LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Aug 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #766 of 2,398

Quote:
What is the cable you have coming?  The website is way too confusing for me to figure out.  Is there just one for the LCD or many?

I believe there are two main ones. The Double Helix and the Macro Molecule. I actually got this from a fellow headfier.

I had planned on staying with the stock for quite a while to get a good impression before I branched out but felt it was a good deal so I jumped.  If it wasn't terminated to an SR-71b connection I'd send it to you for a comparison

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #767 of 2,398

Quote:
I believe there are two main ones. The Double Helix and the Macro Molecule. I actually got this from a fellow headfier.

I had planned on staying with the stock for quite a while to get a good impression before I branched out but felt it was a good deal so I jumped.  If it wasn't terminated to an SR-71b connection I'd send it to you for a comparison

The Molecule is the 'main' one (normally in copper but silver is optional), the Macro Molecule is specially made for LCD-2 (8 wire).
But there's also the Clone, Complement and Spore

WA, if you didn't already, click towards the store instead of the main website: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/ 

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #768 of 2,398

Quote:
The Q audio cable is so speedy that I've had a ticket already. Ticket to audio heaven that is. 
cool.gif

FedEx delivery van showed up this morning, and I have since been on a joy ride. My initial impression is that Q Audio cables add clarity without changing the overall sound signature of LCD2. I like that...a lot.
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #773 of 2,398
Nice.:)  The Q is a keeper

(Off topic -> I even ordered it to my HiFiMAN HE-500).

Quote:
FedEx delivery van showed up this morning, and I have since been on a joy ride. My initial impression is that Q Audio cables add clarity without changing the overall sound signature of LCD2. I like that...a lot.
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #774 of 2,398

Quote:
L3000.gif

That increased clarity opens the way to a lot of other improvements you're going to notice as you spend more time with the Q.

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #776 of 2,398
Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with the double helix clone cables (silver or copper) with the LCD 2s (rev 2 would be great)? Thanks. http://doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=12

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #777 of 2,398
I never intended for anyone to actually buy the Kumihimo braided one.  It is intentionally priced too high, because it is really, really slow and not fun to loom.

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #779 of 2,398
I don't think it will piss im off. Since it is priced high, I think the annoyance fee is built in.

Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif

Now I'm thinking of ordering one just to piss you off.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #780 of 2,398

Quote:
I think Skylab has tried some cables, including at least the Moon Silver, ALO Chain mail, Q Audio and Norse and I believe he preferred the Q Audio in sound and ergonomics.

I bought a Double Helix Molecule OCC Silver that came in yesterday, but didn't extensively listen/compare yet. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one of Steve's cables eventually, and compare the two.
Anyhow, Peter from Double Helix made me a beatiful cable:

Ohhhhhh
eek.gif

Im thinking of getting this design, or ill get a copper teflon that would look amazing (theoretically) with the LCD-2's wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back