Koss Portapro Thread
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #722 of 1,312
I thought the portapro was different drivers than the ksc/ktx?

10 bucks isn't bad. Monk is 5!

They are different driver. The 75/KTX are the titanium coated drivers and have a more balanced (read less bass bloom) sound sig across the spectrum. I've not yet encountered anyone who did not prefer them over the PP/Sporta/KSC35 in a head to head comparison.

The monk is 5 yes. I just don't want to deal with alibaba. That and the 1.99 Sony Ericsson HPM 62 with a foam cover and micropore tape over the bass port made me retire my Blox. The drag with the Sony is you have to reterminate it.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #723 of 1,312
The portapro is like $30 new, you couldn't get KSC75 and a headband without spending that much I would think? And the headband is already on the portapro :p

You can find the ksc75 for $12 and the identical parts express style headband can be found on eBay for $4-5 shipped. I actually prefer the KsC75 to the porta pro, and i recommend super glueing the the headband to the KsC75's. Just helps and they are still easily snapped out.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #727 of 1,312
I have Sportapro headband with 75 drivers and Sportapro/35 drivers with 75 ear clips. Best of both worlds, evens FR for both drivers for me.
By the way, these sound great regardless of price. I listen to my big ticket items and go back to these and wonder " Why?".

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #728 of 1,312
I'm surprised I didn't think the ksc75 and portapro were that different. It's been an exceptionally long time since I've owned any and when I did, I had recabled both the ksc75 and portapro.

You guys who have fun DIY modding your ksc75 should see what happens when you recable them!

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #729 of 1,312
I'm surprised I didn't think the ksc75 and portapro were that different. It's been an exceptionally long time since I've owned any and when I did, I had recabled both the ksc75 and portapro.

You guys who have fun DIY modding your ksc75 should see what happens when you recable them!

Here's a tip. Koss has used the same fittment for just about every "portable" phone they ever made. So a cheap thrift store pair of Koss will work as a Porta/Sporta/KSC75 headband.

Usually pick em up for under 2 bucks.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #730 of 1,312
Beve
Here's a tip. Koss has used the same fittment for just about every "portable" phone they ever made. So a cheap thrift store pair of Koss will work as a Porta/Sporta/KSC75 headband.

Usually pick em up for under 2 bucks.

Never seen them at a thrift store in any big city, unfortunately.

Here is the headband I have been buying.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131493857855

Seller will usually let them go for $2-2.25.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #732 of 1,312
  hmmm I do have a spare cable from my Brainwavz Hm5 (the long cable)... It is of super ncie quality. is it difficult to recable portapro ? Would it negatively affect sound or weight of the headphone?
thanks for the input.

Btw. Is Portapro endgame for anyone ? Or should I just be looking at something else ? I do love the sund of portapro and have brainwavz hm5 for isolation needs when my gf is sleeping.

It was was my end game cheap portable can for a while however i now use the sony sbh60 which is similar to the portapro. They cost about the same here in australia but they're wireless. Comfy, lightweight and pretty good battery life considering how small they are.

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #733 of 1,312
Interesting. They do look very good! I was not considering sony at all.
I am not using porta pro for portable use anyway. They are just my desktop cans

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #734 of 1,312
  Interesting. They do look very good! I was not considering sony at all.
I am not using porta pro for portable use anyway. They are just my desktop cans

Ive always loved my portapros and i used them for my desktop rig too but i've always wanted a wireless version of them. Unfortunately koss has not made one so i had to look elsewhere.

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #735 of 1,312
Hello,

I just purchased brand new Porta Pro today and applied Kramer mod (put 17 x 4mm holes each). I love the sound of Porta Pro but I hate the cable. It has kinks everywher. Has anyone changed the cable? If so, which cable is the ideal for Porta Pro? And is it hard to change the cable? Thank you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back