Light Harmonic GEEK
Aug 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,156 of 1,658
OK, my bad, I've been very frustrated with Light Harmonic "channels", haven't seemed to be helpful, and I did misidentify Junker as a Mod, my apologies. I'm not entirely convinced that worrying that I'll have the same issues with the many times more expensive Signature that I had with the GO1K doesn't have a place on the Signature thread (I stand by my feeling that it seems it only is happy being a cheer leading thread, what's useful about that?), but I'll go with the sentiment and take it elsewhere. Hopefully the software solution is just that, though some reports from beta testers seemed to indicate they had the same volume issues, if I'm not mistaken. I "trolled" various threads because I didn't get help that got me up and functioning properly, even with tickets and posts on some threads. My feeling is, if I post on a related thread, maybe a mod will see and help, or another person reading on the thread who is more knowledgeable may be able to help, since previous attempts hadn't yielded any results. And, if checking on information at various related threads and posting my questions/comments is trolling, guess I'm a troll. Been called worse :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #1,157 of 1,658
dude, as far as I'm concerned- you are a PAYING CUSTOMER of LH Labs.
as are many of us.
to be ignored is not acceptable.

ok, it's one thing to post off-topic to a thread - but the fact is, if your tickets are ignored and the customer support guys don't respond-
screaming from the (public) mountain tops has been the only thing to get action from them.
for months.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,158 of 1,658
When a customer has been waiting months for help and hasn't gotten any, politeness and decorum go out the window. Under the circumstances, this is perfectly acceptable and normal customer behavior imo. I think he has shown a lot of restraint by not blowing his top at this point.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,161 of 1,658
Look I agree that the volume issue needs to be taken care of, and it should have been resolved a LONG time ago. Agreed.

But I'll make something clear... if someone tries to implode my unrelated thread with spam and then mischaracterize what they did, who I am, and what I said I'll call them out on it in a second!

I'm a fair guy and by all means make your issues known, and scream loudly if you have too. I'll support you on this 100% if you are professional and put it in the right places. The only way this is going to get the visibility it deserves if it is posted in the right place, and everyone jumps in on it, and follows up on it as long as it takes until there is resolution. Why isn't there one uber thread on this over there? I'd like to see that! My thread and the SE have nothing to do with the volume control bug, the beta s/w, or JRMC. I understand that some of you are frustrated but lets focus the energy where it's gonna be productive. I'm just glad that I'm a Mac user and never touch the VC buttons or the 3D thingy otherwise I'd be pushing hard on these issues too!

Sincerely,

Junker

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,162 of 1,658

God forbid.

LOLWUT! That makes about as much sense as I posted on a Berkeley Audio DAC thread. You realize that the SE product that isn't even out yet...and by the time it is it will most likely have this new firmware installed? There are much better places to ask questions where others may be able to see it and respond to issues with related products, customer support, the software player, and the firmware beta program?

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,164 of 1,658
OK, I'll stay off the thread if that's important to you (and yes, I have posted on Geek Out threads, the problem threads, the threads at Head Fi, sent tickets, etc). Again, I wasn't railing particularly about the GO 1k or it's other models...I was expressing concern that the SE would have the same problems (wouldn't that be relevant on an SE thread?), as I've bought that model, and from what I understand it works the same way as the regular GO, but with upgraded parts (correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, since it hasn't been released yet, and no one knows for sure how this plays out, there isn't a SE Problem thread to post to, only threads anticipating the SE. If I rained on people's parade, don't mean to, but is no one else worried that the same problems plaguing the GO will plague the SE? Believe me, I want to plug it in, and listen in Audio Nirvana, but my experience so far with the GO1K and the various attempts at help leave me a bit nervous. But, seems I'm bringing down the future owners of the SE (again, I'm one...I'd love to have smooth sailing, great sound, no problems...it's what I expected the 1st time).

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #1,165 of 1,658
OK, I'll stay off the thread if that's important to you (and yes, I have posted on Geek Out threads, the problem threads, the threads at Head Fi, sent tickets, etc). Again, I wasn't railing particularly about the GO 1k or it's other models...I was expressing concern that the SE would have the same problems (wouldn't that be relevant on an SE thread?), as I've bought that model, and from what I understand it works the same way as the regular GO, but with upgraded parts (correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, since it hasn't been released yet, and no one knows for sure how this plays out, there isn't a SE Problem thread to post to, only threads anticipating the SE. If I rained on people's parade, don't mean to, but is no one else worried that the same problems plaguing the GO will plague the SE? Believe me, I want to plug it in, and listen in Audio Nirvana, but my experience so far with the GO1K and the various attempts at help leave me a bit nervous. But, seems I'm bringing down the future owners of the SE (again, I'm one...I'd love to have smooth sailing, great sound, no problems...it's what I expected the 1st time).

I take back what I said when it comes to cases like this. Shrieking like a banshee is only allowed for products you own.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,167 of 1,658
This is getting silly, I'll not post on it again, not going to change anything anyway, hopefully the SE comes and I'm all smiles :gs1000smile:

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,169 of 1,658
I can hope...and keep my mouth shut for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back