Light Harmonic GEEK
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,172 of 1,658
This all started when I posted on a LH forum about SE. I had basically posted that, as a future SE owner, I was concerned that the SE, which is a souped up GO (better hardware, same design/software), would have the same problems I and many others had with the GO. For this I've been accused of trolling, spamming, and told not to ruin that threads happy, cheer leading tone. Since this is supposed to be All Things Geek, and LH Labs people sometimes read/post here, that I brought it here.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,173 of 1,658
This all started when I posted on a LH forum about SE. I had basically posted that, as a future SE owner, I was concerned that the SE, which is a souped up GO (better hardware, same design/software), would have the same problems I and many others had with the GO. For this I've been accused of trolling, spamming, and told not to ruin that threads happy, cheer leading tone. Since this is supposed to be All Things Geek, and LH Labs people sometimes read/post here, that I brought it here.

When are/were you supposed to get the SE? I think I misunderstood some comments on both sides...anyways, there may be no point in seeking to have your question answered if nobody else has it (is that the case?). I doubt LH or any other company would warn you in advance that it has problems, so maybe it's best to just wait and see how it performs. If it's way overdue and nobody is giving you any sort of customer service fulfillment, than I think you have every right to look for answers in the so-called 'wrong threads'.

What you want to avoid, and this is just my 2 cents, is clogging up threads with multiple queries/complaints - people tend to get tired of it pretty quickly even if it's obvious you're in the right. Believe me, I'm right there with you - I went in on the Geek Wave XD128 plus a perk that will set me back a little over $1K, and I'm nervous as heck as LH hardly resembles a company that is worthy of their wildly successful IG campaign. Hopefully they will find their groove and become an industry stalwart that inspires trust.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,174 of 1,658
I had no intention of clogging up the threads, and I'm sorry it turned out that way. I wasn't even looking for solutions to my GO problems (though I'll always take suggestions). I was merely wondering if I'm the only one nervous that the same problems wold plague the SE, as it seems to me there is a good chance of that (I'm partially to blame as I went into my GO1k problems in more detail than I should have, it was misinterpreted as looking for Geek Out help on the SE thread. The thread clogging came in the responses I got and the subsequent back and forth posting.

I'm in for most everything Light Harmonic put up, with all the bells and whistles. I don't think LH is maliciously being unsupportive, or deliberately releasing products with problems. There was such a wave of excitement during thE crowdfunding campaigns, with them asking for product suggestions, design suggestions for products under dEvelopment, that it think it all got away from them, they had committed to more new product development and production than they could manage, and they were overwhelmed. To be objective, you do take a risk investing in products that don't exist yet, the perk being a better price up front. Risks are risks, though, not a sure bet. I do wish my Geek Out experience was better, with the more expensive stuff yet to come. This was my whole point.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,176 of 1,658
Hope they can pull it together - at times it seems they're working with a skeleton crew despite the large number of products/options/orders during the IG campaign. I think things will work out if they keep their noses to the grindstone, but I don't expect it to be issue-free.

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #1,177 of 1,658
I still have open tickets from months ago that were never resolved. Maybe everyone else is cool with maybe getting a product at some time in the future, but I have lost all confidence in the LH team. It's a shame, because I fully bought into the hype.
Now I just have a lot of money gone, nothing for it, and no response to multiple tickets. Good job!

Please let me know the ticket number (you can PM me if you want) and I'll personally see they're resolved.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,178 of 1,658
OK, I have put in tickets up the wazoo about various issues over the past few months. I'm hoping that the new software update solves the volume problem, which is a BIG DEAL as far as I am concerned...can't afford to lose hearing. I had an issue where I would plug into a Vaunix powered USB hub, JRiver would crash and I couldn't use GO1K on it unless I rebooted the computer. No help from you guys (I got an email from Manny to send pertinent information, version Windows, etc the standard, then never heard back. Repeated the process a number of times, same exact sequence of events. I contacted the Vaunix people, helped me solve the problem in no time). If people are worried about their investments (substantial, in my and many other investor's case), it's things like this that have brought it on. I haven't felt as "out in the woods" with a purchase as this in quite a while. I still have issues, posted on the Signature GO post, get a moderator who tells me not to post here, I guess he didn't want to see anything but "happy, expectant posts" about the upcoming unit, which I'm afraid will give me the same problems as the GO1K, since software seems to be the same, as far as I can tell. At least if I post here, people try to help.
So far, love the sound, but the experience has been a definite negative...(to add a positive note, listening to Senn 650 through it now, Guster's great "Lost and Gone" album, almost makes up for the agida)
s

I've read your post multiple times and think I can help.  Can you please tell me your ticket numbers (PM me if you wish)?  I'll hop in there are make sure things get resolved.

