Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed).
Sep 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #91 of 214
Edit: Point moot.

Just real fast for brain food! (i will whisper so Expat doesn't hear us! - HDMI Audio is not the same as Digital audio. It's a different technology altogether using a linear pulse code modulation for transmission, which is e specific type of modulation where quantization levels are linear and uniform. Digital audio encodings from music are of the opposite end, where quantization levels are based on quantization levels which vary as a function of Amplitude - - the music itself. We can go on forever. If you have questions or want to PM, I'm down! No worries.
)

(And I bet you can hear the difference between 64kbps and 320kbps bit depth files. Depth, and timing especially, the human ear is very sensitive to.)

ANY WAY * major paraphrase *

AQ emailed me back and said I was SOL. Their cable is a charge cable. And will work in random cheap use cases and nothing high end. Sending this back.

And it charges my phone so much more refinely too! :p

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #92 of 214
Expat's right that digital cable validity discussions should go to the Sound Science section rather than trolled here. It is quite simple...if one chooses not to believe, they don't have to read it here. I beleive there are already existing active threads in the Sound Science area.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #93 of 214
FYI - AQ Cinnamon is only good for something MFi-certified like Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo and then we could connect the coax out to Hugo. Of course that's only for 48/16 and no love for 96/24 or above.

I ordered Diamond for that purpose but so far it didn't seem to be available in UK yet

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/audioquest-diamond-lightning-usb-cable.html

So far there's only one Lightning to micro USB cable that's working for Hugo since that CCK chip was embedded

http://ppaproduct.blogspot.com/2013/07/usb-cable.html

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #94 of 214
(Edit: no image will embed, I give up)
Hi everyone, small-time poster-lurker here, I've got a general query and this thread seemed relevant enough to ask it here:

My setup is included somewhere in this post (posting from mobile view, not sure where it'll end up)

Now, my dilemma is that my iPod Nano 7G experiences severe battery drain when connected via Lightning-to-30-Pin adapter.

Does anybody know of a connector to enable charging of my iPod while using it with my FiiO 30-pin-to-3.5mm adapter (into FiiO E12)?

This problem may be entirely moot as I've also heard in the iPod Nano 7G's case, the line-out is only as good if not worse than the headphone out, suffering from more stereo crosstalk than the HO, among other things.

I've owned both the cabled lightning adapter as well as the small dock adapter, both with the same issues, even after Apple provided me another Nano.

So in your honest opinion, ought I stick with double-amping this sucker, seeking out some mysterious adapter to use with an external battery (I don't give a damn about portability, honestly), or just scrap the Nano & find something without these limitations in general (ordinary Classic, FiiO X1/3/5, dx50) ?

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #95 of 214
(Edit: no image will embed, I give up)
Hi everyone, small-time poster-lurker here, I've got a general query and this thread seemed relevant enough to ask it here:

My setup is included somewhere in this post (posting from mobile view, not sure where it'll end up)

Now, my dilemma is that my iPod Nano 7G experiences severe battery drain when connected via Lightning-to-30-Pin adapter.

Does anybody know of a connector to enable charging of my iPod while using it with my FiiO 30-pin-to-3.5mm adapter (into FiiO E12)?

This problem may be entirely moot as I've also heard in the iPod Nano 7G's case, the line-out is only as good if not worse than the headphone out, suffering from more stereo crosstalk than the HO, among other things.

I've owned both the cabled lightning adapter as well as the small dock adapter, both with the same issues, even after Apple provided me another Nano.

So in your honest opinion, ought I stick with double-amping this sucker, seeking out some mysterious adapter to use with an external battery (I don't give a damn about portability, honestly), or just scrap the Nano & find something without these limitations in general (ordinary Classic, FiiO X1/3/5, dx50) ?

Dump the nano imo. If you want to keep ios and want to be able to charge it & listen to music, ipod touch & v moda vamp verza is a good combo, at around $500-550

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #97 of 214
Reading about the iPhone 6 on some of these threads, I may wait for my contract upgrade from the iPhone 5 & go with the 128 gb model. but i'll check out the vamp verza, thanks!

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #101 of 214
Reading about the iPhone 6 on some of these threads, I may wait for my contract upgrade from the iPhone 5 & go with the 128 gb model. but i'll check out the vamp verza, thanks!

If you are in the market for iOS device DACs or DAC/AMPs, I would also look into VentureCraft. (They actually made the Vamp Verza for V-Moda)

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #105 of 214
Thanks for the information. Maybe post that info here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682222/ios7-iphone-and-apple-cck/435#post_10893460

As we dont want to get our ...um... Wires crossed. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back