Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Apr 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #61 of 1,075
If I didnt own the T3, and I had more IEMs, I'd probably be interested in a slimline amp at this price - I definitely liked some aspects of the TTVJ Slim and its a lot more expensive - but there is no getting around the fact that bigger amps sound bigger. This definitely has all the ingredients for a blazing FOTM portable though, and I look forward to hearing more.

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #63 of 1,075
Do they accept international orders? Sent them an email but no reply as of yet.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #64 of 1,075
How is the UHA-4 when cell phones are close? I get noise every once in a while with my current dac/amp when my phone is too close and the reception changes.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #65 of 1,075
is there any proper review about this amp in this forum? this thing seems very underrated
confused.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #68 of 1,075
Hopefully it'll sound as good as i hope it will be, just placed my order

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #70 of 1,075
^Nice.  Looking forward some additional impressions of this.  Especially if you guys have any full size cans with a bit larger impedances, seeing how they work with it...  I know it's designed for low imped. and IEMs, but would be nice if to see if it can do a decent job with fuller sized or harder to drive cans. 

Even w/o, the amp already sounds mighty tempting and small enough to throw in the bag and use with my laptop as a DAC or Clip; dimensions much more portable than my current D10, which I can just then leave at home and use a DAC for the PC...  Aarrrgh, why are there so many attractive toys in this hobby!?  Poor wallet.  Subscribed.

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #71 of 1,075

Quote:
^Nice.  Looking forward some additional impressions of this.  Especially if you guys have any full size cans with a bit larger impedances, seeing how they work with it...  I know it's designed for low imped. and IEMs, but would be nice if to see if it can do a decent job with fuller sized or harder to drive cans. 

Even w/o, the amp already sounds mighty tempting and small enough to throw in the bag and use with my laptop as a DAC or Clip; dimensions much more portable than my current D10, which I can just then leave at home and use a DAC for the PC...  Aarrrgh, why are there so many attractive toys in this hobby!?  Poor wallet.  Subscribed.

Leckerton also has a couple or three other amps that should do well with higher impedance cans from what I can see.  I wish I could test drive the UHA-4 with some higher impedance cans, but it seems my tastes are always best suited to cans that are low impedance, such as the D7000's, quads and other iem's, my soon to be decided on an purchased portables, which are likely HD25-1's (70 ohm) or Beyer T50p's (30ish ohms).  Someone out there must have a pair of HD650's or something to try out with one of these...

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #72 of 1,075
As soon as I have the chance, I will write a comparative review of the UHA-4 against the Alo Rx, RSA shadow, T3.... excited to get it!

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #74 of 1,075
Look forward to it Teke, It will be very interesting to see how a $169 amp compares to the amp in the $300-$400 range.   

Cliff,  How does the sound differ from your headphones when they are directly connected to your DAP vs when you add the amp.  What impresses you most there, what are you hearing different ? ..

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #75 of 1,075
Hello Cliff,
there is a lot of hiss with the JH5 and the Leckerton ?
And no hiss with W4 ?
It seems very strange... My UM3-X are more sensitive than W4 and I am worried about hiss with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back