Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #511 of 889
  Bluetooth is a funny deal for me.  I tend to think that when I want Bluetooth I will just stick with my smart phone.  When I want hi res, I go with a hard wired connection.  But I understand the idea that sometimes you want just one device, and easy access to your tunes on the portable player.  When I travel I tend to have the phone and also the music device.  At the gym and for at home listening it is usually just the portable device.

There are devices that convert a standard 3.5mm miniplug into bluetooth; they are typically $20-$40.

I never use my phone for music. I currently have an Ipod 6th which doesn't have BT (and I can't find an "easy" conversion method), and as I've said, I'm fed up breaking IEM's due to the cable snagging and pulling the earpiece out that smashes against something hard, even after shortening the cable, being careful etc. I only use a portable player when I'm on the move. Just waiting on the spare cash to get the P5k, BT IEM's and if needs be for added volume since I read BT can reduce overall volume, an amp. After an Ipod, I'm sure I'll be very happy with the P5k, despite it's few shortcomings some people mention. After looking through those that I can budget for, overall the P5K meets my requirements through user reviews better than any of the rest.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #512 of 889
Can anyone confirm if the bluetooth on the PAW has an incoming call notification from a bluetooth smartphone?  That's one feature I liked with the Astell AK100 as most of the time I can't miss calls even when listening too great tunes.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #513 of 889
  Can anyone confirm if the bluetooth on the PAW has an incoming call notification from a bluetooth smartphone?  That's one feature I liked with the Astell AK100 as most of the time I can't miss calls even when listening too great tunes.

I've never seen or heard of that feature related to this music player, so I'd doubt it very much.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #517 of 889
Do you guys think this unit is worth $500 AUD ($376 USD)?

For someone looking at something comparable to iBasso DX90?

I've always wanted to try this unit and a store in Australia now has it in stock but I'm getting rather mixed feelings on the sound front. UI, build etc is not a concern, just if the sound punches its weight in price.

I also read a review from @twister6 where he seemed to feel the AP100 had a slight advantage? I can get AP100 for almost $200 cheaper.

Any thoughts would be great.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #518 of 889
I used DX90 for one year. It is really nice DAP. Soundstage, clarity, detail has quite good. But a little bit digital and not natural. Worst battery life 4-5 hours. But Paw5000 more natural sound. Detail and clarity similar but sounstage narrow then DX90. Also Paw5000 more lively sound. I really like Paw5000.

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #519 of 889
I used DX90 for one year. It is really nice DAP. Soundstage, clarity, detail has quite good. But a little bit digital and not natural. Worst battery life 4-5 hours. But Paw5000 more natural sound. Detail and clarity similar but sounstage narrow then DX90. Also Paw5000 more lively sound. I really like Paw5000.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #520 of 889
Do you guys think this unit is worth $500 AUD ($376 USD)?

For someone looking at something comparable to iBasso DX90?

I've always wanted to try this unit and a store in Australia now has it in stock but I'm getting rather mixed feelings on the sound front. UI, build etc is not a concern, just if the sound punches its weight in price.

I also read a review from @twister6
 where he seemed to feel the AP100 had a slight advantage? I can get AP100 for almost $200 cheaper.

Any thoughts would be great.

$376 - no. It's on Amazon US for $279 now, which is more reasonable. It has a ton of features and will make a fantastic transport DAP with its optical output. Great for exerciseung as well, but as standalone DAP the sound performance is just average..

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #521 of 889
$376 - no. It's on Amazon US for $279 now, which is more reasonable. It has a ton of features and will make a fantastic transport DAP with its optical output. Great for exerciseung as well, but as standalone DAP the sound performance is just average..

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #522 of 889
I use the 5K as my travel DAP. Very happy with it. Great battery life. USB charging which is also used for file transfers: USB 3 and so very quick. Good sonics: organic. Do note the limitations though: only up to 24/96 and dsd.

You also have a choice of balanced output with 2.5 mm plugs.

Most importantly, it pairs well with Tralucent IEMs. :yum:

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #523 of 889
I use the 5K as my travel DAP. Very happy with it. Great battery life. USB charging which is also used for file transfers: USB 3 and so very quick. Good sonics: organic. Do note the limitations though: only up to 24/96 and dsd.

You also have a choice of balanced output with 2.5 mm plugs.

Most importantly, it pairs well with Tralucent IEMs. :yum:

Well, it's kinda for Ref.1, do you think it would be a good choice Kiats? Do you hear any bass roll-off, I read this mentioned? I can't demo it beforehand, and I'm not expecting the world, just something decent to play with and have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back