Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 21, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #271 of 1,457
Haha, no idea mate hence the crazy amount of daps i have / had. One of the Cowons is always in circulation, as is the Shanling M6, PAW5Kii, echobox, the M11ProSS will get more airing when a case arrives.

Maybe also Hiby R8?
You said Cowon, but wich model? R2, Plenue L, Plenue 2 mk2?

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #272 of 1,457
At last!

My PAW6000 arrived and I love it... impressions coming.
BT DAC works fine btw.

Image d’iOS (123).jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #273 of 1,457
At last!

My PAW6000 arrived and I love it... impressions coming.
BT DAC works fine btw.

I haven't tried the BT DAC yet, I want to though. I can't find any OTG usb to usb C cables atm- to try out USB DAC , and I was sure I had a couple lying around. My mutts might have wrecked them though idk.

Just tried BT DAC and it worked flawlessly. It actually sounded damn good, I watched Rush 'Working Man' live time machine tour on YouTube then listened to some Amazon music hd I'm actually listening as I type :)

I don't think it's ldac yet? But it still sounds really good going through the amp and dac of paw6000. Btw the recent firmware got rid of the slight amp pops of it turning off, and adjusted the sensitivity of the scroll bar, good stuff.

Love this thing.

Also, maybe I'm just tripping but since the firmware upgrade the sound seems a bit smoother and richer? Although that may just be me adjusting:wink:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #274 of 1,457
So after a few hours with it pretty pleased by the LP6K.

Things that stand out :
  • black background, this is one clean DAP with a black background for sure, noise floor is so low!
  • soundstage is very good and imaging is great
  • overall the LP6K is fuller bodied than I expected, which is great (for me)
  • resolution is really very good, although clearly LPGT is quite on another plane here
  • fast, everybody says this but it's sooooo fast it's a life changer :)
Stuff that bother/annoy me a bit :
  • I miss a medium gain option
  • When album list tracks, they use filename instead of the track title... not sure if I can change this... this is not the case on the track screen
  • There seems to be no handling of the genre tag, I like this on the N6ii.... need to create playlist but find this handy for quick sorting

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #275 of 1,457
Lol I didn't even notice there was no genre tag. It's not something I ever use and I didn't notice. But that's kind of weird not to have it.

Oh, and on the internals pics from nayparm I noticed no blackfin but I did notice 2 processors- a freescale imx6ull and an ingenics x1000.

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #276 of 1,457
So after a few hours with it pretty pleased by the LP6K.

Things that stand out :
  • black background, this is one clean DAP with a black background for sure, noise floor is so low!
  • soundstage is very good and imaging is great
  • overall the LP6K is fuller bodied than I expected, which is great (for me)
  • resolution is really very good, although clearly LPGT is quite on another plane here
  • fast, everybody says this but it's sooooo fast it's a life changer :)
Stuff that bother/annoy me a bit :
  • I miss a medium gain option
  • When album list tracks, they use filename instead of the track title... not sure if I can change this... this is not the case on the track screen
  • There seems to be no handling of the genre tag, I like this on the N6ii.... need to create playlist but find this handy for quick sorting
I'm really curious about your thoughts of this guy vs. the N6ii!

Specifically: sound signature, build quality comparison, etc.

Edit: Any chance you've heard the Colorfly U6 yet? : )

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #277 of 1,457
Lol I didn't even notice there was no genre tag. It's not something I ever use and I didn't notice. But that's kind of weird not to have it. Oh, and on the internals pics from nayparm I noticed no blackfin but I did notice 2 processors- a freescale imx6ull and an ingenics x1000.

Yeah no blackfin, probably for me the main selling item of the LGPT aside from more headroom... Pretty sure I am ending up buying the LPGT in fact :p

I'm really curious about your thoughts of this guy vs. the N6ii! Specifically: sound signature, build quality comparison, etc. Edit: Any chance you've heard the Colorfly U6 yet? : )

No I haven't tried the Colorfy U6, maybe at CanJam London...

I need to A/B N6ii and LP6K, I only have E01 handy though so... but I'll chip in :)

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #279 of 1,457
recognizing that a few people have sought a comparison of lp6k vs lpgt, i offer one perspective comparing lp6k vs lpgt.

after letting lp6k burn-in for over 200 hours, i allocated an entire day to compare the two daps.

methodology: i listened to hi-res (24-96) file of led zeppelin's "quarter" over and over. that song has broad range of sounds, details, excellent drums, piano and vocal, upbeat and mellow. later, i also listened to counting crows' "anna begins" (24/192) hi-res file.

first i listened with the monoprice m1060c planars, then the oppo pm-3 and audio technica ath-m50xbl. short answer, if you gonna use big planar cans, you want the lpgt. period. with the at m50, the differences were closer. the lp6k sounded really good with the at. with the lpgt, it the opening bass chords have more weight and body and seem to reverb longer. in general, instruments seem to have longer decay with lpgt. there's some background detail around the 5:30 mark that i always seem to notice on the lpgt, without trying, and on the lp6k, it feels like i must pay attention to hear it. the lpgt has an ease to the sound that the lp6k lacks. one cannot make the lp6k sound like the lpgt. the lpgt's easy, musical, effortless, liquid flow is something one cannot create with the lp6k -no matter how much one eq's the sound. also, if you listen to a lot of classical music and you have high performing listening devices, you want the lpgt.

