive usage I found dynamic, life-like signal I am feeling though my ears quite satisfying. It gets better with more runtime so I have no regret getting it. Nevertheless, I wish LP would come out with a firmware to make the device more stable. Occasional crash while skipping tracks with high numbers of files loaded under 1tb sd card is a little annoying. Kinda ruins the mood having to reset the device.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #40 of 55
After about a week of exclusive usage I found dynamic, life-like signal I am feeling though my ears quite satisfying. It gets better with more runtime so I have no regret getting it. Nevertheless, I wish LP would come out with a firmware to make the device more stable. Occasional crash while skipping tracks with high numbers of files loaded under 1tb sd card is a little annoying. Kinda ruins the mood having to reset the device.
I have never had it reset on me, the Ti99 or regular.
Have you formatted the card in the device? What kind of card is it? I found the Ti99 a bit pickier about cards as opposed to the regular P6Pro. It wouldn’t be able to play dsd files off of a 512 Sandisk Ultra but the same files would play ok on a Sandisk Extreme. The Ultra would work just fine on the regular P6Pro.
Firmware is at 1.0.0.0 so I assume we’ll get some tweaks in the future.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #41 of 55
Have you formatted the card in the device? What kind of card is it? I found the Ti99 a bit pickier about cards as opposed to the regular P6Pro. It wouldn’t be able to play dsd files off of a 512 Sandisk Ultra but the same files would play ok on a Sandisk Extreme. The Ultra would work just fine on the regular P6Pro.
True, I am using the 1TB Sandisk extreme and no problems. It is a fast reading card. Also make sure all the music files you put on there a readable. If it comes across a file that it thinks is corrupted it will crash out. I highly recommend the SAN Disk Extreme Pro now since the price has come down and it can give 190/200 MB per second on reading. You need something fast like this to keep up with the unit.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #42 of 55

It's a sandisk extreme. I have the extreme pro 1tb on other player which I may want to give it a try but most likely will yield the same result.
LP advertised 1tb being supported so they should stand behind it. I had a similar issue on p6 pro before so I had to downgrade/re-encode all my flacs to 16/44khz to fit them under 512gb, but I really don't want to do it this time. Beside 24/96khz now seems to respond to EQ preset. AE even had the custom EQ which I surely miss.

Obviously, there was some improvement with 1tb since last reported, but now the issue appears to be more apparent while skipping tracks in succession. MY main usage for these dap would be to load larges number of flacs {9000 files<) to play in shuffle mode during the workout. I just put my hands inside the pants to skip the next songs I want like portable juke box. If the system cannot search/load the next track fast enough onto play queue in real time, perhaps subsequent 2nd and 3rd query when requested gets stuck on the buffer which in turn causes buffer overflow leading crash. Case1: screen freezes for 5 min but comes back have eventually Case-2: screen goes black require reset.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #43 of 55
True, I am using the 1TB Sandisk extreme and no problems. It is a fast reading card. Also make sure all the music files you put on there a readable. If it comes across a file that it thinks is corrupted it will crash out. I highly recommend the SAN Disk Extreme Pro now since the price has come down and it can give 190/200 MB per second on reading. You need something fast like this to keep up with the unit.

I am about to test out extreme pro later today but let me ask you how many folders and files under your 1tb sd card? Do you ever press skip button to go to next song after hearing first few seconds to locate another song to play. Please Don't call me pyscho :) I tend to skip the songs a lot. between 5 ~ 10 time until I settle..

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #44 of 55
I am about to test out extreme pro later today but let me ask you how many folders and files under your 1tb sd card? Do you ever press skip button to go to next song after hearing first few seconds to locate another song to play. Please Don't call me pyscho :) I tend to skip the songs a lot. between 3 ~ 5 time be I settle..
I have about the whole card full at 950 GB with 64 pages of folders as shown below. I have tried flicking through 5-6 songs back and forth no problem. Actually I am using just extreme on this without any problems. My extreme pro is on the N30LE. Previously I found if the files have problem they would skip and hang the app. I just delete the files and it’s ok.
IMG_1104.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #45 of 55
Just to note crash usually happens while skipping the tracks multiple times under All Music mode. I didn't find much issie playing under particular directory so could be an issue with retrieving file index at random.
In any event. I see some improvement using extreme pro disk. Only crashed once after switching.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back