LDII++ still popular?
Dec 14, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanna get one of the older Little Tubes, hopefully they come up cheap since the MK series is out!

Doubtful.
redface.gif

That will only happen if the new MkII completely trumps the LDII-series in sound quality. My quess is that the new MkII series is not so much a quality upgrade than a ease-of-manufacturing upgrade (looks to me like there are fewer parts and a cleaner lay-out on the PCB). What's most likely to happen is that people will find the MkII to sound different but not necessarily better... that's my speculation.
redface.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #32 of 76
anyway, i think LD is going to empty the old stock of LD2++ first and then send out the new MKII

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #33 of 76
Here is the latest posting from Little-Tube about the new MKII:

LD MK II is a low level product of MK series,compared to the old LD II, LD MK II have improved following:

1, Using the SEPP single-ended push-pull circuit, the output dynamic range and sound quality better than old LD II which using the cathode output circuit.

2, Components optimization: ALPS-16 Potentiometers, NICHICON capacitor, WIMA / ERO coupling capacitance, etc.

3, The new circuit design greatly reduced the unit heat.

4, Secondary oxidation process makes the machine hull more smooth and feel better.

5, Revised the pre-amp. circuit reduces the output impedance, with a load capacity of more.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #34 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2, Components optimization: ALPS-16 Potentiometers, NICHICON capacitor, WIMA / ERO coupling capacitance, etc.

LOL!
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/lit...-ld-ii-188547/
"The different parts [between the LDII and LDII+] including passive components like upgraded capacitors, upgraded volume control and added preamp capability with the LD II+ make it difficult to isolate changes in sound. There is a new ALPS 16 volume pot on the LD II+ that is said to track left and right channels more evenly than the unit on the LD II."

How many times can you upgrade the ALPS-16 pot?

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #35 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL!
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/lit...-ld-ii-188547/
"The different parts [between the LDII and LDII+] including passive components like upgraded capacitors, upgraded volume control and added preamp capability with the LD II+ make it difficult to isolate changes in sound. There is a new ALPS 16 volume pot on the LD II+ that is said to track left and right channels more evenly than the unit on the LD II."

Ow, I have no idea. Are there different qualities of them? Do they upgrade them every so often? I'm clueless!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #36 of 76
Quote:

everytime a new model comes out.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #37 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everytime a new model comes out.
biggrin.gif

LOL! Is it like revision 1, rev 2, rev 3..... ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #38 of 76
Quote:

Here is the latest posting from Little-Tube about the new MKII:

LD MK II is a low level product of MK series,compared to the old LD II, LD MK II have improved following:

1, Using the SEPP single-ended push-pull circuit, the output dynamic range and sound quality better than old LD II which using the cathode output circuit.

3, The new circuit design greatly reduced the unit heat.

4, Secondary oxidation process makes the machine hull more smooth and feel better.

5, Revised the pre-amp. circuit reduces the output impedance, with a load capacity of more.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

MkII pricing is up on Little-Tube. Here it is:

$159 plus $39 shipping to USA, Canada, Australia, and most of Asia
$159 plus $45 shipping to most of Europe, Middle East, and South America.

biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

MkII pricing is up on Little-Tube. Here it is:

$159 plus $39 shipping to USA, Canada, Australia, and most of Asia
$159 plus $45 shipping to most of Europe, Middle East, and South America.

biggrin.gif

Wow, it's gonna be a hit.
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #40 of 76
Quote:

Wow, it's gonna be a hit.
wink.gif

I agree! With the improvements and new tube rolling options and the price, the MKII will most likely become a favorite! Now if the review Gods would just send me one!
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #41 of 76
Wow, an updated version of LD2++ (MKII). I wonder if it still retains the liquid warmth that I so enjoyed with the Ld2+. Someone should definitely test it. But up to this point, I'd say yes, the LD2++ is still quite popular for beginners into headphone amps. That might change, however, with the release of MK2.

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #42 of 76
I was swapping emails with David Z at little-dot about the MKV I ordered. He told me everyone there is very excited about the MKII release. They have limited quantities of the LDII++ left and the MKII should be out very soon. I hope someone can get their hands on one for a review. Many new to HeadFi folks are not getting the word about both of the units!

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #43 of 76
Quote:

I was swapping emails with David Z at little-dot about the MKV I ordered. He told me everyone there is very excited about the MKII release. They have limited quantities of the LDII++ left and the MKII should be out very soon. I hope someone can get their hands on one for a review. Many new to HeadFi folks are not getting the word about both of the units!

In the likely event (due to the different circuit topologies used) that the MkII's sonic characteristics turns out to be significantly 'different' than that of the LDII++, perhaps the LDII++ will become another collector's item in much the same way of LDII+ is shaping out to be. Only the LDII++ can only be even more desirable given its proven reliability.
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #44 of 76
Quote:

In the likely event (due to the different circuit topologies used) that the MkII's sonic characteristics turns out to be significantly 'different' than that of the LDII++, perhaps the LDII++ will become another collector's item in much the same way of LDII+ is shaping out to be. Only the LDII++ can only be even more desirable given its proven reliability.
wink.gif

It'd be real tempting to buy a couple of II++'s and never open the boxes.
The MKII is a great addition to the LD line, I believe it to be a MKIII-lite and a step forward in detailed amps at affordable prices. LD is moving forward in a great way.

BUT, the DHT lushness of the LDII series is gonna' be gone forever. Google the prices of Directly Heated Triode Amps. Looked awhile? Yeah, pricey huh?

Those little amps will be jewels for a very long time. For what they actually are, they have no competition.

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #45 of 76
Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negatron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be real tempting to buy a couple of II++'s and never open the boxes. The MKII is a great addition to the LD line, I believe it to be a MKIII-lite and a step forward in detailed amps at affordable prices. LD is moving forward in a great way.

BUT, the DHT lushness of the LDII series is gonna' be gone forever. Google the prices of Directly Heated Triode Amps. Looked awhile? Yeah, pricey huh?

Those little amps will be jewels for a very long time. For what they actually are, they have no competition.

I think you are both correct on many levels. With the MKII's ability to use the same tube set as the LDII++ and then switch to the newer set used by the MKIII & MKIV, users will be able to closely mimic either unit, while creating less heat (gotta love those LDII++ room heaters!). Testing is moving forward fellas, the MKII is in the house!! Happy New Year!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back