LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #304 of 371
Good to know: now I know where I can sell it before it gets too far removed :)

Still a great phone--in my opinion it's LG's best due to the flush camera and at least minimal 5G support.

And yeah just before they got just ridiculously giant-sized with the audio lacking V60...

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #306 of 371
That is strange, I THINQ that V60 surpasses V50 in every way, as far as audio. I guess people hear differently...I remember people praising V60 about the analogue bass, I got similar observations. After auditioning V50 and G7... The V60 is closest to the V10, but still cannot match it.

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #308 of 371
My only problem with the V60 is it's too damn big! 6.4 inch screen of the v40 and v50 is as far as I'm going to go having to carry it around in my pocket all day.

That's another thing no one will agree on: how big is too big a phone?

I think Sony were the last company that made honestly pocket-friendly "name brand" phones with the Compact series. I have an S10e (AFAIK samsungs last "small" phone) and even that can feel annoyingly large at times.

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #309 of 371
I downgraded my V50 to Android Pie just to see if sound was tuned better on Pie. It wasn't. I was re-flashing my phone anyway to latest Korean A12 40d version so I though I'd try Pie first before going back to Android 12. So only the DSD decoding thing is different in the later android versions. My phone is rooted and I do think installing the magisk mod Narsil does improve things. I tried NLSound as well but that didn't see to do anything good.

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #310 of 371
I think Sony were the last company that made honestly pocket-friendly "name brand" phones with the Compact series. I have an S10e (AFAIK samsungs last "small" phone) and even that can feel annoyingly large at times.
Hey! How to get in touch with You? Can You send me a PM? I need advice on Plenue S

May 8, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #312 of 371
Any more information about android 13 release for the V50 and V50S?
I am hoping they are not abandoning us with this last major update.
I've heard several times that there will be no further updates for the V50/s G8 etc.

I have the Korean variant V50 and I'm hoping they might make an exception for that one because LG did in fact upgrade the Korean V20 to A9 and left all the other US/EU variants on A8. It's a very small hope but it's something.

May 27, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #313 of 371
Hi, Just found this thread and wanted a bit of advice?
I’ve just purchased a V50 and it’s on its way, i read that updating to Android 10 will destroy DSD & MQA in UAPP! This is VERY bad for me because i have 2 256GB SD cards full of DSD rips from Vinyl & R2R which i listen to regularly.
Also, my streaming platform is Tidal so MQA is very important.
My question is, how can i guarantee that automatic update is not activated when first setting up the phone and updating to the latest Android “on set-up”
Also, i have read many different spec sheets on the interweb which contradict each other with one saying the V50 has Android 9 and another saying Android 10! Which one does it have?
I’m very sorry one last thing? “IF” my V50 does turn out to ship with Android 10 how do i downgrade to 9? As you can tell I’m not very good with mobile phone operating systems and if I’m correct it’s an absolute nightmare to do?
Thanks in advance for your help it’s much appreciated👍

May 27, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #314 of 371
Hi, Just found this thread and wanted a bit of advice?
I’ve just purchased a V50 and it’s on its way, i read that updating to Android 10 will destroy DSD & MQA in UAPP! This is VERY bad for me because i have 2 256GB SD cards full of DSD rips from Vinyl & R2R which i listen to regularly.
Also, my streaming platform is Tidal so MQA is very important.
My question is, how can i guarantee that automatic update is not activated when first setting up the phone and updating to the latest Android “on set-up”
Also, i have read many different spec sheets on the interweb which contradict each other with one saying the V50 has Android 9 and another saying Android 10! Which one does it have?
I’m very sorry one last thing? “IF” my V50 does turn out to ship with Android 10 how do i downgrade to 9? As you can tell I’m not very good with mobile phone operating systems and if I’m correct it’s an absolute nightmare to do?
Thanks in advance for your help it’s much appreciated👍
the v50 was born with android 9, so no problem, as soon as you turn it on the first time, don't connect it to the wifi/lte but go directly to where the software is updated and uncheck the automatically detect software update and restart it. That's all :wink:

May 27, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #315 of 371
the v50 was born with android 9, so no problem, as soon as you turn it on the first time, don't connect it to the wifi/lte but go directly to where the software is updated and uncheck the automatically detect software update and restart it. That's all :wink:
Fantastic thank you i really appreciate it,
Sorry to be a pain but as i said im SOOO bad with phones, audio fantastic, phones/computer/software terrible!!
Iv only ever gone through the whole process of setting up the phone as soon as iv turned it on,connected to interweb and gone through the process until its complete.
I get what you mean by not letting it connect to wifi but once iv pressed dont connect to wifi how do i then get into the setting to turn of auto update? Also, once i have turned it off how do i restart it so it just doesnt go back to the whole beggining and then when i connect it to wifi auto update is still on?
Sorry my freind i apologise for being so dim & think and thank you in advance for the help i appreciate it VERY much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back