LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Aug 20, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #811 of 2,398

Quote:
Has anyone tried this one yet? It looks tasty.

http://aloaudio.com/audeze-lcd2-reference-8-salty-pepper-headphone-cable.html

There's a whole thread about the LCD-2 cables from ALO, Ken just posted about that one at the end. I don't know if anyone has tried it yet though.

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #812 of 2,398
Import duties and tax are a reality in many countries whether we like it or not.  Out of respect to those sellers who are kind enough to help, at least return the favour by keeping it to yourself rather than posting online 
rolleyes.gif
.   The words gratitude and discretion come to mind.

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #813 of 2,398
I don't know that these two cables has been mentioned in this thread or not.
I have owned the LCD2 rev1 and recently own another LCD2 rev2.  I have used
3 different aftermarket cables ie. Twag cable, Zeus  silver clad cable and Apuresound V3.
I  prefer the Zeus silver clad with the LCD1 because it opens up the treble and soundstage
more while retaining the bass quality while the Twag did not.  The apuresound V3 improved
the SQ of the rev2 in all aspect comparing to the stock cable.  I haven't switched between
the two cables between the LCD2 rev1 or rev2.   However I think the quality of amplifier and
source  is probably more important than the recable.  With the new ECBA (Balancing act)
the LCD2 rev1 and rev2 really shines, I now don't have problem with the treble and soundstage
of the rev1 and no problem with the bass quantity of the rev2.   Other part may be important too
because I used the same set up as recommended by Eaglejo : Furutech Rho wall outlet, SAA
power cable and umbilical cord , the only thing that I did not do is to modify the LCD2 because
I don't need to do that .

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #814 of 2,398

Quote:
Import duties and tax are a reality in many countries whether we like it or not.  Out of respect to those sellers who are kind enough to help, at least return the favour by keeping it to yourself rather than posting online 
rolleyes.gif
.   The words gratitude and discretion come to mind.

you're right about this, thanks for reminding me to something I should've thought of myself

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #815 of 2,398
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #816 of 2,398

Quote:
Has anyone tried this one yet? It looks tasty.

http://aloaudio.com/audeze-lcd2-reference-8-salty-pepper-headphone-cable.html

Thats a $770 cable at 10 feet.    I'll be glad to review it for them if they'd send it to me...

Any aftermarket cable priced more than the Q cable is going to have to have some real mojo to it to beat out the Q for comfort, and performance.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #817 of 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats a $770 cable at 10 feet.    I'll be glad to review it for them if they'd send it to me...

Any aftermarket cable priced more than the Q cable is going to have to have some real mojo to it to beat out the Q for comfort, and performance.

$770 - that's almost as much as a new rev2.

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #818 of 2,398

Quote:
$770 - that's almost as much as a new rev2.

DHC "Spore" Ultimate Headphone Cable

Starting at: $3,000.00 

(anyone that has this? Except Peter himself)

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #820 of 2,398
Quote:
DHC "Spore" Ultimate Headphone Cable

Starting at: $3,000.00 

(anyone that has this? Except Peter himself)

'Diminishing returns' comes to mind...

I have no opinion on how the Spore cable actually sounds, but from the description I imagine it would probably have great synergy with a transparent DAC/Amp like a Lavry DA10 or DA11.

If DHC really have 999 of them readily available and don't sell enough, they could melt the silver and turn to the jewellery trade. :wink: 

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #821 of 2,398

Quote:

'Diminishing returns' comes to mind...

I have no opinion on how the Spore cable actually sounds, but from the description I imagine it would probably have great synergy with a transparent DAC/Amp like a Lavry DA10 or DA11.

If DHC really have 999 of them readily available and don't sell enough, they could melt the silver and turn to the jewellery trade. :wink: 

lol. You'd think you get the bag for free...

Peter, just send me one, I'll review it, completely for free
biggrin.gif

But seriously, it looks really sexy! I do not know any other party offering something like this.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #822 of 2,398

Quote:
lol. You'd think you get the bag for free...

Peter, just send me one, I'll review it, completely for free
biggrin.gif

But seriously, it looks really sexy! I do not know any other party offering something like this.

Yes, true. You get a LV bag for this cable! Are you really getting a review sample? I may be getting either a spore cable or a Molecule cable. First i gotta try dem LCD-2's!

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #823 of 2,398
I can't go to a totally high-end cable yet for my LCD-2 as I still have other priorities for my system(s), but if I was I would have to seriously consider a DIY Crystal Piccolino from Parrots. Compared to retail on the wire alone it's a smoking deal.

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #824 of 2,398
Haha that bag really does cost $1600, can't give out any free ones sorry...if you can afford those cables, you may as well get a proper bag for them.  I don't have 999 on hand, that just means I'm willing to build up to 999 of them.  I can't send out Spore cables, it's already costing me a fortune to build some for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back