LCD-X and XC Update
Apr 24, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #496 of 2,740
Apr 25, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #499 of 2,740
As far as I know, Audeze never made a pre-Fazor LCD-X
This is what I'm thinking as well. Mr. Speakers headphones (now called Dan Clark Audio) had pre-Fazor headphones at one time but they later added a Fazor line from what I remember.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #500 of 2,740
LCDX intro in 2014 = should have fazors.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #501 of 2,740
As far as I know, Audeze never made a pre-Fazor LCD-X
I think, perhaps the very first few LCD-X were fazorless but the number of those are completely irrelevant compared to the fazored versions. I think the LCD-X was introduced at the end of 2013 and the fazors early 2014, so 99.999% of the LCD-Xs will have fazors. Even old fazorless LCD-2 are hard to find these days and those were made in higher numbers. Saying 'LCD-Xf' makes pretty much zero sense.

Apr 25, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #502 of 2,740
I think, perhaps the very first few LCD-X were fazorless but the number of those are completely irrelevant compared to the fazored versions. I think the LCD-X was introduced at the end of 2013 and the fazors early 2014, so 99.999% of the LCD-Xs will have fazors. Even old fazorless LCD-2 are hard to find these days and those were made in higher numbers. Saying 'LCD-Xf' makes pretty much zero sense.
Agree %100.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #503 of 2,740
I bought the 2021 XC. Sounds great but the upper treble was a bit too much for my ears. Added a touch of EQ and the harshness is gone while keeping all the other great qualities.
I have on order the XC. I'll mainly be using it with a iBasso DX220, but also with my main headfi setup that uses Roon. What EQ settings have you applied?

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #504 of 2,740
I have on order the XC. I'll mainly be using it with a iBasso DX220, but also with my main headfi setup that uses Roon. What EQ settings have you applied?
Make sure to get amp8 module and upgrade it internally..amazing with XC...desktop class DAP with that route...battery life great for cans.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #505 of 2,740
I recently got my now upgraded LCD-X back from Audeze. Reading through this thread has me curious about EQ'ing. I'm using Foobar, and its equalizer is pretty "meh" compared to what I was observing on the headphone show livestream.

If I were to follow Resolve's adjustments as a starting point referring to the first page and the livestream, what would be the best approach?

Do I need REW and the "peace" extension, or should I get Reveal+ since it's made for Audeze phones? I'm a complete noob in terms of parametric EQ, so any help would be appreciated.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #506 of 2,740
I recently got my now upgraded LCD-X back from Audeze. Reading through this thread has me curious about EQ'ing. I'm using Foobar, and its equalizer is pretty "meh" compared to what I was observing on the headphone show livestream.

If I were to follow Resolve's adjustments as a starting point referring to the first page and the livestream, what would be the best approach?

Do I need REW and the "peace" extension, or should I get Reveal+ since it's made for Audeze phones? I'm a complete noob in terms of parametric EQ, so any help would be appreciated.
Might as well get Peace. It seems like the standard around here. Reveal is out of date. You have no control over EQ with reveal. You have to use their presets. Don't bother with it.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #507 of 2,740
Make sure to get amp8 module and upgrade it internally..amazing with XC...desktop class DAP with that route...battery life great for cans.

Yep got AMP8 and AMP9. Both modded by Fidelizer.

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #508 of 2,740
I went down to my local dealer this morning hoping to audition the revised LCD-X, as the newer FR would likely appeal to me. Alas they only had the older model in stock, it's a good thing I went armed with pics and serial numbers from this thread :thumbsup:

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #509 of 2,740
Might as well get Peace. It seems like the standard around here. Reveal is out of date. You have no control over EQ with reveal. You have to use their presets. Don't bother with it.

So I downloaded Peace and applied the presets. Now it appears there's a problem using the EQ settings with Foobar, I think more specifically WASAPI, since it hijacks PC audio.

Any simple solution to this, or what's a good VST EQ to download where I can apply the settings to be compatible with Foobar in the same manner as Peace?

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #510 of 2,740
I have a 2019 LCD-XC and I love it.
My question is that is there a possibility that I won't like the sound if I send them for driver and pad update?
Second question, is the bass decreased in the new version?
Third question, exactly which part of the FR does this update fix? I mean what part or instrument of a song does this fix correspond to? I am asking because I am trying to understand what is wrong with a 2019 device that needed fixing? I am unable to distinguish since I have little experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back