Looking for IEMs in the $500 range
Aug 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #46 of 49
I can vouch for the TF10's they were my first IEM's and really opened my eyes up to high quality portable audio. Have a look at buying second hand you can usually pick up some good deals!

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #47 of 49
Hi all, I have some news.  For the past few days, I've narrowed my choices down to the Westone 4R and the SM64.  This is mainly because the F111s looked to be difficult to get a hold of.  With those two choices in mind, I felt that the SM64 was the better deal at $400 unless the 4R significantly dropped in price.  For the past week, the 4Rs sat at 375 and I thought that was too close to the SM64 for me to justify getting it.

Just 5 minutes ago though, amazon has the 4R listed for 320.  I couldn't pass that up, so I went with it.  So yeap.  Thank you all for your help in finding the right IEMs for me, I really do appreciate it all. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #49 of 49
Comply are comfoftable. But like the other poster said. They can and pretty much will effect the sound quality and in my experience its only for the worse thats me others might love them.

I admit they are very comfortable. But the mids and highs suffer and have tendency to sound veiled along with the soundstage. In my experience they take away height to the soundstage and breadth also.

Flip side is comfort. They are verycomfortable and you can wear them for extended periods without fatigued feeling.

Again but at a cost I have alot of comply tips and from time to time I switch from silicone to comply and I find I still dont like what they take away from the sound quality.

Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back