Light Harmonic GEEK
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #1,141 of 1,658

Geek Out SE

* Gold Plated Chassis with designer's signature
* Limited to 32 only. 16 we're open for sale. Every one is serialized and fully tested and include the individual testing report from Audio Precision.
* Hand matched and hand pick the ultimate upgraded components.
* The distortion (THD+N) could get even -3dB down, that means HALF of it.
* Crystek Femto clocks with a redesigned power supply circuit with only 3.5 μV noise.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,143 of 1,658
I backed Geek Pulse, Geek Wave, and Geek Stream. Does anyone else here feel like the LH Labs team has just stolen our money and won't deliver anything?
There haven't been any meaningful updates for weeks, and they must be way behind schedule and not owning up to the problems they are having.

Man, I hope nobody feels like we've stolen your money!  We haven't, in fact, done that.  And while I agree that communication was lacking in the beginning due to the shear work load, I think we've given meaningful updates quite often, including just yesterday (thanks for pointing that out,  m-i-c-k-e-y).

If you ever have a concern that you want to talk to us about, please feel free to open a trouble ticket.  Manny & Carlos have a < 1 business day response rate, and if they have any issues that they feel they can't address themselves, they bring them to Larry and me.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,144 of 1,658
Anytime Gavin!

Michael

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,145 of 1,658
I had a HifiMeDiy sabre U2 DAC it is a great dac, sadly it's not working any more (device not recognized).

thinking of buying Geek out 720 or 1000 but i saw the audio-gd NFB-11

any recommendations?

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,146 of 1,658
GO's SQ is way way better and can do DSD and its portable.

Draw back right now is a volume bug on its buttons (which they are fixing right now thru firmware)

PS:
Well you're asking on a Geek Out thread....

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,147 of 1,658
There are plenty of cost effective dacs out there, that function they way that they are supposed to. Personally I would wait until the issues are fixed before purchasing one.

SQ is subjective and we all hear things differently. DSD is also subjective.

Have you looked at the stoner acoustics if you only require a dac? The new 120 is getting really positive feedback and is only 79 shipped, I just purchased one a few days ago and I am eager to receive it.

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #1,148 of 1,658
GO's SQ is way way better and can do DSD and its portable.

Draw back right now is a volume bug on its buttons (which they are fixing right now thru firmware)

PS:
Well you're asking on a Geek Out thread....

actually i asked on both threads.

portability is not a main concern, audio gd can do DSD

There are plenty of cost effective dacs out there, that function they way that they are supposed to. Personally I would wait until the issues are fixed before purchasing one.

SQ is subjective and we all hear things differently. DSD is also subjective.

Have you looked at the stoner acoustics if you only require a dac? The new 120 is getting really positive feedback and is only 79 shipped, I just purchased one a few days ago and I am eager to receive it.

i am looking for a dac/amp combanation

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,149 of 1,658
  Geek Out SE  
* Gold Plated Chassis with designer's signature
* Limited to 32 only. 16 we're open for sale. Every one is serialized and fully tested and include the individual testing report from Audio Precision.
* Hand matched and hand pick the ultimate upgraded components.
* The distortion (THD+N) could get even -3dB down, that means HALF of it.
* Crystek Femto clocks with a redesigned power supply circuit with only 3.5 μV noise.

Last two points are really big --- 3.5 uV is very small, about as small as my Concero HP, though the GO SE is quite expensive, is it not?

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,150 of 1,658
Okay so I finally decided to try the geekout 450 even before the volume issue has been corrected.  I do get noticeable noise with my JH13 FP's when there is no music playing, once the music is playing unless there is complete silence in the track you or if you focus on trying to hear it you would be hard pressed to notice it.  Unfortunately it seems to be all I can focus on especially in live albums.  Does anyone else with JH13's notice the noise or is it possibly a defective 450?  Generally speaking I can only set the playback level to 9 from within windows, it would be nice to have more room on the slide before it gets too loud.  I cannot imagine having this thing blast my ears, at 9 it is almost too loud.....I could only imagine 100.  It is a shame because the dac sonically is sound.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,151 of 1,658
Man, I hope nobody feels like we've stolen your money!  We haven't, in fact, done that.  And while I agree that communication was lacking in the beginning due to the shear work load, I think we've given meaningful updates quite often, including just yesterday (thanks for pointing that out,  m-i-c-k-e-y).

