LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Jun 14, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #271 of 367
I finally had the chance to briefly audition V50 in France. I met a seller specifically for this. The blueish pwm crappy display struck me from the start. I used Sennheiser HD 599 SE, which triggers high impedance mode. I played a 24/192 file and V10 was everything the V50 isn't - tighter, better controlled, fuller and more analogue sounding. The difference was so big that I stopped listening. LG music apps on bith phones were used. From memory, even my G7 Thinq was noticeably more refined and detailed than V50. I don't understand how anyone could praise V50 for being analogue. It was thinner, digital sounding. Awful.
Is it eu version that limit volume?

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #273 of 367
I have LG V50 with A10, wishing for 11. It plays DSD files. No problems. The UAPP.
Android 12 for lg v50 by end of June, if facts correct, can;t wait, i had a10 on v50, it didn't ruin sound at all, having a11, still sound perfect

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #274 of 367
I finally had the chance to briefly audition V50 in France. I met a seller specifically for this. The blueish pwm crappy display struck me from the start. I used Sennheiser HD 599 SE, which triggers high impedance mode. I played a 24/192 file and V10 was everything the V50 isn't - tighter, better controlled, fuller and more analogue sounding. The difference was so big that I stopped listening. LG music apps on bith phones were used. From memory, even my G7 Thinq was noticeably more refined and detailed than V50. I don't understand how anyone could praise V50 for being analogue. It was thinner, digital sounding. Awful.
Excuse me, but in what you write there is a lot that does not convince me ... let's start by saying that a seller who after all this time has a new example of V50 makes me more than a suspect about the quality of the device. We continue to say that there are two possible reasons because you did not find the listening satisfactory that perhaps add up ... the first could be the lack of synergy between the sennheisers you used and the V50 and the second could easily refer to the defect of that specific unit you tried. I own a V20, a V30 and a V50 and I can assure you that of the three the V50 has the most natural and extended sound ... I don't know what you mean by analog sound (probably something that looks like the sound of my first series Shanling M6) but the V50 has a spectacular sound. Of course I have never dreamed of connecting it to the HD660s or HD800Ss I own ... if I may, I would like to give you some advice ... the next time you have the chance to try a V50 avoid connecting it to Sennhheiser headphones but get a pair of Mest MKII and trust me, you will be left with everything you wrote about the V50. The V50 with excellent iem is heart attack ... but it is not difficult for me to believe that, when connected to headphones like the Sennheiser, it is not excellent (as it is) ... you have practically tested a Ferrari on an off-road circuit.

Jun 18, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #275 of 367
Listening to Music Inspired by The Snow Goose by Camel with the Mest MkII and the V50 is a once in a lifetime experience that everyone should have.

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #276 of 367
I've heard that there is an adapter you can use with the LGV50 to unlock high gain mode, is that even real lol

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #277 of 367
I've heard that there is an adapter you can use with the LGV50 to unlock high gain mode, is that even real lol

I think you might have seen those 2.5 to 3.5 or 4.4 to 3.5 adapter or cable extender from various manufacturer.

Those adapter can be used to trigger Aux mode. The reason, easy, when you plug the adapter without earphone, it means that your circuit is not complete because it doesn't have any load so what will happen, LG will detect it as infinite ohm. and cause an aux mode which is more Vrms than normal mode. That's enough to power IEM at least.

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #278 of 367
If you want to test how LOUD it can go driving headphones or IEM's (please don't with IEM's, you have been warned) then you can do so with headphones with detachable wires to the cups simply disconnect the RHS wire or both cups if the headphone has a single detachable cable to one cup at the cup(s) and then plug the headphone 3.5mm plug into the V50 this will give you aux mode.

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #279 of 367
I think you might have seen those 2.5 to 3.5 or 4.4 to 3.5 adapter or cable extender from various manufacturer.
I'm using a ddhifi 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, does that mean AUX mode is permanently on whenever I use it with my iem?

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #280 of 367
I'm using a ddhifi 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, does that mean AUX mode is permanently on whenever I use it with my iem?

1. If you want aux mode, you need to plug adapter first without headphone. then play some music. then attach your can into.
2. If you attach both adapter and earphone together at once and play music. you will get normal mode. you can perceive at in the same volume scale, aux mode louder and more bass than normal.

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #281 of 367
1. If you want aux mode, you need to plug adapter first without headphone. then play some music. then attach your can into.
2. If you attach both adapter and earphone together at once and play music. you will get normal mode. you can perceive at in the same volume scale, aux mode louder and more bass than normal.
Ohhh that's so interesting, tsk for the tips man

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #282 of 367
Thanks for sharing your opinion. You may think low of my headphones, but connecting them to my Yulong D200 makes them shine. Testing the V50, I also used the unique Focal Listen with a 75 ohm adapter by Dunu. Unconvincing too. Get a V10 and you may want to discard the digitally sounding V50 in the bin. V10 was much easier to listen to, fun and detailed, with natural, analogue timbre and better bass. V10 delivered with HD 599. I have tried HD820 with it and was unimpressed for the price. Connecting HD820 to the unique Xduoo Link2 Bal was unconvincing too. As for the display, being a pro photographer enables me to always see the differences.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #283 of 367
Let's start from the end ... the fact that the display is exaggerated to blue is a fact, but I solved the problem by setting the blue in the color correction to a minimum and using warm color temperature. I don't have to use it to do photoshop ... but this means that you evaluate the V50 in all its aspects and therefore you should also do it for the V10 or am I wrong? The V50 destroys the V10 on pretty much everything ... processor, operating system, battery, design, display, memory, speed, usability, upgrades, form factor, material quality, durability, and last but not least the price.
I got the V50 for 250 euros (new) ... how much did you pay for the V10?
I paid 349 euros for the V20 already very discounted and it was a bargain, the V50 I paid a hundred euros less.
Then you keep connecting things that I would never connect to a V50 starting with the 75 ohm adapter ... and then you want to evaluate how it sounds after having mortified it in this way only to reach its maximum power (useless for any iem) . I tell you that I am using it with always excellent IT07 with the only care to connect first to the V50 an adapter like the one they give you with the iBassos and then to the iem (aux mode) and I repeat that for me it sounds fabulous. Last thing ... do you compare it with a desktop dac ... (Yulong D200) which is 900 euros on ebay? Ok, so take the Yulong around in this heat and use it with closed headphones like the ones you list. I don't want to argue ... but to clarify.

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #284 of 367
Jun 26, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #285 of 367
I've already bought two and waiting for a V30 as well to give to my daughter.
And I gave away a V60 mainly due to its impractical size.
Just can't find a smartphone alternative to v-series.
To bad they are discontinued.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back