LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Jan 14, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #256 of 371
Which do you think is the better phone and why (partially on sound). The V50 with the ESS DAC or the V50S with the Qualcomm DAC?
TBH im not an expert but as far as my experince goes, the v30 and v50 dac feels are vetter than the v50s, v30 and v50 are very similar in sound signature as well as power, it may be just a hunch but i feel is that v30 had a little more warmth and oumph for the bass than the v50 and v50 had a feeling of a little wider soundstage than the v30, onto the v50s, it feels like a bit more cold than both that's why i use v50 as a daily driver for music. They are very much similar to me can say a really small difference but thats for sure the v50s is a bit colder than both just a tiny bit, if i had to pick my favorite it would be tha v30 b&o play tuned one. If your planning to buy the v50s note that these diffeences are REALLY SMALL, if you were to focus really hard, then maybe youll find the difference or this maybe due to QC varitaion idk. But anyways they are all great

In conclusion cant go wrong with either they all make the listening experince to a whole new level if you dont own external dacs and amps.

Jan 15, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #258 of 371
thanks i went with the V50S as the seller had better rankings and the 5G will work on UK frequencies

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #259 of 371
Sorry, but I missed something ... why some who have android 10 try to bring it back to 9 on the V50? What changes? Thank you.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #260 of 371
Native DSD support, which is gone on Android 10.
And the MQA playback on the Tidal app, i think.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #262 of 371
For Amazon hd music? Any difference?

Feb 23, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #263 of 371
I have LG V50 with A10, wishing for 11. It plays DSD files. No problems.

Sure it *plays* the DSD files.. but it converts them to PCM to do it which is completely counterproductive for this format. Straight from Davy's mouth: everything DSD after Android 9 is converted on LG phones.

Either LG or Google in their infinite wisdom killed native DSD playback after Android 9.

That's why I still have a V40 on Android 9 which I will keep there at all costs (or at least until I get a Fiio M17). These phones are resolving enough to easily tell the difference DSD vs PCM.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #264 of 371
For Amazon hd music? Any difference?
Guess there's still up sampling to 48kHz, through android mixer, without a proper music player app.

So Tidal, Amazon Music and so on isn't bit perfect without UAPP, Poweramp and such.

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #265 of 371
I agree. Unfortunately, you should use UAPP with LG V50 to get maximum quality. TIDAL, Amazon Music HD, Apple Music and Quobuz are limited to Android 48 kHz. The problem is that streaming music services through UAPP are only TIDAL and Quobuz, and the interface and options available for these streaming services are limited (for example, Tidal is not updated with new songs and lists like the app)...I contacted TIDAL several times regarding MQA support for LG V-series mobiles in their app, but without success (TIDAL sounds better with MQA under UAPP).

Mar 3, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #266 of 371
Hi, I bought an unlocked V50 Sprint in deals, but I have a problem. The message it gives me is "MCM client requests are processing" and therefore does not use the sim. Can I use ADB to remove Sprint programs from my smartphone or do I risk the brick? If they have unlocked the phone why is it still looking for confirmation from Sprint to work? Has the same thing happened to any of you? How did you solve? Thank you.

Mar 17, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #267 of 371
Hi, I bought an unlocked V50 Sprint in deals, but I have a problem. The message it gives me is "MCM client requests are processing" and therefore does not use the sim. Can I use ADB to remove Sprint programs from my smartphone or do I risk the brick? If they have unlocked the phone why is it still looking for confirmation from Sprint to work? Has the same thing happened to any of you? How did you solve? Thank you.
Hi,
In my case, every time I reboot it searches for sprint network for a few minutes before it recognizes my sim and gets going. I just need to ignore this at first and then it just let's go.
But it happens every time I reboot.

May 19, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #268 of 371
I think I'm in bit-perfect mode on UAPP but when I go to setting/sound/notification sound and I still can hear notification sound mixed with music.
Does it mean bit-perfect mode is not working?
(on UAPP i have HiRes driver flags = Direct, bit perfect mode=on)

May 19, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #269 of 371
Hi, I bought an unlocked V50 Sprint in deals, but I have a problem

Good luck getting this to work on any cellular network. It was meant for Sprint and when they merge/crashed, the phone became pretty much useless. But even the 5G is a meager first generation version

I tried to get to work on T-Mobile but I ended up having to have one network setting for text/data and another for phone calls (one was automatic and one was 4G/5G). I eventually got tired of it all and just use it for a great media player--probably the best V phone feature-wise they ever made.

Jun 14, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #270 of 371
I finally had the chance to briefly audition V50 in France. I met a seller specifically for this. The blueish pwm crappy display struck me from the start. I used Sennheiser HD 599 SE, which triggers high impedance mode. I played a 24/192 file and V10 was everything the V50 isn't - tighter, better controlled, fuller and more analogue sounding. The difference was so big that I stopped listening. LG music apps on bith phones were used. From memory, even my G7 Thinq was noticeably more refined and detailed than V50. I don't understand how anyone could praise V50 for being analogue. It was thinner, digital sounding. Awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back