lpgt vs lp6k is the difference between my music room and the tv room. both rooms have very good sounding systems. with twin 18 inch velodyne dd subs, some people would actually prefer the tv room for sound -and it does sound very good. the music room includes additional accessories -like power conditioners, really pricey cables, bearing based anti-vibration supports for all components including speakers and sub -similar technology used for microscopes, external power supplier for each component with dedicated power lines, etc. all that extra stuff eliminates noise, harshness, haze and leads to more musical experience, which is more noticeable with higher quality media and components.

similarly, i say the higher performing the media, head/earphones and cables, the greater the difference between lp6k and lpgt. if one intends to use either lp6k or lpgt for listening to mp3 files, one's probably better off saving money and purchase less expensive or just use the phone.

given decent media and equipment, music is just more enjoyable on the lpgt. period. i can and do continuously listen to the lpgt for hours and hours without tiring of it. this is how i ultimately evaluate audio. does it make listening to music more enjoyable? lp6k and lpgt are both enjoyable. lpgt is more enjoyable. the higher resolving the source media and output devices, the more the lpgt matters. if even considering, big planar cans or power hungry cans, no question, i recommend the lpgt.

for my purpose, having both is perfect. i use lpgt for sedentary, active listening -like sitting on planes, and i use lp6k for active pursuits -like exercising and riding motorcycles. if i already owned the lp6k, i don't know that i would be motivated to buy the lpgt, especially, for listening to iems. lp6k is an excellent dap and when using iems, the differences become subtle or negligible for some.

below are listening notes about headphones and earphones. i have three ciems from ultimate ears. i don't use daps or ciems at home. at the office i use audioquest dragonfly.

big cans:
planars drivers - definitely get lpgt.
dynamic drivers - lp6k also sounds very good.

ue11 pro (the motorcyle ciem):
lpgt:
- thick sound
- darker sound
- voices may sound more recessed
- too much bass?
- ease to sound: more effortless presentation
lp6k
- wider soundstage?
- brighter sound seemed to help with this pairing
- more enjoyable?
- still a bit peaky at times. piano key strikes can sound sharp

ue7 pro (exercising/working/gym ciems):
lpgt:
- sounds great
- no eq required? maybe more bass
- more body to the vocals at 2:00 mins
- richer sound
lp6k
- brighter sound
- felt like turning volume down
- would eq down the brightness

ue live (travel and focused listening):
lpgt:
- fabulous
- best separation of instruments
- excellent match with lpgt
- hear more detail -finer micro dynamics,
- no desire to eq
- bass chord have more separation and resolution
- fuller sound
lp6k
- less bass energy in opening bass chords
- also sounds damn good
- peaky sound -certain vocal sections and piano strikes sound sharp
- closing piano sound duller -not as prominent, more recessed

i conducted a final comparison with counting crows "anna begins" (24/192) hi-res file with ue live and ue 11 pro. i love this song and the recording is superlative.
lpgt:
- perfect!
- it just sings
- music is just more enjoyable
lp6k
- pretty perfect too. i'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.
- again, peaky sound. sharper sound that motivates me to turn volume down vs lpgt, which invites me to play louder. on this track, i played lp6k at 90 and lpgt at 96. this is similar to my tv room vs music room. i can play this track at max volume in the music room, which at 1500 watts across two channels plus 1250w for the sub, is really loud. in the tv room, with a total continuous output of 1400 watts plus 2500w across two subs, it starts sounding too harsh well before max volume.

after sleeping overnight, i decided to conduct one more test with fresh rested ears. i listened to the counting crows "anna begins" (24/192) hi-res file with ue live. since the ue live offers the highest performance of the ciems that i have, i chose it for this once more test.
impressions:
lpgt ( vol at 68) :
- evokes emotion -love, joy. it's an emotional experience
- musical, ease, liquid
- it just sings
- nothing harsh
- beautiful liquid detailed backgrounds
lp6k (vol at 70)
- less detail
- more effort to hear details. e.g., the guitar chord in the background
- more smearing of details
- less separation of instruments

the little nuanced details make the music experience more enjoyable and, for some, this is worth loads of extra cash. again, one will likely only maximize the benefits of the lpgt with high quality listening components. again, had i initially bought the lp6k, i don't know that i would have felt motivated to buy the lpgt. that said, i feel glad that i have the lpgt and, with my passion for music, it's well worth the price.

