Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #2,929 of 5,166
Omg
Does That means than v50s doesn’t has quad dac and it has random audio chip??

V50S has 32bit Quad DAC, just that the DAC is not from ESS Technology. LG V and G series typically has DAC audio chip from ESS, and the phones' marketing info will also show ESS logo.

However, this time round, the V50S is marketed as having 32-bit Quad DAC,but the marketing info does not have ESS logo. So i was getting suspicious and went to dig a bit more on the net and read that the DAC is from Qualcomm (though i cannot remember where is the source)

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,931 of 5,166
V50S has 32bit Quad DAC, just that the DAC is not from ESS Technology. LG V and G series typically has DAC audio chip from ESS, and the phones' marketing info will also show ESS logo.

However, this time round, the V50S is marketed as having 32-bit Quad DAC,but the marketing info does not have ESS logo. So i was getting suspicious and went to dig a bit more on the net and read that the DAC is from Qualcomm (though i cannot remember where is the source)

Thx
Does it means that v50s Qualcomm don’t go to 384 kHz and do not support dsd?

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,937 of 5,166
Nex S is still more expensive than Nex Dual Display , even if the later is more recent (maybe because of its HiFi segment ?)

Performance wise , it's still a top tier smartphone.

That's because nex s has ceased production but still have demand. The price in aliexpress is always high.

Need to find second hand one. In my country, we sell second hand like $250.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,939 of 5,166
Ok , so Dual Display is still manufactured ?

How much is second handed Black / 256 Gb version ?

Brand new is around 600 €.

I don't see in second hand market much for nex dual display. Latest second hand one I saw was 480 EUR back in May.

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,940 of 5,166
Hi,
Korean seller answered me that LG V50 can read MQA and lgv50S can read both MQA and dsd.

Do you guys can certify this?
V50s is more expensive than v50 so I am kinda suspicious that they just try to get me buying the most expensive product

Since v50 is ess chip and v50s qualcom I would have think the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back