Light Harmonic GEEK
May 1, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,651 of 1,658
"Battery Pack" is a 2tb usb HD drive attached to power hub.

GO1K attached to powered hub.

HD600 attached to GO1k

Powered hub is connected to smartphone.

Underneath smartphone is a qi charging pad.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,652 of 1,658
Not really (get the idea) looks a little complex to say the least but interesting.Interested in any method I can continue to use GO.

I can see a powered USB hub and battery pack. How does the Geek out connect to DAP (?)/ phone via this.

(Nice phones by the way My weapon of choice with Geek Out as stated above)

It's always DAC -> Powered USB Hub -> OTG / Legacy Device Adapter -> Smartphone

May 3, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,653 of 1,658
I'm using 10, it upgrades when it wants to. Am I OK with my Geek out SE v1 because I started with Windows 7?
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the GeekOut didn't work with the version of windows it came with and I have since updated hoping it might be the answer:triportsad:

I tried 3.26 but no, that didn't work, as you stated.

Do you think that LH will register their drivers ? I believe they don't always provide the support they should do.

It 'll be a shame if I cant use this great device which I am only just appreciating fully after a year or so of ownership for it's synergy with my relatively new HD600s

A shame for me and surely others who don't have the knowledge

Why won't Driver 2.29 work for you guys? I know it works on Windows 10.

May 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,654 of 1,658
It depends on what version. From Red Stone/Anniversary Update and up, MS revised the driver policy. It must be "signed" by MS (using a unique/registered ID). If not it will not install.

Your drivers must be installed from a lower version to work.

Uprading to newer version thru online updates will retain the driver.

Remember installing unsigned drivers will be possible only if you're Win10 is earlier than Red Stone/Anniversary updates.

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #1,656 of 1,658
Hi don't know if anyone can help but I can't seem to get my geek out to work wth my new Windows 10 laptop after using without problems on my now defunct windows 7 machine. It just shows under devices 'driver unavailable' or 'unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'

The LH web site only seems to offer the v2.29 driver for windows and is this incompatable with the latest Windows ? Has anyone else had problems ?

Any help would be appreciated. I do love the sound of this device, GO720 in my case. An amazing performance to pound option.

Cheers

Hooray!! All working fine on my laptop now. Not sure how or why but who cares I'm just glad I didn't sell it. Over the moon because this is still a superb device, HD600 & DT990 both driven with ease.

(the extender/tail thingy is kaput however)

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #1,657 of 1,658
Oct 11, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #1,658 of 1,658
I just found my old Geek Out 720, moved home so i went through all of my old bags and found that one :)
Tried it on my 2020 i7 13inch macbook pro and it works, but it's not performing perfectly
What I'm hearing are lags or holes where the sound is suddenly off and then returns in a matter of milliseconds
It's not a long pause but its certainly annoying
Does anyone know how I can get this thing to work without issues?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back