Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #871 of 889
Hello

I'm looking for the lastest firmware for the PAW 5000 MK1.
My version is 6.0.1.7 and I installed from a firmware file called "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.7_EN"

Now there is a version 6.0.1.14 on the website called "PAW5000_AP_6.1.0.14".
See link
Does anybody know, wether this file has also the english menu or only chinese?
Does anybody already installed it?

Don't want to upgrade to an all chinese player :)

Regards

Steffen
Does this device have optical out to feed FLAC files to another external DAC?

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #873 of 889
anyone knows how to open lotoo 5k mkii?
i have problem with the jog wheel, its not responding well and navigation in it kinda of a chore now.
i assume its hardware issue, was hoping maybe can fix it by hand

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #874 of 889
Im thinking of getting the mk2 but are the firmware/software bugs fixed? I read about a few dealbreaking bugs like it hangs and needs to be resetted etc but that was many fw versions ago.

My guess is that there will be no mk3 since the reveal of the Paw 6k. $1000 is still tio much for me...

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #875 of 889
Didn't notice any bug on my P5000 mk2, and I've had it for quite a while. Can you redirect me to what you read ?

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #876 of 889
I've been looking and looking but i cant find it. Some guy had huge problems and had to carry a reset-pin since hes player hung quite often. I'ts either in this thread or the obscure chinise daps-thread.
But if you have no problems, i guess its sorted or he had a bad unit.

Can i ask how they player holds up today? Does it read metadata from files yet? Like album, artist etc.

Im torn between the paw 5k mk2 and the ibasso dx120. Totally different players but the dx120 has so much more modern features like reading metadata for example.

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #878 of 889
Mine also had never hung, just works all the time. It's a funky UI but once you get adjusted to it, plays like a dream. Serious EQ control if you're into that. Powerful player. Nice footprint, not too small but great for carrying around.

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #879 of 889
How the time flies, I remember posting here when I first got the MK II. It has been almost two years and my player has been used daily. As for hangs and issues, I have not had any from day one. Every penny I spent on this player has been worth it. One needs to get used to the menu format/navigation. One day I may change the internal battery.

Firmware version 7.1.0.19 has been a round a while now. Link is below.

http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/Hi_Fi_Music_Player/2020/0428/82.html

May 26, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #881 of 889
I picked up a 5000mkii from a fellow head fier and it arrived today. I'm excited, but I'm having difficulty getting windows 10 to recognize the device. Anyone have this problem and could share some advice? It did not come with a cable but I have a spare usb to micro b. When I connect it will charge, but windows doesn't register that a drive has connected, although the device does give me the usb connection countdown...

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #882 of 889
I picked up a 5000mkii from a fellow head fier and it arrived today. I'm excited, but I'm having difficulty getting windows 10 to recognize the device. Anyone have this problem and could share some advice? It did not come with a cable but I have a spare usb to micro b. When I connect it will charge, but windows doesn't register that a drive has connected, although the device does give me the usb connection countdown...
  • Can you first confirm the cable is a data cable and not just a charge cable? If you have another device that you are 100% certain presents itself as a mass storage device that uses micro USB, try this cable on that.
  • Assuming the cable is a data cable, the Lotoo might not be presenting itself as a mass storage device. Check Disk Management to see if Windows detects it as a drive at all — it may be that the file system is just unrecognized by Windows and requires reformatting the drive or possibly even repartitioning it from within Disk Management.

May 27, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #883 of 889
Sorted it, a very very simple solution. The scroll wheel had to be switched from usb power to connection. Based on how it looked it didn't seem like there was an option; it just seemed to be saying the connection was to 'usb power' :)

May 27, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #884 of 889
Sorted it, a very very simple solution. The scroll wheel had to be switched from usb power to connection. Based on how it looked it didn't seem like there was an option; it just seemed to be saying the connection was to 'usb power' :)

Yes, that is not the most intuitive method for configuring the connection... enjoy your new purchase! :)

May 27, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #885 of 889
I had the opportunity to transfer some music and give a listen. My previous dap was a Ibasso DX220 with Amp9, which I didn't feel justified keeping because it just wasnt getting enough time. I picked up the 5000mkii used at 1/3 the price which felt more reasonable for the amount of portable use I get.

What a steal. Not missing the ibasso at all. With the blessing 2 dusk this is a great little player. I'm going to have to try this out with my er2xr (only other pair of iems) to see if it's just as magical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back