I think the new firmware update will solve your problems, and it's almost out of BETA.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #1,179 of 1,658
Please let me know the ticket number (you can PM me if you want) and I'll personally see they're resolved.

Most of my communication was from before you even had a ticket system. After backing the Pulse, before that campaign fell apart communication wise, I backed the original GeekWave campaign. After that closed and split, I had a number of email exchanges with LHLabs. My questions never got answered, so in hopes of getting a product that meets my needs, I ended up having to back BOTH the wave reboot and the stream. Tickets 450 and 451 were both flagged as resolved even though neither actually were. I actually responded that they weren't closed and no response. The one on the email issue never was solved and I had to find the information myself. The other one, well, my payment issues were not resolved and now I am posting here about paying you money and having no expectation of receiving anything for it. I suppose I could just dispute the many months old charges with my credit card company, but I have completely given up.

Maybe I will get the Pulse I ordered. I foolishly even paid MORE money after the campaign closed to upgrade it. As for the wave and stream, I have mentally written them off completely.

Maybe you can help, maybe not, ball is in your court.

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,180 of 1,658
Gavin,
I posted here partly because you seem to be reading and posting sometimes. The above tickets I took out were a while ago. I'm one of those people who collect email until they have thousands, then go on a deleting rampage. I am at work, which gets really hectic, but, if I'm not home too late, I'll try to search for them. Do you really need them to proceed? You can look at my posts at Head Fi and the LH Labs forums, I've documented my woes in great detail. I'll PM you particulars if you prefer. Thanks for giving us some attention.

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,181 of 1,658
Most of my communication was from before you even had a ticket system. After backing the Pulse, before that campaign fell apart communication wise, I backed the original GeekWave campaign. After that closed and split, I had a number of email exchanges with LHLabs. My questions never got answered, so in hopes of getting a product that meets my needs, I ended up having to back BOTH the wave reboot and the stream. Tickets 450 and 451 were both flagged as resolved even though neither actually were. I actually responded that they weren't closed and no response. The one on the email issue never was solved and I had to find the information myself. The other one, well, my payment issues were not resolved and now I am posting here about paying you money and having no expectation of receiving anything for it. I suppose I could just dispute the many months old charges with my credit card company, but I have completely given up.

Maybe I will get the Pulse I ordered. I foolishly even paid MORE money after the campaign closed to upgrade it. As for the wave and stream, I have mentally written them off completely.

Maybe you can help, maybe not, ball is in your court.

Hey Jason - I looked at your tickets and 451 looks like we've resolved it as far as it can go.  You asked which device would be the best option for you, and Manny responded that the Geek Stream was your best option.

On ticket #450, you're right.  We need to get that all resolved.  I've marked the ticket as unsolved and have asked Manny to work with you to get everything squared up ASAP.  He's actually working on your ticket as I finish up writing this post.

Don't worry, you'll get all your Geek gear.  I'll make sure of it.  :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,185 of 1,658
  My GO 450 arrived today (after a number of tickets raised with LH).  I'd ordered a blue one but found out when chasing them for a delivery date that they had run out of blue...so it was silver or silver.  Oh well, no big deal (but a bit irritating).  I'm in the UK so naturally had to pay customs charges.  Fair enough, however LH put $299 value against it for customs purposes, inflating the customs charge to £43.50 ($72 USD).  Pretty annoying considering I paid $199 for it.  I hope they don't pull the same trick with the Pulse.  I've backed a Pulse X with all the goodies and LPS & don't want to pay customs charges on inflated valuations for those two!

Quoting myself is terribly bad form of course, but I thought I should provide an update on LH's response to the inflated customs valuation on the shipment of my GO450.  It was indeed an error (the actual amount specified on the package in my case should have been $99) and I'm being offered a refund of the difference in customs that I paid.  Can't be any fairer than that, well played LH.  Hopefully the shipping company have been notified of the error (I may not be the only one) so they can avoid similar future mistakes, especially when a more expensive item like the Pulse is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back