LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Aug 13, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #931 of 1,391
  got mine yesterday in the mail, but didn't have time to play before i had to go somewhere.
today, i plugged it into my linux pc with my old etymotic er4p and, voila, music.

i'm burning it in now, as i have somewhere else to go.
eventually, this one goes in my 2TB car music server.

Does it come in the original V2 box or did they update the box too?

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #935 of 1,391
Mine literally just arrived before work this morning. For anyone interested in pictures, follow the link: http://imgur.com/a/tFwux

This thing is incredibly detailed --- it's more laid back than the V2, almost putting it at borderline boring to listen to but it's so detailed. Everything is very defined and the background, as others have stated, is like pitch black. I'm listening to "Dear Diary" by the Moody Blues and I swear to God I'm hearing the studio equipment in the background. I'm hearing some clicking like the tracks are switching I've never heard before and I'm also hearing what literally sounds like the tape reel spinning as it records.

Thanks to @Larry Ho for the upgrade!

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #941 of 1,391
Got a reply on my ticket that my GO2A has shipped.

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #942 of 1,391
Aug 16, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #944 of 1,391
Order # 3053 on July 2nd.

I must say, this things gets pretty toasty.  Could cook eggs on it

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #945 of 1,391
Still waiting on my Geek Out V2a upgrade order 3031.  I shipped it on July 2nd to the Reserve Drive address in Roseville that was popping up on their website at the time.  It arrived there on July 5th and then took 11days for USPS to reroute.  I was assured by Manny 6 weeks ago that I wouldn't be penalized for believing the links on the website (which Manny had corrected AFTER I complained about it on July 5th).  No responses yet to various emails or support tickets in the past several weeks (but my online support registration at LH Labs has had problems for months which I also had requested assistance with and received no responses).  If anyone at LH Labs is listening, please get back to me on here or at Ranthor1@aol.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back