Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Nov 8, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #391 of 1,717
As long as they sound better than an ATH-ANC7, HD25-1, SR-60 or HFI-700, and as good as a D2000 I'm good. Wait a minute, maybe I coulda just got the ESW9...

...Nah
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #392 of 1,717
It's more like 74 days. 60 goes by, then you actually request for the money to be sent, which it then is after 14 more days.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #393 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as they sound better than an ATH-ANC7, HD25-1, SR-60 or HFI-700, and as good as a D2000 I'm good. Wait a minute, maybe I coulda just got the ESW9...

10JPNs are much better than D2000s. They are far more accurate and clean. I'm not sure the D2000 really isolates much better either, though its been a while since I had a pair.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #394 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys, I have been on this forum now for 6 months and still have not purchased my first pair of headphones. I have been waiting, learning, and studying about what to get. Price is not really a factor. What I was waiting on was genuine enthusiasm about a new product and it seems you are all jumping on the bandwagon extolling the virtues of these headphones. I will be getting my first iPod this Christmas, so do you all think that the ESW10 should be my first pair of headphones?

I think anything would look like jumping to someone so indecisive
wink.gif

If money is not a factor, then they are a good choice, since they dont need an amp to be enjoyed; they will sound great straight from the ipod.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #395 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to remember someone posted asking if the ESW10 would improve with better sources like the ESW9...can't find the post anymore
confused.gif

I usually use my iMod and a Portaphile or an SR-71, but last night I spent 3 hours listening to Candlebox (first album), Sevendust - Animosity, and Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue, at incredibly potent volumes, out of my Meridian G08 into my Blue Circle Audio SBH headphone amp, using Siltech IC's and Golden Reference PC's and the output improved exponentially over portable equipment.
These babies hold their own against the big boys. I was extremely pleased. The soundstage was considerably smaller than my R-10's, closer to my HP2's, but the detail, bass and clarity was impressive.

But then again, for that money, they should be.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #397 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered my backup pair. Audiocubes claims there are only 6 pairs left worldwide!

This was quoted 6 times yesterday in this thread. In order to avoid redundancy in a huge thread, plaease ago back at least 4 pages in a thread b4 posting:

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of this afternoon, AudioTechnica Japan only had 6 units left.

Bye, bye ESW-10
redface.gif

Distributors have stock , but inventories are running low. Excellent resale value down the road.

Nov 8, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #399 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think anything would look like jumping to someone so indecisive.

I guess one way to look at it is that I am so indecisive, however, 6 months ago these headphones were not available. The flip side to this is that good things come to those who wait. I'm still not ready to pull the trigger for some reason.

Nov 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #400 of 1,717
Quote:

I guess one way to look at it is that I am so indecisive, however, 6 months ago these headphones were not available. The flip side to this is that good things come to those who wait. I'm still not ready to pull the trigger for some reason.

Hehehe, keep waiting and you'll miss the chance
wink.gif

I guess that if you haven't purchased any phones in six months is for you already own some that you really like, or that you're not that interested in listening to music using headphones. What I can assure you is that it doesn't matter how much you wait for your right cans, they won't be perfect
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #401 of 1,717
Quote:

I have exactly the same thing, for some reason I refuse to believe that the 10s are worth the money in difference of sound quality compared to the 9s.
Also the quality of the phones...the plastic parts and the idea that the nice lacquer will get scratched easily...ouch.

Nov 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #402 of 1,717
I am starting to think these may be true giant-killers (against full sized cans such as K701, D2000, HD600 -well amped) as I start to like them more and more. I wish I had a Zana Deux to see how they measure up to good amping though.

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #403 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am starting to think these may be true giant-killers (against full sized cans such as K701, D2000, HD600 -well amped) as I start to like them more and more. I wish I had a Zana Deux to see how they measure up to good amping though.

Still not over the whole 'new toy syndrome'? :wink:

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #404 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by gideonMorrison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still not over the whole 'new toy syndrome'? :wink:

nope. In fact, these are genuinely be very good. When I'm at home, I'm reaching for ESW10 just as much as I reach for AD2Ks. Not to mention that these are substantially better than ESW9s in all aspects - and these are not even fully burned in!

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #405 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope. In fact, these are genuinely be very good. When I'm at home, I'm reaching for ESW10 just as much as I reach for AD2Ks. Not to mention that these are substantially better than ESW9s in all aspects - and these are not even fully burned in!

That does sound interesting indeed.... Time's ticking...
Should I stick to my 9s and get a portable amp orrrr, sell the 9s and get the 10s in stead...
Choices, bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back