LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.

1. zachchen1996
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07/31/lg-says-v20-will-released-september-android-7-0/

It's official!

- Expected to release in September
    - First phone to launch with Android 7.0 Nougat
    - First phone with a built-in 32-bit DAC

Will definitely be interesting to see how it compares to the V10, ZTE Axon 7, & HTC 10.

2. musicday
    First phone to use Android 7.0 Nougat should be the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 which is launching tomorrow in New York.

3. zachchen1996

​I hope the Note 7 will run Nougat out of the box, but I heard it'll most likely still come with Marshmallow. xP

4. Sound Eq
    interested

5. Onitsuka
    I'm not really believe the sound can be much more improved anymore. It can be more power effective. It should has better screen and better software, battery. SQ? Po-tay-toes & po-tah-toes to v10.

6. HipHopScribe

That's an odd claim. The V10 has a 32-bit DAC, and I believe some other phones have as well.

7. zachchen1996

​Well, we'll find out when it comes out!

8. zachchen1996
  9. musicday
    Hope it will have FM radio and OLED screen.

10. Sound Eq
    hope they do not use sabre dac

11. HipHopScribe

Why?

12. Sound Eq
    i found that sabre dacs usually have a sound signature that is brittle and thin, and not full bodied and musical as other dacs

fluidz likes this.
  13. Onitsuka
    Sabre is a good balanced between power consumption and SQ, hence a lot of portable player manufacturers choose them. Anyway, I prefer BB and AKM over Ess though.

14. Imsorrywallet
    Lg v20 to have a 32 bit quad dac, that must support their "first in a cell phone" claim

15. yang2910
    What does they meant by quad dac? Does it means that it have four dac chip in it?