Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 22, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #286 of 1,457
Other annoyance on the LP6K... doesn't support special characters in WiFi password which my network uses... had to change the password to update the firmware... the keyboard does feature said characters but doesn't allow them... :unamused: (by the way Lotoo OS does look like a customized android... the keyboard furiously looks like swiftkey...)

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #287 of 1,457
Other annoyance on the LP6K... doesn't support special characters in WiFi password which my network uses... had to change the password to update the firmware... the keyboard does feature said characters but doesn't allow them... :unamused: (by the way Lotoo OS does look like a customized android... the keyboard furiously looks like swiftkey...)
fantastic.jpg

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #288 of 1,457
For a person who likes a touch warmer signature (not FiiO x5iii level warm), which suits better N6ii or LP6K?

I don't like neutral stuff that much, I find it boring. Although the 6000 doesn't add much coloration it's not sterile sounding or thin sounding. And most importantly to my ears it's sounds natural not digital. I think the bass is better defined and extended on paw also. It has more air than n6ii and n6ii can sound fuller on certain tracks because of the extra coloration and more thicker sound.

I guess what I'm long windedly saying is the paw :dog2::bear: :wolf: doesn't sound analytical.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #290 of 1,457

Why not set up a guest wi-fi just for the Lotoo if you don't already have guest Wi-Fi setup? Then you can keep your main Wi-Fi password.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #291 of 1,457
Why not set up a guest wi-fi just for the Lotoo if you don't already have guest Wi-Fi setup? Then you can keep your main Wi-Fi password.
55c0ed354e261.jpeg

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #292 of 1,457

Yeah there are workarounds it just doesn't make sense to implement this that way, no sense at all (what justification could there be?) and it's a design flaw...
Anyway, it's just for firmware update so I am nitpicking but... maybe it's my dev background...

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #293 of 1,457
Yeah there are workarounds it just doesn't make sense to implement this that way, no sense at all (what justification could there be?) and it's a design flaw...
Anyway, it's just for firmware update so I am nitpicking but... maybe it's my dev background...

They don't like special characters in China? I mean they skip numbers and stuff all the time because of bad luck.

I'm kind of joking.. :)

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #294 of 1,457

Yeah but that’s crazy haha. I mean it’s easily set up, but...They need to just support the characters...what if you’re accessing a managed network that you can’t change the pw to?

also, I didn’t realize this DAP had WiFi. I actually thought it didn’t have WiFi. Hm

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #297 of 1,457
Glad you guys are enjoying you Paw 6000. is anyone able to compare it to the WM1A please? I've been thinking of trying something new to go with my VE8 and Iliad. At the moment it's a toss up between Gold Touch, Paw 6000 and M15.

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #298 of 1,457
Glad you guys are enjoying you Paw 6000. is anyone able to compare it to the WM1A please? I've been thinking of trying something new to go with my VE8 and Iliad. At the moment it's a toss up between Gold Touch, Paw 6000 and M15.

Can't speak to the comparison to WM1A as it's been too long a time when I had it...

But beware of the M15, as I pointed out output impedance is an issue that might explain reports of a bassy and warm DAP depending of what IEM or headphones you pair it with...

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #300 of 1,457
IMO this thing is either a bit too bright/trebly for me, there’s something almost grating about the way the high end is reproduced that I don’t quite like.

Edit: it feels solidly made (though I like the N6ii better), and has a super quick UI.

However, the lack of useful WiFi functions (despite having WiFi capabilities), and at this price range, just doesn’t add up for me.

I need to give it another couple of listens though. And everyone is different.
For the price I don’t know what this is supposed to accomplish vs. the Cayin N6ii. Let’s see some specs...on screen...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back