Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Dec 5, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #2,912 of 5,166
Additional weight, additional device. :wink:

Dec 5, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,913 of 5,166
Alright, would be nice if you have the opportunity try new oppo in comparison, I’d like the have another opinion on these phones audio. Asian phone brands seem to care about enjoyable audio on their devices especially in a warm and dynamic way which I like too.

Anyway I bought lgv50 with dual screen for 700€ today, it’s really expensive to me but I think it might be a good investment. It might arrive in more than a month :frowning2:

Then vivo xplay6 or nex s is your final answer.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #2,914 of 5,166
I wanted to go I a way like, maybe new chinese phones or worldwide phones could comes out and would probably get better or equal to x play6 and S and if someone have given a try to those releases. Just like xplay 6 ,s havebeen picked the best after being compared to older leader phones in audio.

Obviously LG v50 and LG v50s share the same dac, right?
I might finally get the v50s which is a non négligeable improvement . It’s like it can never be easy for me ah

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #2,915 of 5,166
I wanted to go I a way like, maybe new chinese phones or worldwide phones could comes out and would probably get better or equal to x play6 and S and if someone have given a try to those releases. Just like xplay 6 ,s havebeen picked the best after being compared to older leader phones in audio.

I might finally get the v50s which is a non négligeable improvement . It’s like it can never be easy for me ah

That's fine. Life is trial and error. Have fun.

Dec 8, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #2,916 of 5,166
That's fine. Life is trial and error. Have fun.

I am looking to acquire a 5G phone. T-Mobile has supposedly rolled out 5G in USA. I say supposedly as I haven't tried it for myself, though my little community is specifically mentioned in their list.. I live in a a quite rural area. Currently have LG G7 Thinq. When I try to find the difference between LG V50 and LG V50s, the difference seems to be that the "s" is always mentioned as having a 32 bit HiFi DAC ( 32-bit/192kHz audio) and the non "s" is mentioned as having QUAD DAC with 384 kHz and DSD. Both mention "tuned by Meridian". I would sure think both support MQA. The 384kHz and DSD are not important to me. Are there any other differences related to sound reproduction? The screen size and resolution differ. The "s" is much less money, but I am not sure it will even work on T Mobile. The "s" isn't just for the Korean market is it?
Kindest Regards, Garry.

Dec 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #2,918 of 5,166
Got myself a Razer phone 2 during Cyber Monday deal, was impressed by the USB-C dongle that they provided no doubt it may not be as good as the ones recommended here in Head-Fi but it still provide me enough detail.

The only cons I have with this phone is that they cheap out on lossless bluetooth codec (No aptX/aptX-HD, AAC, LDAC, etc). Placement holder for codec was in the development setting but non-functional.

Cheers. :sunglasses:

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,919 of 5,166
I haven't seen the LG V50s selling anywhere. Can someone put the link here please.

is it called LG G8X?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #2,920 of 5,166
I am looking to acquire a 5G phone. T-Mobile has supposedly rolled out 5G in USA. I say supposedly as I haven't tried it for myself, though my little community is specifically mentioned in their list.. I live in a a quite rural area. Currently have LG G7 Thinq. When I try to find the difference between LG V50 and LG V50s, the difference seems to be that the "s" is always mentioned as having a 32 bit HiFi DAC ( 32-bit/192kHz audio) and the non "s" is mentioned as having QUAD DAC with 384 kHz and DSD. Both mention "tuned by Meridian". I would sure think both support MQA. The 384kHz and DSD are not important to me. Are there any other differences related to sound reproduction? The screen size and resolution differ. The "s" is much less money, but I am not sure it will even work on T Mobile. The "s" isn't just for the Korean market is it?
Kindest Regards, Garry.

My thoughts are lgv50s seems to be an upgrade from lgv50 such as ram who jumps to 8 from 6 and stockage who jumps to 256 from 128, the second screen tool power has been improved to v50s screen resolution has been downgraded to match the dual screen one, front facing camer has been is now a 32k mp instead the two on the v50 and the rear zoom camera has been removed

I think the audio segment of the v50s be exactly the same as the v50 like the LG v30 has the same than the LG v35?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #2,924 of 5,166
I haven't seen the LG V50s selling anywhere. Can someone put the link here please.

is it called LG G8X?

LG V50S has the same hardware specs as LG G8X, except that V50S has 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. V50S is for Korea market.

One more thing, the Quad Hifi DAC for V50S is not ESS Sabre DAC, but Qualcomm's own Quad DAC

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #2,925 of 5,166
LG V50S has the same hardware specs as LG G8X, except that V50S has 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. V50S is for Korea market.

One more thing, the Quad Hifi DAC for V50S is not ESS Sabre DAC, but Qualcomm's own Quad DAC

"One more thing, the Quad Hifi DAC for V50S is not ESS Sabre DAC, but Qualcomm's own Quad DAC"
Thank you. That is what I have been trying to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back