LCD-X and XC Update
Dec 18, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #2,251 of 2,722
LCD-XC 2021 EQ 16 Band Revision 12-05-22

@X-Frame,

It was a bit painful and I had to use broad strokes and there are a few minor dips and peaks mostly in the highs which you said you cared less about. On casual listen it sounds the same as my more detailed EQ so I think you'll be pleased. You've got to be super anal (like me, haha!) to notice any differences. I've left everything below 700Hz the way it was so the bass is unchanged. It was a fun challenge!

-snip-

To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 6 to taste then change Pre-amp value back to -0.1.

I read you're using SoundSource so you have to enter the values manually. Just ask if you don't understand what the EQ abbreviations mean.

Thanks for your interest in my EQ! I hope you like it!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Hi Jonne, just wanted to pop back in and say I finally got around to loading your EQ you tailored to me and SoundSource's 16-band limitation and think it sounds great! I love the juicy thick bass it produces, really helps out a lot of the rock and metal that I listen to without the highs being painful or fatiguing.

I see in your titles you refer to the LCD-XC -- I have the X, does this still apply fine?

Also can you clarify this, "To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 6 to taste then change Pre-amp value back to -0.1." -- does this mean if I wanted to for example increase Filter 6 by 1.0 db, I would need to increase the Pre-Ap by -1.0 db?

Dec 18, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,252 of 2,722
Hi Jonne, just wanted to pop back in and say I finally got around to loading your EQ you tailored to me and SoundSource's 16-band limitation and think it sounds great! I love the juicy thick bass it produces, really helps out a lot of the rock and metal that I listen to without the highs being painful or fatiguing.

I see in your titles you refer to the LCD-XC -- I have the X, does this still apply fine?

Also can you clarify this, "To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 6 to taste then change Pre-amp value back to -0.1." -- does this mean if I wanted to for example increase Filter 6 by 1.0 db, I would need to increase the Pre-Ap by -1.0 db?
Hi X-Frame,
I'm glad you're enjoying the EQ!

The EQ for the XC does not apply to the X. They have very different frequency responses.

The reason I stated that you should change your pre-amp value back to -.01 is to avoid clipping if you increase the bass. Essentially you would be doing this if you increased Filter 6 by 1.0dB and then increased the Pre-amp by -1.0dB. So yes you are correct.

Blessings,
-J

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #2,253 of 2,722
Shout out to Andrew @ Audeze customer service. Had a minor thing w my LCD-X.

My customer experience was more like what I'd expect if i was a well known mixing and mastering engineer, instead of the unknown one that i am 😁.

I got taken care of beyond what i expected or asked for, and it was done quick with parts sent out, arriving on my doorstep Christmas eve.

Heck yeah Audeze.

Dec 31, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #2,258 of 2,722
I need recommendation for an amp or amp/dac combo for my new lcd-x 2021. Auditioned them today on a Voilectric V226 and liked what I heard.

coming from Hd600 and Woo Audio 3 if that tells you anything 🙂
Why seek a recommendation?

Jan 1, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #2,260 of 2,722
Why seek a recommendation?
So the audioscientologists can't accuse him of expectation bias?

j_accuse+1938+poster.jpg

Unfortunately, if you confirm his suspicion, they will be able to accuse him of confirmation bias. Sometimes you just can't win :D

Jan 1, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #2,261 of 2,722
I need recommendation for an amp or amp/dac combo for my new lcd-x 2021. Auditioned them today on a Voilectric V226 and liked what I heard.

coming from Hd600 and Woo Audio 3 if that tells you anything 🙂
Thats kind of a loaded question... what is your budget.. do you want desk top or portable or both... For portable the ifi selections work very well with the LCD-x21, like the Diablo or the idsd Signature .... both work well but the advantage goes to the Diablo as its a true balanced output... but the idsd is nice as it has the bass and 3d options that can add to the LCD sound sig... as to desktop.. again its pretty much to what is your budget... one option I like is the Burson Audio DAC/AMPS ... every single one of their amps work well with the LCD-X21 .... and whats nice about them is the fact that you can adjust the sound sig of their amps by rolling the opamps....
Personally depending on the budget I'd max out the power from the amps... not that the LCD-x21 needs a lot of power but if you do get a more powerful amp then if you get other headphones that require more power then you have that covered... I don't know if you like EQ or not.... but at least give it a shot, I think you can surprise yourself how well the LCD-X21 scale with proper EQ... its not that you are correcting something bad with the LCD-X21 more than it is that you are enhancing the sound sig to make your investment even more enjoyable... it takes a hour or two time investment to understand the Peace EQ program but once you get the hang of the program then its pretty easy... hope this helps with your question

Jan 1, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #2,262 of 2,722
Thats kind of a loaded question... what is your budget.. do you want desk top or portable or both... For portable the ifi selections work very well with the LCD-x21, like the Diablo or the idsd Signature .... both work well but the advantage goes to the Diablo as its a true balanced output... but the idsd is nice as it has the bass and 3d options that can add to the LCD sound sig... as to desktop.. again its pretty much to what is your budget... one option I like is the Burson Audio DAC/AMPS ... every single one of their amps work well with the LCD-X21 .... and whats nice about them is the fact that you can adjust the sound sig of their amps by rolling the opamps....
Personally depending on the budget I'd max out the power from the amps... not that the LCD-x21 needs a lot of power but if you do get a more powerful amp then if you get other headphones that require more power then you have that covered... I don't know if you like EQ or not.... but at least give it a shot, I think you can surprise yourself how well the LCD-X21 scale with proper EQ... its not that you are correcting something bad with the LCD-X21 more than it is that you are enhancing the sound sig to make your investment even more enjoyable... it takes a hour or two time investment to understand the Peace EQ program but once you get the hang of the program then its pretty easy... hope this helps with your question
😵‍💫

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #2,263 of 2,722
Thanks for your reply and good info. I went out and borrowed a Burson Playmate 2. Initial impressions are good. Using Roon 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back