LCD-X and XC Update
Feb 2, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #2,657 of 2,722
No it has more, but on the gras measurements it’s the other way around. Is it because the x has less ear gain, that you perceive the bass more?
A frequency response must be read as a whole, if by measuring two different headphones, with the same low band, one has more incisive high mids, you automatically perceive it with less bass than the other.

the LCD-XC has an almost flat frequency response in the KU100 measurement which, to have a more balanced signal, must have a decay of 3dB Slope starting from 1000Hz, for this reason the LCD-X which has this decay, is more balanced and automatically with more incisive bass

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #2,658 of 2,722
A frequency response must be read as a whole, if by measuring two different headphones, with the same low band, one has more incisive high mids, you automatically perceive it with less bass than the other.

the LCD-XC has an almost flat frequency response in the KU100 measurement which, to have a more balanced signal, must have a decay of 3dB Slope starting from 1000Hz, for this reason the LCD-X which has this decay, is more balanced and automatically with more incisive bass
But technically the lcd x has not more bass are im understanding right??

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #2,659 of 2,722
But technically the lcd x has not more bass are im understanding right??
It depends on the listening volume, with the same sound pressure of the low band, the highs of the LCD-XC being more forward, will make you perceive less bass, while the LCD-X being more relaxed and balanced, will allow you to enjoy its bass .

Below are the two measurements of LCD-X and LCD-XC measured with KU100, the blue line is the target line

LCD-X.png

LCD-XC.png

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #2,661 of 2,722
But why did they use ku100 measurements in the first place when they are inaccurate??
They are not imprecise, or rather they are if you need to compare them with the target curves of the GRAS system, but if interpreted in the right way they can be more than useful. If I wanted to equalize them obviously I cannot compare them with Harman target, but with a simple straight line with decay like the blue line in the graphs.

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #2,662 of 2,722
They are not imprecise, or rather they are if you need to compare them with the target curves of the GRAS system, but if interpreted in the right way they can be more than useful. If I wanted to equalize them obviously I cannot compare them with Harman target, but with a simple straight line with decay like the blue line in the graphs.
Which information is more precise when taken into account??

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #2,665 of 2,722
Which information is more precise when taken into account??
There is no measuring kits that are precise when it comes to headphones, don't even go there.
However, the information obtained can be useful, if one stops fantasizing.
The good:
- Distortion levels across the band
- Resonances
- crude guide for EQ
- general frequency response, peaks and nulls
- comparison to other headphones
The Bad:
- use for precise EQ
- Assumption of accurate frequency response
- small changes to seating, has large effects on frequency response curves obtained

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #2,666 of 2,722
There’s a lot to catch up on with what pads work well with LCDX but, I’d just like to ask up front what your favorites are? I currently use the new stock pads on LCDX with the stock sound. Never been crazy about EQing, I enjoy experiencing the stock sound of headphones.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #2,667 of 2,722
There’s a lot to catch up on with what pads work well with LCDX but, I’d just like to ask up front what your favorites are? I currently use the new stock pads on LCDX with the stock sound. Never been crazy about EQing, I enjoy experiencing the stock sound of headphones.
What LCD-X do you have the pre 2021 before the modification or the later 2021 with the less fazer bars & thinner membrane ?

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #2,668 of 2,722
What LCD-X do you have the pre 2021 before the modification or the later 2021 with the less fazer bars & thinner membrane ?
The updated 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back