If you ever have a concern that you want to talk to us about, please feel free to open a trouble ticket.  Manny & Carlos have a < 1 business day response rate, and if they have any issues that they feel they can't address themselves, they bring them to Larry and me.

I still have open tickets from months ago that were never resolved. Maybe everyone else is cool with maybe getting a product at some time in the future, but I have lost all confidence in the LH team. It's a shame, because I fully bought into the hype.
Now I just have a lot of money gone, nothing for it, and no response to multiple tickets. Good job!

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,152 of 1,658
I backed Geek Pulse, Geek Wave, and Geek Stream. Does anyone else here feel like the LH Labs team has just stolen our money and won't deliver anything?

There haven't been any meaningful updates for weeks, and they must be way behind schedule and not owning up to the problems they are having.

OK, I have put in tickets up the wazoo about various issues over the past few months. I'm hoping that the new software update solves the volume problem, which is a BIG DEAL as far as I am concerned...can't afford to lose hearing. I had an issue where I would plug into a Vaunix powered USB hub, JRiver would crash and I couldn't use GO1K on it unless I rebooted the computer. No help from you guys (I got an email from Manny to send pertinent information, version Windows, etc the standard, then never heard back. Repeated the process a number of times, same exact sequence of events. I contacted the Vaunix people, helped me solve the problem in no time). If people are worried about their investments (substantial, in my and many other investor's case), it's things like this that have brought it on. I haven't felt as "out in the woods" with a purchase as this in quite a while. I still have issues, posted on the Signature GO post, get a moderator who tells me not to post here, I guess he didn't want to see anything but "happy, expectant posts" about the upcoming unit, which I'm afraid will give me the same problems as the GO1K, since software seems to be the same, as far as I can tell. At least if I post here, people try to help.
So far, love the sound, but the experience has been a definite negative...(to add a positive note, listening to Senn 650 through it now, Guster's great "Lost and Gone" album, almost makes up for the agida)
s

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #1,153 of 1,658
Moderator? You mean me - a purchaser of the SE (NOT a mod and thread starter) - who politely asked you to keep the thread on-topic and suggested starting threads in the appropraite sections (with links provided) to get visibility rather than trolling and posting about volume, bugs, drivers, and customer service in an unrelated product thread for a product that isn't even out yet. Seriously??? And people wonder why things are hard to find....

Regarding your issue...get in on the new driver beta.

Quote:
I still have issues, posted on the Signature GO post, get a moderator who tells me not to post here, I guess he didn't want to see anything but "happy, expectant posts" about the upcoming unit, which I'm afraid will give me the same problems as the GO1K, since software seems to be the same, as far as I can tell. At least if I post here, people try to help.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #1,154 of 1,658

Moderator? You mean me - a purchaser of the SE (NOT a mod) - who politely asked you to keep the thread on-topic and suggested starting threads in the appropraite sections (with links provided) to get visibility rather than trolling and posting about volume, bugs, drivers, and customer service in an unrelated product thread for a product that isn't even out yet. Seriously??? And people wonder why things are hard to find....

Regrading your issue...get in on the new driver beta.

I agree with Junker on this. The posts on the SE thread should be relevant to the SE. Customer service issues, general driver and firmware issues and GO 1000 hardware issues should be posted in the proper place, no matter what forums you may happen to be on at the time. I'd prefer to see that thread stay on the topic of the GO SE. As a future owner when the tread updates I feel a little excitement and wind up disappointed when it turns out to be another complaint about known issues. Those shouldn't be happening in a thread where the device is still in production. They have support sub-forums open for that very reason.

You can email info@lightharmonic.com to get access to the beta firmware if you desire. Larry has mentioned that access will be given to those who request it on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back