LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Aug 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #946 of 1,391
  Still waiting on my Geek Out V2a upgrade order 3031.  I shipped it on July 2nd to the Reserve Drive address in Roseville that was popping up on their website at the time.  It arrived there on July 5th and then took 11days for USPS to reroute.  I was assured by Manny 6 weeks ago that I wouldn't be penalized for believing the links on the website (which Manny had corrected AFTER I complained about it on July 5th).  No responses yet to various emails or support tickets in the past several weeks (but my online support registration at LH Labs has had problems for months which I also had requested assistance with and received no responses).  If anyone at LH Labs is listening, please get back to me on here or at Ranthor1@aol.com.

Their Customer Service is horrible. A friend of mine had to actually dispute the charges on his card because LH Labs (despite repeated promises) would not refund him. He said it's only the second time in his life he's had to dispute a charge.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #947 of 1,391
  got mine yesterday in the mail, but didn't have time to play before i had to go somewhere.
today, i plugged it into my linux pc with my old etymotic er4p and, voila, music.

i'm burning it in now, as i have somewhere else to go.
eventually, this one goes in my 2TB car music server.

short update:
i have the GO2A working with a Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE for my car music server system.
i previously had the GO2 with an odroid u3 micro-pc running a squeezebox servier and squeezelite player.
i decided to replace this with the Sonic Orbiter SE for simplicity (i.e. don't have to deal with linux updates, etc).
last step is to add a micro-wifi-router later today and put the whole thing back in my car's glovebox, which i have wired with 2 5V usb connections.

some non-sound-related observations so far:
1.  the sonic oribiter SE does not have the current to run the GO2A directly from its usb connection.  therefore, i use a Y power cable to separately power the go2a
2.  the go2a does run pretty warm, but my setup has a fan since the glovebox is a closed space.
3.  so, far, i am unable to get the sonic obiter SE and go2A to work with an uptone audio regen in between.  i expect this is a linux powering up sequence issue and i may (or may not) experiment with this later.

------doorbell just rang, amazon just delivered the TP-link wireless N nano router (TL-wr802n), so time to put it all together and restore sound to my car.

pix to follow

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #949 of 1,391

Thanks friend.  At this point, I would be willing to forfeit the money spent and get my Geek Out V2 back even without the upgrade.  I have a sinking feeling that it might not be returned.  I do have a Jitterbug which seemed to improve the sound on the DragonFly V 1.2 and ifi Nano DSD.  If I ever get a chance to use it on the V2 or V2a I'll let you know my impression.

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #952 of 1,391
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #953 of 1,391
  Has anyone used the Geek Out V2 or 2A or V2+ with the Audioquest Jitterbug? Thoughts or impressions if so?

haven't done it yet, but i plan to test that in my car music server system (5vdc derived from car 12v)

too bad my car setup is not balanced as the balanced sound is really nice.

worth the wait (assuming you had something else to play with in the interim, which i did)

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #954 of 1,391

So I just got an update from LH Labs on FB Messenger and it seems like they have the end in sight for all the updates. They mentioned they have another 100 ready to ship, and will be finished all the upgrade orders within the next 10 days. My order was 3140, so I'm going to assume mine will be near the end as I placed my order on the last day of the deal.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #955 of 1,391
My upgrade order # is 3040.  It's been 6 weeks since they received my 2A for upgrade.  No response to multiple emails and support tickets asking for status.  There's a reason they don't have their phone # published anywhere!  I called my CC issuer this morning to dispute and reverse the charge.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #956 of 1,391
Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the end result of this upgrade. It was a rough, bumpy road to get here but the end justified the means, IMO. Or maybe I got lucky. This is my new main headphone driver, while the V2 and 450 have been put on desktop/main system duty.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #957 of 1,391
Gotta hand it to LH Labs, this new GO2A is a million times better than the GOV2. The case and everything just feels so much better built. Heres hoping it lives forever with no troubles. 

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #958 of 1,391
  My upgrade order # is 3040.  It's been 6 weeks since they received my 2A for upgrade.  No response to multiple emails and support tickets asking for status.  There's a reason they don't have their phone # published anywhere!  I called my CC issuer this morning to dispute and reverse the charge.

My order is 3031 and I heard that they thought they might be sending it later next week.  I am not betting on this but I finally got responses to messages left in a number of places to different individuals.  They might not even notice the reversal of credit card charges from you but I'd hate for you to wait all this time and then leave them with a reason to not return your V2 (presuming that they have already started work on upgrading it).  The V2 is worth much more than the money paid for the upgrade fee.

They do have a message number that I actually got a phone response from a few months ago (after several calls to both their Roseville and Berkeley numbers).  I believe the response came from my call to their Roseville number as it was from Manny. 

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get your upgraded V2a soon!   I know how frustrating this can be as I and many others are in your shoes as well!

10600 Industrial Ave, Suite 120
Roseville, CA 95678
Voicemail: (888) 842-5988
Email: info{at}lightharmonic.com

2120 University Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704
Voicemail: (510) 545-9886

Users who are viewing this thread

Back