Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #317 of 1,457
20 hours was flying from kathmandu to los angeles. no ego. just a response to the circumstance :ksc75smile:
I was joking.
I hate colder sounding gear. I prefer neutral to warm sounding gear.
I read some people really hate LPGT for being too bright and analytical, was hoping LP6K would not sound like that.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #318 of 1,457
I was joking.
I read some people really hate LPGT for being too bright and analytical, was hoping LP6K would not sound like that.
Cowon rules

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #319 of 1,457
I was joking.
from my experience, any description of the lpgt as "bright" or "analytical" is likely due to the listening devices. lpgt is neutral and musical. absolutely non-fatiguing. my three ciems sound distinctly different with the lpgt and they sound as ultimate ears designed each one to sound. lpgt simply gets out of the way and allows me to experience each one as the designer intended. similarly, lpgt presents the music artist's intention -not colder or warmer than the artist intended. i prefer that and that's reason that i only buy the entire work of art versus one track. enjoy.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #320 of 1,457
from my experience, any description of the lpgt as "bright" or "analytical" is likely due to the listening devices. lpgt is neutral and musical. absolutely non-fatiguing. my three ciems sound distinctly different with the lpgt and they sound as ultimate ears designed each one to sound. lpgt simply gets out of the way and allows me to experience each one as the designer intended. similarly, lpgt presents the music artist's intention -not colder or warmer than the artist intended. i prefer that and that's reason that i only buy the entire work of art versus one track. enjoy.
What were some of your music tracks you had in mind ?

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #321 of 1,457
Can't speak to the comparison to WM1A as it's been too long a time when I had it...

But beware of the M15, as I pointed out output impedance is an issue that might explain reports of a bassy and warm DAP depending of what IEM or headphones you pair it with...

Thanks for that. It's a shame as on paper the specs are really good and I had high hopes for it.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #323 of 1,457
Im 54 so yeah a 28 yr old is a kid for me. That radio gives a reference sound. Many audiophile grew up with that.

It seems like you’re making a lot of assumptions (presumably about me? Though I’m not 28...)
That radio isn’t what a lot of audiophiles considered a reference system. Head on over to audiokarma and report back on the systems many grew up admiring in HiFi shops that they couldn’t afford, etc.

Also your points in the post above and the ‘kids’ comments...are irrelevant and frankly off topic here.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #324 of 1,457
It seems like you’re making a lot of assumptions (presumably about me? Though I’m not 28...)
That radio isn’t what a lot of audiophiles considered a reference system. Head on over to audiokarma and report back on the systems many grew up admiring in HiFi shops that they couldn’t afford, etc.

Also your points in the post above and the ‘kids’ comments...are irrelevant and frankly off topic here.
Your post is even more OFF topic. Carry on with the thread.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #326 of 1,457
Anyone have any suggestions for settings, or are you all leaving things as-is when listening? Do you prefer 3.5mm or balanced? Low or high gain?

I’m going to give this another listen for a couple of days before returning the demo unit.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #327 of 1,457
Anyone have any suggestions for settings, or are you all leaving things as-is when listening? Do you prefer 3.5mm or balanced? Low or high gain?

I’m going to give this another listen for a couple of days before returning the demo unit.

I don't see the point of choosing a Lotoo if you don't intend to use the PEQ, That's why they are tuned so neutral as a starting point.
You are also paying extra for this high quality PEQ and it is one of the main features.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #328 of 1,457
If you think this is bright, cayin n5 and cayin n5ii and even wm1a is even a touch brighter. With some recordings it can be peaky - because it is really accurate but mostly the top end although well extended is very smooth to me.

Of course it depends on cans and iems, I do think it 'smooths' out after a bit of use. And the target audience is someone that wants a non android player with a nice UI and that sounds excellent with a nice peq.

I liked the n6ii, but it was very bulky and honestly I doubt really use android much so for me this is perfect. Also my screen was defective, I'm done with cayin personally. After the jack broke on my n3 and the horrible screen on the n5ii and this screen being defective I'm not going there anymore.

I still want to try a plenue too, cowon (iaudio) was one of my first mp3 players. I just don't know which one. Probably one with a BB chip.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #329 of 1,457
I don't see the point of choosing a Lotoo if you don't intend to use the PEQ, That's why they are tuned so neutral as a starting point.
You are also paying for this high quality PEQ and it is one of the main features.

Even though the 6000 doesn't use the blackfin, the peq is still really good. Very easy to tune your sound and doesn't seem to add any distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back