Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #541 of 889
Please don't think you have to keep this source 'too' quiet :)

I'm only a PM away lol.

Its actually a used unit.

I simply dressed the post with words of trickery and deception to give the impression I'm awesome and get new things extremely cheap. :wink:

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #542 of 889

I simply dressed the post with words of trickery and deception to give the impression I'm awesome and get new things extremely cheap.
wink.gif

I'm all ears for the review then, less of course the "words of trickery and deception to give the impression you're awesome" lol :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #543 of 889

I simply dressed the post with words of trickery and deception to give the impression I'm awesome and get new things extremely cheap.
wink.gif

Well, I for one value your opinions and can hardly wait to see what you have to say about this player. Please, pretty please, don't take too long :wink:

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #544 of 889

I'm all ears for the review then, less of course the "words of trickery and deception to give the impression you're awesome" lol :)

Well, I for one value your opinions and can hardly wait to see what you have to say about this player. Please, pretty please, don't take too long :wink:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll chime in when the unit arrives.

I'll be quite busy around that time but if PAW 5000 proves fitting it may become a full-time player here.

Like I said earlier, I'm doing this do get to the bottom of a few ongoing thoughts and general feelings about the player.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #545 of 889

Thanks for the kind words. I'll chime in when the unit arrives.

I'll be quite busy around that time but if PAW 5000 proves fitting it may become a full-time player here.

Like I said earlier, I'm doing this do get to the bottom of a few ongoing thoughts and general feelings about the player.

Thanks H20. Do you have any idea of when it will arrive?

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #548 of 889
From your measurement, if I want to use dedicated amp, does it mean to be better if i use headphone out and set the gain to "low" and damp set to "high"?
Cmiiw
not sure it this was answered; I didn't see every reply. But your amp should have an input impedance on the order of 1000x higher than the 32 ohm dummy load. So my belief would be the setting would be imaterial.

Yes indeed, the output impedance vs. Gain setting us peculiar. It looks to me like the low gain takes output right from the dac, while the high gain gets the benefit of being buffered thru the amp stage and able to provide more current.

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #550 of 889
It shouldn't take anywhere near that long. My guess is 3-4 days max.

Thanks Tony,

I had read 4-5 days when doing a search. I was just covering some extra time in case.

You know, the members get really excited so its best to tell them a little later. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #551 of 889
I’m just curious whether anyone has experienced this phenomenon where you have a pair of headphones, decent enough but otherwise none too impressive with most of your equipment… maybe they’re a touch on the dark side and require too much power to boost, but then suddenly you pair them with one specific DAP and, using high gain, they suddenly perform like the greatest set of cans ever.  Has anyone ever experienced headphones that unexpectedly overachieve with a certain DAP to the point of a major revelation?   It’s like these headphones were meant specifically for the sound signature coming out of this DAP.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #552 of 889

I’m just curious whether anyone has experienced this phenomenon where you have a pair of headphones, decent enough but otherwise none too impressive with most of your equipment… maybe they’re a touch on the dark side and require too much power to boost, but then suddenly you pair them with one specific DAP and, using high gain, they suddenly perform like the greatest set of cans ever.  Has anyone ever experienced headphones that unexpectedly overachieve with a certain DAP to the point of a major revelation?   It’s like these headphones were meant specifically for the sound signature coming out of this DAP.

Yes, its called synergy, when the DAP and IEM work together to create unity, something special. Experienced it many times and is a big part of the hobby for me. This is why I run around saying you can purchase the most expensive IEM and DAP on the market but it generally means nothing if the synergy isn't correct. Synergy has given me results where a $30 iRiver player I picked up on eBay provided more clarity, air and soundstage width with one particular IEM than an iBasso DX50 could. 

There's many things I don't understand completely about the DAPs output power, output impedance, sensitivity of the IEM, (plus many other things I don't understand)

Sometimes they simply create magic. I assume it was with PAW 5000 and which IEM/Headphone?

Btw, still waiting for PAW 5000 guys. shouldn't be long now.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #553 of 889

Yep, I'm curious too about which IEM's you're using. Of course your enjoyment is based on your genre's and preferences etc, but would be good to know :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #554 of 889
Sometimes they simply create magic. I assume it was with PAW 5000 and which IEM/Headphone?

Yep, I'm curious too about which IEM's you're using. Of course your enjoyment is based on your genre's and preferences etc, but would be good to know :)

The Lotoo line pair superbly with Alpha Design Lab's headphones and IEMs.  The ADL-H128 is the perfect marriage coupled with the Lotoo Paw Gold.  The ADL-H118, which can be dull with other DAPs, comes alive when added to the Lotoo Paw 5000.  Likewise, ADL's EH-008 perform much better with the Lotoo Paw 5000 wherein alongside other players they can sound thin.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #555 of 889
The only other thing I can think of in the case of PAW 5000 is the dampening modes are altering the responses of your headphones. I'm yet to play with them myself but they alter the output impedance. I believe low dampening is 40ohms output impedance and high dampening is 1.8ohm.

Is there a particular dampening mode making your headphones sound noticeably better?

You can see a little more here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765461/lotoo-paw-5000-impressions-thread/495#post_12380244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back