LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Aug 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #781 of 2,398
Quote:
Ohhhhhh
eek.gif

Im thinking of getting this design, or ill get a copper teflon that would look amazing (theoretically) with the LCD-2's wood.

the earcup wires are 'licorice' style. If I would have to order again, I'd still take the beautiful defcon style, but take the soft black nylon for the earcup wires (like Peter adviced me in the first place)
Still, it's a great looking (and sounding) cable

About the macro-molecule, maybe I'm the only one, but I find the normal braid more beautiful then the kumi. If I were to get a copper DH cable, it would be that one probably.

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #782 of 2,398

Quote:
I don't think it will piss im off. Since it is priced high, I think the annoyance fee is built in.

Lol
biggrin.gif

Quote:

the earcup wires are 'licorice' style. If I would have to order again, I'd still take the beautiful defcon style, but take the soft black nylon for the earcup wires (like Peter adviced me in the first place)
Still, it's a great looking (and sounding) cable

Peter wasn't the only one
smile.gif

I can appreciate why the soft black nylon is recommended but you do have a super nice cable there, enjoy!

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #784 of 2,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Peter wasn't the only one
smile.gif

I can appreciate why the soft black nylon is recommended but you do have a super nice cable there, enjoy!

true
it's because of your excellent recommendation I went with a cable from Peter's hands. I don't regret it a bit.

Thanks again Vince.

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #785 of 2,398
Can't talk much about cables other than direct specific questions, but I'm always willing to answer PMs.  I realize things can get a bit confusing, take your time on the site to digest it all.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #786 of 2,398

Quote:
Can't talk much about cables other than direct specific questions, but I'm always willing to answer PMs.  I realize things can get a bit confusing, take your time on the site to digest it all.

Once i get some LCD-2's ill be getting a cable.
beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #787 of 2,398

Quote:

Lol on the new avatar Peter, self portrait?

biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #788 of 2,398
You've got to be kidding me, I'm nowhere near that hot, not even with a pair of floats on.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #790 of 2,398
I only put a $100 value on it.  Not sure why you'd get charged.  

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #791 of 2,398
It's because of the recession. They are making sure they get every single penny of VAT on all imported items. Nothing gets through any more!

The invoice actually says £15.80 import VAT and £13.50 "clearance fee". Those robbing bar stewards!

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #792 of 2,398
Yay USA, I've imported some very expensive stuff with no duties from customs.  Not sure exactly what I'd have to buy to get charged.  Well, it could have been worse.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #793 of 2,398
I'm tossing up whether to get the Double Helix Molecule OCC (12ft $235) or the Q-Audio (13ft $340) cables. Are the Q-Audio cables worth the extra money? Has anyone listened to both and can make comparisons?

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #794 of 2,398
Haven't heard or seen both, but I am extremely happy with my Q-Audio cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back