LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #361 of 371
Lg V50 support LDAC and APTX HD
The V50 support's both APTX & APTX HD and it also supports LDAC.this is what i use
The V40 support's all the above AND MQA
BUT! You MUST stay on Android 9 to get support for MQA or DSD because it was dropped from Android 10 and above.
Also one last thing, Android 11 & above seems to have some sort of bug/issue supporting 24bit & above over Bluetooth!
I'm not 100% sure the reason for this and how it actually functions because i stuck with Android 10, i wanted Android 9 due to having over 250GB of DSD but my V50 was had Android 10 out the box!
So my advice to anyone is to turn off auto updates and stick with Android 9 or 10 preferably 9 if you can!
I'm actually thinking of getting a V40 for this reason?
Hope this helped👍

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #362 of 371
The V50 also supports DSD and MQA just stay on Android 9... in fact I have two LG V50s still with Android 9. :wink:
Other than that the V50 has much better battery life than the V40.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #363 of 371
The V50 support's both APTX & APTX HD and it also supports LDAC.this is what i use
The V40 support's all the above AND MQA
BUT! You MUST stay on Android 9 to get support for MQA or DSD because it was dropped from Android 10 and above.
Also one last thing, Android 11 & above seems to have some sort of bug/issue supporting 24bit & above over Bluetooth!
I'm not 100% sure the reason for this and how it actually functions because i stuck with Android 10, i wanted Android 9 due to having over 250GB of DSD but my V50 was had Android 10 out the box!
So my advice to anyone is to turn off auto updates and stick with Android 9 or 10 preferably 9 if you can!
I'm actually thinking of getting a V40 for this reason?
Hope this helped👍
The V50 also supports DSD and MQA just stay on Android 9... in fact I have two LG V50s still with Android 9. :wink:
Tks you very much, sir !
I have v50 but on android 12. I will downgrade to android 9 to get DSD and MQA back ♥

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #364 of 371
Exactly 👍
Unfortunately my V50 was on Android 10 out the box which I was REALLY gutted because i had the V40 & G7 before and the V50 IS a MUCH better phone all round!
I would love a V50 on Android 9 due to my collection of DSD and am actually thinking of downgrading to the V40 for this reason 🙄
But would absolutely LOVE a V50 on 9😀
One last thing to mention?
The V60 dropped support for LDAC which is why i wi not buy it due to using LDAC with different TWS,Ear Hooks, Bluetooth Cable's ect

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #365 of 371
Tks you very much, sir !
I have v50 but on android 12. I will downgrade to android 9 to get DSD and MQA back ♥
Please PLEASE tell me how you get on downgrading to 9?
It's not that simple you need to find ROM's and connect the phone to a computer and if I'm not mistaken their is a possibility of bricking the phone, so please be VERY careful 👍

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #366 of 371
Xin vui lòng cho tôi biết làm thế nào bạn có thể hạ cấp xuống 9?
Không đơn giản đến thế đâu bạn cần tìm ROM và kết nối điện thoại với máy tính và nếu tôi không nhầm thì có khả năng điện thoại sẽ bị brick, vì vậy hãy RẤT cẩn thậ
Chính xác👍
Thật không may, chiếc V50 của tôi đã chạy trên Android 10 và tôi THỰC SỰ rất thất vọng vì trước đó tôi đã có V40 & G7 và V50 LÀ một chiếc điện thoại RẤT NHIỀU!
Tôi rất thích V50 trên Android 9 do bộ sưu tập DSD của tôi và thực sự tôi đang nghĩ đến việc hạ cấp xuống V40 vì lý do này🙄
Nhưng chắc chắn sẽ YÊU một chiếc V50 vào ngày 9😀
Một điều cuối cùng cần đề cập?
V60 đã ngừng hỗ trợ LDAC, đó là lý do tại sao tôi sẽ không mua nó do sử dụng LDAC với các loạiTWS, Móc tai, Cáp Bluetooth khác nhau, v.v.
Tks for infor. I will bring my phone to repair shop, they can downgrade or upgrade android version ♥

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #367 of 371
Ok i did not know this, which country are you located in?
I'm in the UK and not sure if our repair shops have this service? But I will try.
Thanks for the heads up👍

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #368 of 371
Really need some help guys?
All of a sudden my V50 has started playing up and buggy!
Each letter i type with the keyboard is lagging and browsing websites is REALLY slow and my battery seems to be draining fast when I'm using the phone despite having "good battery health"
I'm thinking it is because i am still on Android 11 and constantly being promoted i have a new software update available?
The thing is i don't want to upgrade due to losing more hi-fi related features!
I lost DSD & MQA when i accidentally upgraded to Android 11🙄
What I'm worried about upgrading is losing Bluetooth 24bit/196kz support because i use my iFi Go Blu and NeoBuds Pro for commuting so don't want to loose these hi-res but/sample rates!
Can anyone help who has upgraded to Android 12 and tell me are you still getting these hi-res rates when streaming Tidal FLAC & UAPP?
Thanks in advance for your help it's much appreciated 👍

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #369 of 371
I have two LG V50s that have never been updated and they are still Android 9 so full functionality for native DSD decoding and compatibility with MQA files. They are simply very fast. Do not update and if you have done so, try (if possible without risk) to go back to Android 9.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #370 of 371
I have two LG V50s that have never been updated and they are still Android 9 so full functionality for native DSD decoding and compatibility with MQA files. They are simply very fast. Do not update and if you have done so, try (if possible without risk) to go back to Android 9.
Hey thanks for getting back to me really appreciate it.
Yes i was on 9 for about a year and had auto update turned off and then one day my phone battery totally died so i plugged it in and when i come back to it a couple hours latter i turned it on and hey presto it was on Android 11!
I was absolutely pissed cos I have nearly a terabyte worth of DSD files with many R2R & Vinyl ripes!
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to get it back to 9 but im an total nightmare with computers and have no idea how to do it!
Anyway, once again thank you for taking the time to reply🤣

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #371 of 371
Hey guys me again🙄 Lol
Im trying to connect my "Genuine" SanDisk Memory Stick full of Hi-res music files to my LG V50 Thinq(korean) via the SanDisk Memory Zone App but it does not seem to recognise it!
I had a g7 before the V50 and I know I had it working before but for the life of me cannot remember if it was on the V50 or G7?
Also, no matter what i try i cannot find ANY OTG in settings!
So my question is can anyone confirm OTG/Pen Drives work with the LG V50 Thinq(korean version)
Thanks in advance guys this is REALLY important to me and any tips/work arounds would be much appreciated also? 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back