Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed).
Aug 19, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #76 of 214
  $168, is that a joke?

Unbelievable 
confused.gif
 Do people buy this stuff? Maybe it is time to change profession and sell "special" cables 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #78 of 214
  That's nothing. I've seen much more expensive cables

Indeed.
Its an age old argument wether cables make a difference or their worth etc.
Personally If a cable is built to a very high standard makes an improvement in sound and I know is going to withstand 
a lot of wear, then Im ok spending a competitive price for a cable.
Would I spend between $100 & $500 ( around 300gbp? ) Yes.
would I spend $1000 upward? Highly unlikely.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #79 of 214
I was out shopping in Tokyo and saw the latest Venturecraft lightning cable that I dont really need....but of course bought the expensive thing anyway to see how it compares :) haha.

impressions coming soon.

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #81 of 214
I'll probably sell my earlier Venturecraft and Vmoda lightning cable if this newer cable proves superior(if i can work out my paypal receiving payments, haha).

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #85 of 214
first initial superficial impressions.

ATH=ESW11 with Hifi-M8, ipod touch 5G with Flacplayer app.

More fuller, everything seems tighter.
A step up from the original Venturecraft lightning cable to be sure.
It is a richer sound with critical listening.

Keep in mind at this point improvements are incremental.

original:light sound, more separation of low and highs, bass is tame.

New: Everything is more forward, good separation-but more even sound/volume between each part of evenly matched if that makes sense. Crisp.

I think the original is more `fun` in a sense(probably a slight V shaped sound-which gives a faux sense of separateness) , the new cable is more accurate.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #86 of 214
first initial superficial impressions.

ATH=ESW11 with Hifi-M8, ipod touch 5G with Flacplayer app.

More fuller, everything seems tighter.
A step up from the original Venturecraft lightning cable to be sure.
It is a richer sound with critical listening.

Keep in mind at this point improvements are incremental.

original:light sound, more separation of low and highs, bass is tame.

New: Everything is more forward, good separation-but more even sound/volume between each part of evenly matched if that makes sense. Crisp.

I think the original is more `fun` in a sense(probably a slight V shaped sound-which gives a faux sense of separateness) , the new cable is more accurate.

Congrats ExpatinJapan for your new Venture Craft USB to lightning
Looks great in red color :beerchug:

As foreigner is hard to buy audio stuff from Japan
Last time friend of mind bought for me , now he live in New York

Sep 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #88 of 214
Better SQ from a lightning cable? I literally can't even.
i have four different lightning cables, these are my findings. If you have any debates see the first post and then please politely take it to the Sound Science section.
I dont want this thread deteriorating into a cables change sound/cables dont change sound endless conversation.
Kind regards
Expat.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #90 of 214

To respect Expat, I'll keep this brief, but I think it's a bit relevant to this thread and may help some followers to briefly mention how a conductor can have an impact on audio quality.

Hapster, I used to agree with you. Thing is, Digital audio isn't sent in bit packets like normal digital info - where the client has a chance to correct everything. Digital audio is streaming live - in real time - via square waves. So the conductor metal inside is pretty important as it hopefully keeps that wave as intact as possible. Impurities are like speed bumps and slow down some parts (jitter) or even scatter part of the wave. The way the wave reflects of the edge also matters. It's not a matter of debate that conductor material has an effect no the waves. Now whether we can all hear it or not is another story! And it's possible some can and some can't : )

Picked up an AQ Cinnamon just to try out to replace my CCK + D-Fi going into Hugo. Well since AQ is terminated in standard USB A male, which is not useful to connect into anything much at all, an adapter must be used. Which I'm using an USB A to A coupler with D-Fi to get to USB Micro to get to Hugo. I've also tried an USB A female to Micro Male adapter - and neither of these work.

So either the Cinnamon is defective, or the connection doesn't like adapters, which are essential because AQ chose to terminate this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back