LCD-X and XC Update
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #976 of 2,723
Hi bro, may I know which date you ordered on audeze website ? Since i asked audeze cs and they told me it will take more then 2 months for LCX XC shipment.
I don’t think there is any necessity to order direct from Audeze. If you can find a retailer that has an XC in stock they should be able to tell you the serial number or tell you if it is one of the new ones

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #979 of 2,723
Does the clamp force get better over time? Noticed they were pretty tight yesterday. Also, any good EQ settings for Peace? Currently using Resolve's for the XC
If the clamp force feels too tight try adjusting the headband one notch bigger on each side. The higher up you wear them, the more the headband tends to pull inwards because the angle.

Sep 6, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #982 of 2,723
Got a question for those of you who have the HD6xx or 650 which are cans with a narrow sound stage, how does the sound stage of the XC compare to those headphones since I've read in many reviews that the XC's sound stage is above average for a closed back, the 6xx stage is like a closed back at least to me lol.

Sep 7, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #983 of 2,723
For owners of the LCD-XC, do you hear any issues with cup resonances ? I normally only buy open backs, but the XC appears to be an amazing closed back headphone.
I am enjoying my "new" 2019 LCD-XC Bubingas.
I do not hear any resonances and rate these headphones very high for sound quality, imaging, and sound stage. I use a 4.4mm balanced cable out of my Fiio M11Pro, running Tidal with no EQ.

Sep 7, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #984 of 2,723
Thanks for the input. I am currently looking at the LCD-2 closed, LCD-2, LCD-X, and LCD-XC. I am going into this blind though, as I have never had the chance to hear any of these 4 headphones. The only Audeze I have heard is an LCD-2C, which a friend of mine owns. I thought it was a good headphone, but the highs were too rolled off for my taste.

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #985 of 2,723
Thanks for the input. I am currently looking at the LCD-2 closed, LCD-2, LCD-X, and LCD-XC. I am going into this blind though, as I have never had the chance to hear any of these 4 headphones. The only Audeze I have heard is an LCD-2C, which a friend of mine owns. I thought it was a good headphone, but the highs were too rolled off for my taste.

The LCD-X would be the safe bet.
However, if you prefer a closed headphone, and are really into discovering all the micro details, then the XC wins and it has a nice soundstage.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #987 of 2,723
The LCD-X would be the safe bet.
However, if you prefer a closed headphone, and are really into discovering all the micro details, then the XC wins and it has a nice soundstage.
I am usually not a fan of closed backs, as cup resonances cause discomfort inside my ears. In doing research though, it appears that the XC does not suffer from any resonance issues. I am no longer looking at the LCD-2 closed or the LCD-2. It is now between the LCD-X and LCD-XC. I want this to be the last headphone I ever buy. I am also now looking at the LCD-3 as well.

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #988 of 2,723
I am usually not a fan of closed backs, as cup resonances cause discomfort inside my ears. In doing research though, it appears that the XC does not suffer from any resonance issues. I am no longer looking at the LCD-2 closed or the LCD-2. It is now between the LCD-X and LCD-XC. I want this to be the last headphone I ever buy. I am also now looking at the LCD-3 as well.
If this is meant to be an ‘endgame’ headphone, you owe it to yourself to audition them I think. Or at least purchase from somewhere that has a return policy. I thought I would love the Hifiman Arya… nope!

I own a 2021 LCD-X, and am very happy with them! I compared them to a number of headphones, if it’s helpful, below:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audeze-lcd-x.16788/reviews#review-26346

From my understanding, the X has moderately less upper mids than neutral, thus sounding darker and smoother. The XC has slightly more upper mids than neutral, making them sound slightly bright. I also believe the XC is heavier.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #989 of 2,723
If you are planning on making this purchase be 'the last headphone you ever buy', then you are on a good path. In my opinion the build quality of the Audeze LCD series is second to none. They also sell replacements for the parts that might wear out (Pads, headband) at reasonable prices. This is a huge consideration for me, when I am spending a significant amount of money on headphones (or anything else), build quality, serviceability and longevity is of equal concern to the sound quality. If you prefer a neutral-bright leaning tuning and amazing detail, you should look to the LCD-XC. If you prefer neutral-dark and a little more relaxed sound LCD-X is your likely answer. Between these two it is more about if you need closed back or not. As others have said here, the soundstage on the LCD-XC is better than most (probably all) closed backs and is easily better thata lot of open backs. Some of the open backs that I have heard that have easily worse soundstage than the LCD-XC are: Focal Clear, Elear, Elex, Sennheiser HD6XX series, 5XX series. The only closed backs that I have heard that are close in soundstage, but not as good, are the E-MU Teak and the ZMF Eikon. Based off of my experience with ZMF headphones, the ZMF Verite closed is probably decent in soundstage as well.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #990 of 2,723
Alright, I ended up researching all of these headphones again this evening. I have decided that I am going to get lastest revision of either the LCD-X or LCD-3. Has anyone here compared these 2 headphones ? Thanks again for the awesome feedback thus far. I would normally not be asking questions, but I have not heard any of these models before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back