background:
by most criteria, i fit the term audiophile. at home, i listen music through speakers. i pretty much have speakers -including subwoofers, in almost every room in the house. i don't use daps at home and very rarely use headphones. for dedicated listening at home, i primarily listen to vinyl and hi-res audio. i listen to music very loud and, so i like lots of power in reserve. i could share my home audio setups, which would provide a glimpse of my full audio geekness. i'm all about the emotion of the musical experience. i buy audio gear that moves me emotionally. e.g., b&w speakers sound terrific and don't move me emotionally like sonus farbers speakers. i prefer transparent uncolored sound. "warmth" in sound seems a technique to potentially address noise and harshness. a well designed audio gear will sound musical and transparent, presenting the artist's intention.

i received the lpgt in aug, 2019 and received the lp6k about two weeks ago in early jan, 2020 -purchased both from musicteck. before, the lpgt, i owned a fiio x7 with high output amp module. it was fine. i liked and i didn't love it. after the x7 died, for the next dap, i did not want an android based device. i wanted something built from the ground up for maximum audio experience. i don't care for streaming music on a dap, though i have used the bluetooth dac on the lpgt and lp6k to stream qobuz from the mobile phone. when, lotoo supports ldac, i'll probably use bt dac more. before the fiio x7, i used toshiba gigabeats running rockbox for many years. i like to find something that i like and keep it for a while. i expect that i'll be using lotoos and ue for a while. i have two fiio x1s, which the lp6k now replaces, for exercise, riding motorcycles and other active pursuits. several times, i've listened to the lpgt with ue live ciem for more than 10 hours non-stop while traveling, and i even listened for 16 hours continuously on a flight to china. i always enjoy the lpgt. it's just music.
How is the PEQ quality and impact of 6K compared to LPGT? Is there any volume drop when engaged?

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #280 of 1,457
How is the PEQ quality and impact of 6K compared to LPGT? Is there any volume drop when engaged?
understanding that peq is one of the key benefits of lotoo devices, i haven't used peq in either device. i enjoy the sound of both that i've felt unmotivated to use peq. i will say that i think about trying peq on the lp6k. on the lpgt, the delivered preset eq options have, thus far, sufficed.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #281 of 1,457
Getting crazy waiting for my PAW6000, over one week and counting... no idea when it will arrive... I should have taken express...
90% of being an Audiophile is the : searching , buying , waiting , selling , repeat.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #282 of 1,457
Awesome! Looking forward to it

So I have done so A/B with N6ii and my findings so far :
  • LP6K is more resolving than N6ii (T01 is probably the closest here), yet it's not as unforgiving as its big brother LPGT (from a quick audition so take this with a grain of salt)
  • LP6K has more bass slam, I'd say it extends further down low and mid bass has more impact (more like A01 but with more control and sub bass is more like T01)
  • LP6K has fuller mids, which was kind of a surprise I didn't expect this, there is more body and overall mids are more forward (more than A01)
  • Soundstage is more holographic LP6K has the edge on height and depth, while the N6ii is wider this is generally true
  • As many have said, it's more neutral and transparent, it's very obvious
    • when cable rolling the character of the cable (so to speak) is much more obvious than any DAP I owned before
    • IEMs signatures are much easier to pick up on as in with other DAPs the signature is similar but less "pure" if that makes any sense things are easier to pick out. Qualities stand out more and faults as well. I get why LP6K and LPGT are praised by reviewers this is going to make my life easier :)
  • On the flipside, treble is more energetic and upper mids have more bite (but all without harshness), not sure if my other DAPs are tamed or if it's the only slight coloration that the LP6K adds.
I'd say LP6K is closer to A01 (bass, fuller mids) than T01 (except for sub bass and treble) or E01, but with much greater transparency and clarity than A01.
Hope it helps!

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #283 of 1,457
So I have done so A/B with N6ii and my findings so far :
  • LP6K is more resolving than N6ii (T01 is probably the closest here), yet it's not as unforgiving as its big brother LPGT (from a quick audition so take this with a grain of salt)
  • LP6K has more bass slam, I'd say it extends further down low and mid bass has more impact (more like A01 but with more control and sub bass is more like T01)
  • LP6K has fuller mids, which was kind of a surprise I didn't expect this, there is more body and overall mids are more forward (more than A01)
  • Soundstage is more holographic LP6K has the edge on height and depth, while the N6ii is wider this is generally true
  • As many have said, it's more neutral and transparent, it's very obvious
    • when cable rolling the character of the cable (so to speak) is much more obvious than any DAP I owned before
    • IEMs signatures are much easier to pick up on as in with other DAPs the signature is similar but less "pure" if that makes any sense things are easier to pick out. Qualities stand out more and faults as well. I get why LP6K and LPGT are praised by reviewers this is going to make my life easier :)
  • On the flipside, treble is more energetic and upper mids have more bite (but all without harshness), not sure if my other DAPs are tamed or if it's the only slight coloration that the LP6K adds.
I'd say LP6K is closer to A01 (bass, fuller mids) than T01 (except for sub bass and treble) or E01, but with much greater transparency and clarity than A01.
Hope it helps!
For a person who likes a touch warmer signature (not FiiO x5iii level warm), which suits better N6ii or LP6K?

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #285 of 1,457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back