Looking for "The One"
Nov 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

psiness

New Head-Fier
i think it's time for me to finally be able to find the headphone that really suits all (or most) of my listening qualities so that i can have one pair i'm happy with. portable is another matter though i think i have that one picked out already. for at home i want to be able to utilize the most out of my listening station. i use an imac late 2011 21.5'' for basically all of my listening aside from my iphone on the go. 

here are artists i tend to listen to a lot:
Arcade FireWeezerPixiesKanye WestThe PillowsTegan and SaraAsian Kung-Fu GenerationThe WhoThe BeatlesGrateful DeadVampire WeekendSimon and GarfunkelFoster the PeopleJames BlakeEarl SweatshirtWu-Tang ClanGorillazZee AviBostonThe ClashElton JohnFall Out BoyPuffyBest CoastWavvesRivers CuomoCapsuleKyary Pamyu Pamyu, The Weepies. in no particular order.

budgets are: $350 for headphones, $300 on an amp or whatever suggestions. willing to accept suggestions that go beyond but hoping to keep it around there.

i like to have a not too tight clasp on the earphones but i don't like it when they just kind of "hang" there. isolation is not that big a deal since they will be used primarily at home.

if this is the wrong place/thread to do this, please guide me there. thanks.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 6
FiiO E10 DAC --> Matrix M-Stage --> Grado SR325

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 6
I say get the E10 and the Shure SRH840's. I assume you like good bass. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
A uDAC-2/Fiio E10, a Schiit Asgard and Fischer FA-003s.  About $650 total.
Edit:  Whoa, math fail.  $550 total.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY SECOND THAT NOTION WHILE VIOLATING THE NO-CAPS RULE OF THE INTERNETS. I'm too lazy to re-type that with caps lock off, but now I've wasted even more time explaining myself.

What are we talking about?

Oh, yeah. I second that notion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back