Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Nov 8, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #376 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay - you talked me into it.
redface.gif

I was about to break out the smelling salts.
Glad you came to your senses.
smile_phones.gif

We need an ESW-XX smiley. Beuller...Bueller?

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #378 of 1,717
You guys, I have been on this forum now for 6 months and still have not purchased my first pair of headphones. I have been waiting, learning, and studying about what to get. Price is not really a factor. What I was waiting on was genuine enthusiasm about a new product and it seems you are all jumping on the bandwagon extolling the virtues of these headphones. I will be getting my first iPod this Christmas, so do you all think that the ESW10 should be my first pair of headphones?

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #380 of 1,717
$540 shipped from ebay, with $128 live.com cashback. Do I really have to wait 60 days for the live.com cash back? I also hate that it can take a day or two for it to show up as pending in live.com

I have a buyer lined for my D2 Viper, and am listing my DV336i tonight, probably the Pro 30 orthos as well.

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #381 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys, I have been on this forum now for 6 months and still have not purchased my first pair of headphones. I have been waiting, learning, and studying about what to get. Price is not really a factor. What I was waiting on was genuine enthusiasm about a new product and it seems you are all jumping on the bandwagon extolling the virtues of these headphones. I will be getting my first iPod this Christmas, so do you all think that the ESW10 should be my first pair of headphones?

An overwhelming yes on my part. If you're looking for a portable solution to go with your ipod, it won't get better than these.... at least for now.

...Although, I'm of the opinion that you'll be able to get quite better at the same price going full size. Your call
wink.gif

I seem to remember someone posted asking if the ESW10 would improve with better sources like the ESW9...can't find the post anymore
confused.gif

Anyways, I gave these a try and compared the sound running out of a laptop, zune, and stereo amp. I found that these will scale well with better sources as expected. Can clearly hear that the music is a little veiled out of the laptop hp out. (amp > zune > laptop)

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #382 of 1,717
Quote:

$540 shipped from ebay, with $128 live.com cashback. Do I really have to wait 60 days for the live.com cash back? I also hate that it can take a day or two for it to show up as pending in live.com

I have a buyer lined for my D2 Viper, and am listing my DV336i tonight, probably the Pro 30 orthos as well.

pretty much what I did- I sold most of my unused gear to fund for 2nd pair of AD2K and ESW10s.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #383 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An overwhelming yes on my part. If you're looking for a portable solution to go with your ipod, it won't get better than these.... at least for now.

...Although, I'm of the opinion that you'll be able to get quite better at the same price going full size. Your call
wink.gif

I seem to remember someone posted asking if the ESW10 would improve with better sources like the ESW9...can't find the post anymore
confused.gif

Anyways, I gave these a try and compared the sound running out of a laptop, zune, and stereo amp. I found that these will scale well with better sources as expected. Can clearly hear that the music is a little veiled out of the laptop hp out. (amp > zune > laptop)

Thanks for your input. What do you think would be better at the same price in a full size can?

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #384 of 1,717
Quote:

Thanks for your input. What do you think would be better at the same price in a full size can?

no. I still prefer my AD2000s, but I can't use AD2000s outside (until I get to my office anyways) and ESW10s win out on portability. Either of them are wonderful for all genres of music though.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #385 of 1,717
Quote:

I'm thinking the HD600s might be a logical sidestep in terms of price? Of course I'm not saying they are more enjoyable to me than the ESW10s as I haven't had a chance to hear them yet; though I enjoy the ESW10s quite much. As you can see, I have even less experience here than you so I'll leave the rest to other head-fiers.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #386 of 1,717
Quote:

Yeah, the 60 days is there so it doesn't complicate things regarding returned purchases and such (or so they say on live.com).

This is my second pair of headphones as well, from the SR-60s. Maybe I'm expecting too much of an upgrade since they cost like 6 times more. Do these phones have good instrument separation and clear mids?

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #387 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my second pair of headphones as well, from the SR-60s.

biggrin.gif
same here! Also, sweetest mids you'll ever hear (wasn't this a characteristic of A-T phones?) but the bass extends oh so low, tight and punchy(literally), instrument separation is just right so it doesn't sound too unnatural.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #388 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the 60 days is there so it doesn't complicate things regarding returned purchases and such (or so they say on live.com).

Thanks.

This is my second pair of headphones as well, from the SR-60s. Maybe I'm expecting too much of an upgrade since they cost like 6 times more. Do these phones have good instrument separation and clear mids?

I'll let you know next week when they get here.
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #390 of 1,717
Quote:

I'll let you know next week when they get here.
tongue.gif

I hope you are not disappointed...the hype has gotten a bit large here. They are great but you never know if your expectations will get in the way of what is really being offered to you. I enjoy them as much as my UE9 BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back