1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.
First

Back
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
Next

Last
  1. sabloke
    Screenshot_2019-03-11-18-23-35.png Screenshot_2019-03-11-18-24-33.png Screenshot_2019-03-11-18-26-28.png

My settings in USB Audio Player Pro: External Audio DEvice (triggered by connecting a 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced adapter), reduce amp by -3dB and Bit Perfect MQA. Playing on Noble K10, amazing sound from a second hand phone. Just make sure you delete all apps that are not for musing playing and deactivate all notifications for a blissful musical experience. The phone will also move faster and there's going to be plenty of room for your music :). While you're in tweaking mode, disable screen animations, too. Turn that old fellow into an absolute audio beast!

An impedance adapter example below. Go for the 75 Ohm unit, it will always trigger High Impedance Mode and it won't ruin sound too much if you chose to leave it inserted.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DUN...3d-4927-a4b8-926e35cfd2c8&transAbTest=ae803_4

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. williamclarkonet
    Love it! Yeah I got mine second hand to but I rooted it and got rid of all the crap on it and it sounds wonderful

3. sabloke
    Got my Sony Z1R cans at the office and boy the V20 drives them nicely! High Impedance mode triggered by the headphones, lows are utterly delicious, so is staging and the highs. Unreal value for a second hand phone!

4. doctorjuggles
    Struggling a bit to get the V20 to talk properly to my Chord Mojo. I'm using Jet AudioHD and also trying to get it to work properly with the Hiby music player app.
    Outputting regular lossless 44.1kHz files and tried a few mp3/aac files as well, yet the power button is showing up as green (96kHz). I have Hiby settings on "Native" for USB output, while the Jet AudioHD app doesn't have any configurable USB output settings. So it seems the V20 is upsampling the files before outputting, very strange.

On the odd occasion when it has connected and registered as 44.1kHz, the music has had a very strange clicking/clipping sound. Anyone experiences anything like this? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what

5. doctorjuggles
    Reading through this thread and I've got this far - does anyone know if this is a definitive list and if there have been updates to it? Such a long thread and I'm struggling to find the info I'm after!

6. milford30
    One of the very few ways to get the best quality out of android phones to external dac, is UAPP on bit perfect mode. They use their own drivers skipping android upsampling, it's instantly noticeable, sounds much fuller and hiss drops to zero. Money well spend, I have not been able to (also looking) get around android sound processing without it.

andrewski and doctorjuggles like this.
  7. doctorjuggles
    Ah great news, I'll give that a try. Looks like the interface is a bit clunky but as long as it works well, I can live with that
    Makes me wonder why, if they can figure it out, no other apps use a similar method to generate a bit perfect signal. I assume its been discussed ad nauseum though
    Thanks for the advice

andrewski likes this.
  8. zaqqwerty
    How does xduoo xd_05 compare to lg v20?

9. Stewthebaseheadaudiofile
    The AptX site clearly lists the V20 as being both AptX and AptX HD compatable as well ad several other Hi if sites that less you search which Bluetooth codecs work on which device...they all say it works with 3 bluetooth codecs including the AptX and AptX HD so backwards compadability should not even be an issue. Its the morons like the dude who claims you must see a special AptX sign to know you are using it, that set us back to the stone ages and his stupid post cost me a few hours of researching that cost me snagging a V30 and can now only find a V20, so it had better f'n work.

How is this guy questioning this seriously it says clearly right on the AptX website it works on both AptXnand AptX HD that it works on both plus one more???

My Defenetive Technology Symphony 1's only have AptX so this whole discussion angers me. Why would LG make an audio file grade phone and leave off the main, most common bluetooth codecs at the time...??
    Remember in 2017 there was really only AptX headphones at the time with soon to follow AptX low atency LLAC and the Sony version??

Can we finally put does this V20 have AptX question to bed?

10. Stewthebaseheadaudiofile
    The AptX site clearly lists the V20 as being both AptX and AptX HD compatable as well ad several other Hi if sites that less you search which Bluetooth codecs work on which device...they all say it works with 3 bluetooth codecs including the AptX and AptX HD so backwards compadability should not even be an issue. Its the morons like the dude who claims you must see a special AptX sign to know you are using it, that set us back to the stone ages and his stupid post cost me a few hours of researching that cost me snagging a V30 and can now only find a V20, so it had better f'n work.

How is this guy questioning this seriously it says clearly right on the AptX website it works on both AptXnand AptX HD that it works on both plus one more???

My Defenetive Technology Symphony 1's only have AptX so this whole discussion angers me. Why would LG make an audio file grade phone and leave off the main, most common bluetooth codecs at the time...??
    Remember in 2017 there was really only AptX headphones at the time with soon to follow AptX low atency LLAC and the Sony version??

Can we finally put does this V20 have AptX question to bed?

11. LightBlue77
    wireless audiophile sound? don't think so.

12. Stewthebaseheadaudiofile
    Its clearly getting very close now...yes near audiophile

13. shahkhan
    I'm trying to connect my usb dac using otg cable to my V20(oreo updated), but no luck. No otg option in settings. Same dac is connected easily on other phone with nougat 7. Any solutions??

14. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Try connecting thru a powered hub.
    Play tru HibyMusic (its free).

15. Freefallr4545
    Looks Great Bad A$$

williamclarkonet likes this.
First

Back
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
Next

Last