LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Dec 20, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #228 of 371
hey guys quick question here, hope anyone could answer, does the v50 supports a 3.5mm balanced jack?
Nope, SE only. Yet to see a smartphone with a balanced jack.
If you are confused of the three pole 3.5mm jack, the other is for your microphone.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #230 of 371
Thanks! I only have Focal Listen Pro and Sennheiser HD 599SE. I am saving for Focal Clear, as I audiotionez dozens of headphones. So no high-end stuff to require the best source. Would you say that the detail and bass are better on the V50, is the change over G7 worth it? I only have vinyl rips in 24/192 and some DSD. As I don`t like the PWM screen and speakers on the V50, I`d buy it only for the sound, not to use as a phone. On the other hand, Anandtech states that the colour accuracy on G7 is atrocius, and as a pro photographer, I agree - HTC 10 is much better, display-wise. V60 is 2-3 times more expensive than V50 (both refurbished). I searched for Meizu and Vivo, and could not get one. So, the million dollar question is just how better is V50 than G7? I own a V10, and G7 definitely has more detailed, balanced sound. I sent it back, since it had a problem, and bought a refurbished US version on sale.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #231 of 371
Thanks! I only have Focal Listen Pro and Sennheiser HD 599SE. I am saving for Focal Clear, as I audiotionez dozens of headphones. So no high-end stuff to require the best source. Would you say that the detail and bass are better on the V50, is the change over G7 worth it? I only have vinyl rips in 24/192 and some DSD. As I don`t like the PWM screen and speakers on the V50, I`d buy it only for the sound, not to use as a phone. On the other hand, Anandtech states that the colour accuracy on G7 is atrocius, and as a pro photographer, I agree - HTC 10 is much better, display-wise. V60 is 2-3 times more expensive than V50 (both refurbished). I searched for Meizu and Vivo, and could not get one. So, the million dollar question is just how better is V50 than G7? I own a V10, and G7 definitely has more detailed, balanced sound. I sent it back, since it had a problem, and bought a refurbished US version on sale.
Well the g7 imo have the better screen if were not talking about color accuracy, its very vibrant and dynamic, the whites are also super good and I think better than the v50, but yeah color accuracy is too bad even after tinkering display settings even on expert mode, blue and red are so exaggerated and cannot be corrected. Speakers on g7 is marginally better and louder, v50 speakers are poorly tuned by meridian (idk why the went into this kind of tuning) but it can be fixed by eq easily.

As for sound quality, Bass have a more flatter response on the g7 while the v50 really digs deeper in lower frequencies could be a bit much for some songs but it sounds good for me, midrange on the v50 is a little subdued on presentation, while the g7 vocals is more prominent. Treble is somewhat artificial and a little grainy on the g7, In my test track I could hear that is also kinda sibilant. v50 treble is smoother yet retains every detail. In terms of soundstage the v50 have a better depth and may also sound a bit wider due to the v50 freq response, but as I said earlier, resolution wise both are the same. The g7 may represent microdetails better due to how it was tuned, but it sounds more 2-dimensional vs the v50s more 3-dimensional presentation. So with that said, its really up to you on what technical aspects and sound signature you consider as better for you. For a casual listener both phones deliver exceptional sound quality.

Btw, the g7 volume stepping is different, had to put my v50 volume to 32 while g7 to 30 to volume match. Tested using lg stock music app to avoid added coloration.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #234 of 371
Dec 31, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #236 of 371
Your response is 100% incomprehensible. Please straigthen up and fare right.
To clarify, I asked if the v50 is compatible on a 3.5mm balamced jack. Someone said NO. And then you replied YES when it is not as other users are saying

So whats incomprehensible about that, maybe please try reading the whole thread again?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #238 of 371
Thanks, fortunately I cancelled my order for a balanced 3.5mm cable.. But what if I tried to plug in a balance 3.5mm on my v50? Will it still make a sound? Like 1 side only or straight out no sound?
It makes no difference to the audio whether you use a SE or balanced 3.5mm connector. I use a balanced extension adapter with both normal phones and in line mic'd phones. Both work perfectly, but it's not a balanced output, the 4th pin is for the mic, same as the 3.5mm jack on a laptop or PC.

Dec 31, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #239 of 371
So, the million dollar question is just how better is V50 than G7?

The g7 may represent microdetails better due to how it was tuned, but it sounds more 2-dimensional vs the v50s more 3-dimensional presentation.
I second that. In fact G7 (tuned by Bang & Olufsen) is precise, but "colder", while V50 (tuned by Meridian) is "warmer". So if you like a bit warmer presentation, buy a V50 (or G8x if you are in Europe)! You won't receive a step up in quality, but more of a side grade.

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #240 of 371
B&O and Meridian here, and can't hear difference, though i like both, hehe, technical death metal and psychedelic rock sounds mindblowing, i cannot stop listening, and it's even without UAPP. True, 3.5mm jack is better v50 > v30, more tight, of course v30 is very old now, and jack is much looser, also i don't think i want to give away or sell v30 either, camera still nice, sound is nice, and 4G speeds reaching 100mbps, and CPU is damn fast too : P

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220105_135358.jpg
    20220105_135358.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back