Looking for my perfect set of cans
Jul 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
I'm hoping I can get a little guidance, as I'm in over my head, and out of my league. Firstly, let me say that I am by know means an audiophile, but I am looking to get started down the right path. I'm looking for a decent set of over the ear headphones, and I'm open to any brand. I have a price that I would like to spend of $200.00 but I don't really have a budget per se.

Here's a few random details:

I love the sound of the M50's
I loathe Beats ( all my friends have them and cannot hear how horrible they sound)
I would have already purchased the M50's if it were not for the length of the cord.
I want something that I can listen to for 2-3 hours at a time.
I'm not interested in true noise cancelling headphones as I'm not willing to sacrifice quality.
I listen to a lot of classical and blues. A few of my favorite artists include Adele, the Beatles, Ray LaMontagne, Sara Bareilles Stevie Ray Vaughan but I'll usually listen to anything aside from hard rock and rap/hip-hop.
I prefer vinyl over digital any day, but my collection is small. The primary use of the headphones will be for an ipod though.

I would like to make a purchase within the next month. I've been searching for the perfect set for me, but I feel lost right now.

Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.

Thanks, I never thought of going that route. Do you have a recommended site to go to, other than eBay? 

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #20 of 20
Amazon has used deals all the time for most all headphones, so I'd check there first. I found my Denons by doing a google search and rooting through dozens of results pages to find someone selling a pair on an obscure forum. Got a really great deal on a like-new pair. I couldn't have gotten that same deal through ebay or something like that, so I would keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back