LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 26, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #271 of 2,398
I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. You're not going to be hearing an entirely different headphone with different cables so whichever you feel looks the best or whoever you would want to deal with, I would say go in that direction. I've bought multiple cables from Doublehelixcables so I know the quality and have never had problems with it. I also talk to Peter about different things so I'm willing to give my business to him since I know he won't cheat me on quality. I don't have the luxury of trying different cables. I would rather purchase a better amp with that money to be honest.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #272 of 2,398
After much use, I decided to unbox the factory default cable.  I don't see how its less detailed, if anything it sounds cleaner which I gather is from less interference.

This was after a few months...

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #273 of 2,398
As compared to what?

Quote:
After much use, I decided to unbox the factory default cable.  I don't see how its less detailed, if anything it sounds cleaner which I gather is from less interference.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #276 of 2,398

Quote:

You should not have any interference from anything.  If you do, something is wrong.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #279 of 2,398
Update:
I use the V800 and V181 balanced so I needed a balanced cable.
I bought the Norse Audio 8 Wire and was very happy with the build quality and sound quality of the cable although it is a bit heavy.
Last week I got the AproditeCU Zeus OCC quad 22 cable and I am really happy with it. It has excellent build quality and is much much lighter than the Norse cable. At the SD meet last weekend I was A/B ing the two cables and I prefer the Zeus sound slightly more too.
It is more expensive, but I believe I will sell the Norse now...

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #280 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:
You should not have any interference from anything.  If you do, something is wrong.

I'm guessing ninjikiran was trying to say it had better conductivity?

I'm not really sure what ninjikiran was trying to say, but there seems to be something wrong with the cable.  It seems more than just a matter of cable differences.

You should hear the Q-Cable.

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #281 of 2,398
Well for fun I decided to swap in the stock cable on the LCD-2s to see if I could notice a difference since I've been so accustomed to the sound with the ALO cable.

Although on the total package it's probably only a 5-10% difference it is easily audible. Stock cable has a thinner sound and less attack/decay, just like my initial findings I recall. I really did not notice a db difference so I'm happy with my upgrade. Did I overshoot diminishing returns? Highly probable. :wink:

Cheers!

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #282 of 2,398

Quote:
Well for fun I decided to swap in the stock cable on the LCD-2s to see if I could notice a difference since I've been so accustomed to the sound with the ALO cable.

Although on the total package it's probably only a 5-10% difference it is easily audible. Stock cable has a thinner sound and less attack/decay, just like my initial findings I recall. I really did not notice a db difference so I'm happy with my upgrade. Did I overshoot diminishing returns? Highly probable.
wink.gif

Cheers!

beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #284 of 2,398
I do but don't listen to them that way because I find that they don't really scale up with speaker-like power like the HE-6/K1000 does. They do scale up with quality balanced amplification, but a couple of good watts with high current reserves is all you really need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back