Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Oct 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #723 of 1,075

Quote:
There's a mute feature? How does one engage it?

You know the volume pot. You press it in and it will engage the mute feature. I was surprised about it as well and found it out from a fellow headfier on this very thread (quite early on). BTW what happened to the page editor. At first I noticed I had to right click in order to use it (which I kinda liked) and now there seems to be no access to it. I really hate these changes they are implementing to the site.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #724 of 1,075
You know the volume pot. You press it in and it will engage the mute feature. I was surprised about it as well and found it out from a fellow headfier on this very thread (quite early on).

Whoa...

Thanks!! I've wished it had a mute feature for some time now.

Turns out it does. lol

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #725 of 1,075

Quote:
Whoa...
Thanks!! I've wished it had a mute feature for some time now.
Turns out it does. lol

Your Welcome :) The amp still impresses me still to this day. Coincidentally all my IEMs/Headphones benefit from that extra clarity on the mids, plus it really doesn't add anything extra in general other than a tiny hint of warmth. Benefits the IE8s especially since the cable took away a lot of its warmth.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #727 of 1,075
I just got my unit with the 209 opamp which I plan to use as a DAC/amp in office and will also use as portable amp in my planned future portable rig.  First impression is this unit is tiny!  Plus I like how there's nothing that sticks out like those big volume pods or flip switches.  It sits well and great for the small office desk, and I'm finally freed from the horrible 5 year old on board sound card on my office desktop.  The DAC is quite sufficient for my intended use, and so far I can tell the amp is warmer and has a nice punchy bass to it when it drives the UM2.  Unit is probably not as fashionably finished as say the Pico Slim or the Arrow but for 100 dollars cheaper I think it's perfectly justified.  Nice little unit and I think it would serve my uses well.  I was looking for a slim all-in-one and was thinking of the TTVJ Slim but was put off by the price tag, this little unit on the other hand was a lot easier to justify in comparison.  Great little recommendation on the forum. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #728 of 1,075

Keep us posted. The magic should really set in after she burns in :wink:
Quote:
I just got my unit with the 209 opamp which I plan to use as a DAC/amp in office and will also use as portable amp in my planned future portable rig.  First impression is this unit is tiny!  Plus I like how there's nothing that sticks out like those big volume pods or flip switches.  It sits well and great for the small office desk, and I'm finally freed from the horrible 5 year old on board sound card on my office desktop.  The DAC is quite sufficient for my intended use, and so far I can tell the amp is warmer and has a nice punchy bass to it when it drives the UM2.  Unit is probably not as fashionably finished as say the Pico Slim or the Arrow but for 100 dollars cheaper I think it's perfectly justified.  Nice little unit and I think it would serve my uses well.  I was looking for a slim all-in-one and was thinking of the TTVJ Slim but was put off by the price tag, this little unit on the other hand was a lot easier to justify in comparison.  Great little recommendation on the forum. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #729 of 1,075

Quote:
I like the UHA4 so much that I am so tempted to buy the UHA6s

That was exactly my rationale; after reading so many great things about the UHA-4 i decided to go for the UHA-6 for an extra $60. I am VERY happy with it. Built quality is exceptional, SQ through the OPA209 offers excellent clarity & dynamics. If there's better sound to be had from a $259 portable amp, then i'm simply not aware of it...

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #730 of 1,075

Quote:
That was exactly my rationale; after reading so many great things about the UHA-4 i decided to go for the UHA-6 for an extra $60. I am VERY happy with it. Built quality is exceptional, SQ through the OPA209 offers excellent clarity & dynamics. If there's better sound to be had from a $259 portable amp, then i'm simply not aware of it...

And there's the rub - we need a gifted DiYer to build the Objective 2, post his total costs and then compare it with every other amp under $450. If nwavguy agrees that another amp has better performance at <= $450, their charity will be $500 richer. Get cracking. 
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #731 of 1,075
I have ordered the UHA-4 with OPA209 and have been reviewing the User Manual for this amp and noticed some peculiar wording in the warranty:

Quote........The UHA-4 comes with a Full 2-Year Warranty which covers the
cost of repairs (parts and labor) within the first six months after
original purchase date.......Unquote

What happens after the first 6 months???  Is it a 2 year warranty or 6 months warranty???

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #732 of 1,075
Probably a misprint or old language that wasn't updated. The 6 user guide says within the first two years after original purchase. Or maybe you have to buy him beer to fix the 4 after six months!

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #734 of 1,075

Quote:
Can anyone chip in on the difference between the 2stepdance and uha4(209 opamp)?Since both wuld be using the same opamp :)

I should point out that while the OPA209/2209 is a superb audio opamp that I often use in certain Topkit combinations, its sound will be influenced by circuit differences in different amps.   Differing degrees of impedance, capacitance and inductance all have an influence on the final sound that you hear in your phones.  

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #735 of 1,075

Quote:
I should point out that while the OPA209/2209 is a superb audio opamp that I often use in certain Topkit combinations, its sound will be influenced by circuit differences in different amps.   Differing degrees of impedance, capacitance and inductance all have an influence on the final sound that you hear in your phones.  

That's correct.  I can only say the AD8610 sounded the same to me in both the UHA4 and UHA6S but I have only heard the OPA209 in the UHA6S and not the UHA4.  So take that for what it's worth.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back